The Texans lost their first game to San Deigo 27-20. What I feel about the texans is two words, BAD LUCK! Even the city of bad luck, and now the texans. Next week they face the Lions, at Detroit. Yes, you could say another lost if they come out and play like they played today against the Chargers. After this season, they need to get another head coach, cause next is going to be the same if he still around. I guess Cowboys will always be Texas team to go to. The crowd at Reliant Stadium wasn't proud of their texans today, why cause they hurt their own selves by alot of turnovers.

I say next week game against Lions, texans will fold again to a 20-7 lost. My pick Lions.

• Like 1

I think they did rather well overall. Only one sack that I recall seeing. It's just a matter of keepin the turnovers to a minimum. It was the turnovers that killed us.

They'll improve, and it IS only the begining of the season. wait for a trend to start. The defense IS alot better than last year.

Ricco

• Like 1

I think they did rather well overall.  Only one sack that I recall seeing.  It's just a matter of keepin the turnovers to a minimum.  It was the turnovers that killed us.

They'll improve, and it IS only the begining of the season.  wait for a trend to start.  The defense IS alot better than last year.

Ricco

A lot of turnovers does make it a lot harder on your defense. We'll see how things progress. If nothing else I'd like to see them at least put two consecutive wins together this year.

• Like 1

1) The Texans not only had turnovers, but they had a number of mindless false start penalties, one of which killed what could've been a drive for a TD. You're at home, and although the acoustics with the roof closed amplifies even the tiniest of sounds, you shouldn't have four false start penalties if you're the home team.

2) The Texans didn't play a good game in the secondary, even with the lack of a pass rush. The Chargers converted a third and 15 because Marcus Coleman gave the receiver too mush of a cushion and then was late getting in on the play (not that it matters, since we were called for an illegal use of hands penalty)

3) 77 total yards of offense in the second half, and, again, the inability to convert third downs in the second half. That killed us last year and it killed us again this year.

4) No pass rush minus about four plays, including the sack late in the fourth.

It's just one game, but the way we played was too much like last year and I think expecting anything more than six wins is unrealistic unless some things change, like the penalties and the continued blown third downs and no pass rush.

• Like 1

I disagree that Capers is a horrible coach. The Texans don't have a lot of depth, which is why you see a guy like Jerry Deloach starting yesterday (I'm not hating on Jerry but he's just not a particularly impressive professional defensive lineman). It's also why you see Eric Brown at starting free/strong safety... on a lot of other teams, he'd be a backup.

You can only do so much with what you have, and expansion teams generally have a lot of depth issues after their first five seasons. They should have great starting personnel at all positions by year four (because they get so many high draft picks, usually) but they don't have a lot of depth behind it.

Capers nearly took Carolina to the Superbowl in his second season there but they had a big turnover in players the next season because they were older and were entitled to more money.

I do, agree, though that if the Texans don't win six/seven games that Capers needs to be held responsible.

• Like 1

I also disagree. Dom Capers is a good coach. The reason we lost last Sunday was a shift in momentum caused by the power outage in the stadium.

As a side note, isn't it ironic that a stadium named after an energy conglomerate would lose power during a TV broadcast?

As you recall, the Texans had just sacked Drew Brees, San Diego's quarterback, before the outage. After the outage, we turned over the ball with a few minutes left in the game.

This was a costly mistake however, does not a bad coach make.

Keep the faith my friends.

• Like 1

We will find out how good they are when they head to Detroit Sunday Game #2. If they lose this upcoming game, and the one against Kansas City Chiefs. If they become 0-3 the Texans can wrap up their 3rd season.

