Top Ten Metros Ranked by Bank Deposits

... and Houston. :lol:

Banking.jpg

Source: FDIC

[facetious]Our port handles the 6th largest amount of tonnage in the world. How about yours?[/facetious] :rolleyes:

Seriously, this thread has no value. Every city can beat up on every other city if you go through enough statistics.

The Houston braggarts are feeling a little touchy today. Must be full moon.

I am so sorry that it burns your ass that the DFW metro is larger than the Houston metro, but none of us on this board make the rules. If it helps you feel better, Houston proper probably has more deposits than Dallas proper...or maybe not.

The Houston braggarts are feeling a little touchy today. Must be full moon.

I am so sorry that it burns your ass that the DFW metro is larger than the Houston metro, but none of us on this board make the rules. If it helps you feel better, Houston proper probably has more deposits than Dallas proper...or maybe not.

Editor is on this board. He makes the rules. Moderators enforce them...usually.

Respectful discussions only. My-city-is-better-than-your-city flame wars are not permitted on HAIF. "He started it" is not a valid excuse. Both parties in a flame war may have their accounts suspended or terminated. Just walk away. Flames will be deleted without notice. Please report violations to a member of the moderating team, or to the Editor.

That list is pretty parallel to the Metro size rankings list so it's not a surprise. Besides, we probably have more lower income people than some of those other places....not like that is a surprise either...

The editor for this forum most likely does not set the rules for how metros are determined by the US Government. I am not sure what you thought I was referring to.

I'm just peeved that this thread exists, that you and the other Dallasites are taunting us, and that we have the indignity to taunt you back. That's all.

Everyone with half a brain knows that everyone in Houston keeps their money in their own Safes at home or under their mattresses. It is easier to hide it fromt he Govt. that way. Some people, I swear......you'd think they were from Dallas or something.

I'm just peeved that this thread exists, that you and the other Dallasites are taunting us, and that we have the indignity to taunt you back. That's all.

TheNiche, I think you inadvertently hit the nail on the head. Only here would posting some obscure list constitute taunting Houston. This is a Dallas sub forum; it is natural to post items about Dallas here. It seems that some people on this board are hypersensitive toward anything that puts Dallas in a positive light, as if such things diminish Houston. Read this thread again and tell me who is tripping over themselves to defend Houston's honor. Of course, by "defend" I mean attack, in the form of insults about debt collectors, 30K millionaires (whatever that is supposed to mean), and an obsession with hyphens. Oh, I forgot, hyphens are bad.

I understand that this is all supposed to be fun, but the constant snotty remarks about Dallas, here and on other sub forums, and the inability to let the slightest indiscretion - real or imagined - against Houston go without response suggests real hostility. Maybe you would be kind enough to explain why this is.

It seems that some people on this board are hypersensitive toward anything that puts Dallas in a positive light, as if such things diminish Houston.
Hoy freaking vey. Are you new to this board?

Exactly what's positive for Dallas (I mean DFW) in the initial post in this thread?

I moved to Big D after graduation. If you don't know what a $30K/year millionaire is then you must be a 3 Series driving Okie transplant.

We love y'all.

I understand that this is all supposed to be fun, but the constant snotty remarks about Dallas,

Is that Dallas, or DFW?

TheNiche, I think you inadvertently hit the nail on the head. Only here would posting some obscure list constitute taunting Houston. This is a Dallas sub forum; it is natural to post items about Dallas here. It seems that some people on this board are hypersensitive toward anything that puts Dallas in a positive light, as if such things diminish Houston. Read this thread again and tell me who is tripping over themselves to defend Houston's honor. Of course, by "defend" I mean attack, in the form of insults about debt collectors, 30K millionaires (whatever that is supposed to mean), and an obsession with hyphens. Oh, I forgot, hyphens are bad.

I understand that this is all supposed to be fun, but the constant snotty remarks about Dallas, here and on other sub forums, and the inability to let the slightest indiscretion - real or imagined - against Houston go without response suggests real hostility. Maybe you would be kind enough to explain why this is.

... and Houston. :lol:

See above, and pay close attention the the last line, concluded with the laughing emoticon. This is called trolling.

It may not be incorrect, but the value added is practically nil. I'm sure Editor would not appreciate it if I posted every single obscure fact that I come across regarding Houston. And the fact that the intention of the troll is to elicit a negative response makes the value of the thread even less.

There is a perfectly good place for obscure statistics out of context of any discussion: government websites. That's what they're there for. HAIF isn't for that.

Let's begin with the initial post....

... and Houston.

is that not considered taunting in DFW?

Posting for knowledge is acceptable, but then to lecture about hypersensitivity, snotty remarks, etc is really quite juvenile.

See above, and pay close attention the the last line, concluded with the laughing emoticon. This is called trolling.

It may not be incorrect, but the value added is practically nil. I'm sure Editor would not appreciate it if I posted every single obscure fact that I come across regarding Houston. And the fact that the intention of the troll is to elicit a negative response makes the value of the thread even less.

There is a perfectly good place for obscure statistics out of context of any discussion: government websites. That's what they're there for. HAIF isn't for that.

I honestly didn't notice the "...and Houston" part; I was looking primarily at the DFW stats. My interpretation of the original post has changed; I agree that it was posted solely to provoke a negative response, which it did. My bad.

Archived