You obviously know nothing about football or theNFL.THe TEXANS are an expansion team. you can't expect them to be a playoff caliber team this early. it's not realistic.in fact, it takes years for a team to get to that level.only a few expansion teams have done it by drafting old veteran players.the TEXANS lost sunday because of turnovers.that's not the coaches fault.he wasn't carrying or passing the football.stick to architecture because you know nothing about this subject. :angry:

• Like 1

Excuse me. The Texans are not an expansion team anymore, and I know a great deal about football, cause I play semi pro. They even interviewed John Madden on the Texans, and he said the Texans should be 8-8 this season. Texans have a good team, yes. They have a good enough team to win 8 games, or even go to the playoffs. Look at Carolina, in their second year in the NFL they went to the second round of the playoffs, so don't tell me I don't know about football. Texans should win at lease 7 to 8 games this year, if not, somethings wrong with the coaching staff, or players. But of course, the GM and the owner going to take it out on the coaching staff, or cut some of the players that is not doing their job on the field. Texans have a hard season ahead of them.

• Like 1

:rolleyes:

You obviously know nothing about football or theNFL.THe TEXANS are an expansion team. you can't expect them to be a playoff caliber team this early. it's not realistic.in fact, it takes years for a team to get to that level.only a few expansion teams have done it by drafting old veteran players.the TEXANS lost sunday because of turnovers.that's not the coaches fault.he wasn't carrying or passing the football.stick to architecture because you know nothing about this subject. :angry:

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Excuse me. The Texans are not an expansion team anymore, and I know a great deal about football, cause I play semi pro. They even interviewed John Madden on the Texans, and he said the Texans should be 8-8 this season. Texans have a good team, yes. They have a good enough team to win 8 games, or even go to the playoffs. Look at Carolina, in their second year in the NFL they went to the second round of the playoffs, so don't tell me I don't know about football. Texans should win at lease 7 to 8 games this year, if not, somethings wrong with the coaching staff, or players. But of course, the GM and the owner going to take it out on the coaching staff, or cut some of the players that is not doing their job on the field. Texans have a hard season ahead of them.

Semi pro ?You mean flag football.that's it. As i stated in my last post,Carolina was an exception because they drafted older veterans,which greatly contributed to their early success.Refer back to that post because it seems you are a little slow.Must be that gridiron semi pro (flag football) you're playing.So, the TEXANS should be 8-8 because John Madden said so?Last time i checked, madden wasn't a prophet.look at the success the Cleveland Browns have had Mr. semi pro.

Stop the wishful thinking,developing a superbowl caliber team is a very slow process. A person who really knew football would know that. Be glad that Houston has a team to support.Bye the way, what is success without struggle? Remeber that.

• Like 1

No need to explain to an simple person like yourself, Houcajun. Texans problem is they can not execute in the red zone. They move the ball, but they can not punch it in. They don't execute plays right in crucial moments. And another thing that you don't know about. Carolina had mixture of guys on their team just like Texans have, veterans and rookies. Carolina was a more determine team then the Texans. I realize about the Texans also, that they don't have enough aggressive on the team. It have to be a leader pumping your team up, a coach can not always pump the team up. It has to be a leader(s) within the team to stark that flame, that momentum, that desire to win. That's why I admire the Linebacker from the Ravens, Lewis, now he pumps up his team. Now that's a leader, a strong leader that the Texans needs to get them ready for war on the gridiron every gameday. The Texans need to stay foucs, and execute every play as possbile, and cause less turnovers and mindless penalties.

Like I said before. The Texans better come out and play at their full potental this sunday against the Lions, if they don't. They will be heading to another good team, Kansas City Chiefs, followed by Oakland Raiders. Houston is a hostile crowd to deal with when you continue on having a losing season, just ask Bud Adams the former owner of the Oilers. And you say I don't know what I'm talking about? Please son, I take you to football 101.

No need to explain to an simple person like yourself, Houcajun. Texans problem is they can not execute in the red zone. They move the ball, but they can not punch it in. They don't execute plays right in crucial moments. And another thing that you don't know about. Carolina had mixture of guys on their team just like Texans have, veterans and rookies. Carolina was a more determine team then the Texans. I realize about the Texans also, that they don't have enough aggressive on the team. It have to be a leader pumping your team up, a coach can not always pump the team up. It has to be a leader(s) within the team to stark that flame, that momentum, that desire to win. That's why I admire the Linebacker from the Ravens, Lewis, now he pumps up his team. Now that's a leader, a strong leader that the Texans needs to get them ready for war on the gridiron every gameday. The Texans need to stay foucs, and execute every play as possbile, and cause less turnovers and mindless penalties.

Like I said before. The Texans better come out and play at their full potental this sunday against the Lions, if they don't. They will be heading to another good team, Kansas City Chiefs, followed by Oakland Raiders. Houston is a hostile crowd to deal with when you continue on having a losing season, just ask Bud Adams the former owner of the Oilers. And you say I don't know what I'm talking about? Please son, I take you to football 101.

Football 101?What you fail to realize is that Carolina focused on drafting mostly veteran players to their team, which resulted in their early success. Dom Capers said it himself on sports radio 610.He's on every monday at 5pm.call and ask. That's s-p-o-r-t-s-r-a-d-i-o-6-1-0.You are stuck on stupid.How many times do i have to tell you.The only class you'll be taking me to is remedial football. Ray lewis is a great leader and motivater,but that leadership didn't help them win sunday against Cleveland.Were they any less pumped, focused,or ready for war?Houston is a hostile crowd because of fans like you who think if they go 0-3there season is lost.If they go 0-10, i am still glad to support this team.That's a real fan.something you don't know about.So reach down and pull your head out of your( you know what).

Say what you feel, cause if the Texans don't produce they're outta here just like the oilers, or it will be lesser crowd at the stadium. Then the owner and the GM have to find away to bring back the crowd, by adding top name players to the team. I know how things work from the inside, the fans (like yourself) looking from what they do on the field every sunday. I know what they do behind close doors, but I'm about to say what they do cause it's none of your concern. But I give you a hint... let the texans keep on having a season.

Say what you feel, cause if the Texans don't produce they're outta here just like the oilers, or it will be lesser crowd at the stadium. Then the owner and the GM have to find away to bring back the crowd, by adding top name players to the team. I know how things work from the inside, the fans (like yourself) looking from what they do on the field every sunday. I know what they do behind close doors, but I'm about to say what they do cause it's none of your concern. But I give you a hint... let the texans keep on having a season.

Are you on Paxil?Houston made the mistake in allowing the Oilers to leave, but they won't make the same mistake with this team. If the Texans don't produce,the crowd will get smaller:but that goes for every team in the NFL ( CARDINALS,SAINTS,LIONS,COWBOYS,)etc... Look dude, you haven't said anything on this post that i don't already know about GM's, lesser crowds, big time players, or whatever else you think you believe you know. On the other hand, i personally know Domanick Davis, J.J. moses,Brandon Stockley(Colts),and Kevin Faulk(Patriots).And you say you know what goes on behind closed doors?Please, you know about as much as any other football fan knows.stick to posting pictures of the Houston skyline, it seems to be the only thing you know how to do.

Houston Texans is down again. Look at the score 7-3 Lions in the lead. If the Texans lose today's game, I predict they will be 0-6 during bye week. Right now it's halftime, and david carr looking like he was two years ago coming into the NFL. This is an important game to the Texans, cause they have a hard road ahead of them. I think the GM and the owner need to get a new coaching staff after this season.

Doing the first half of the game, on defense. The DB's is giving the wide recievers to much cusion undereath, that's why you see the Lions doing 5 to 10 yard hooks. But overall, teh defense is doing pretty good, better then the offense. The offense looked better last week when they played an harder team, the Chargers. Today, they can't even complete a pass, and daivd carr running around like an chicken with it's neck cut off. Domonick Davis is doing pretty good, he is a great rusher if you tell me. The texans probably is, when they start driving down field and when they get into the red zone they starts to nut up. They do not, and I repeat, they don not EXECUTE in the red zone, and I blame that on the offensive corrnator. But let's just see if the texans pulls it off doing the second half.

Execution, execution, execution! Texans is lacking that. The Lions wins 28-16. Lions goes 2-0, and Texans goes 0-2. They doing worster than last season. The Texans have a good team, yes they do, but they can not produce and let me tell you why, poor coaching calls. First start of the 4th quarter, the Texans drove down the field and made a touchdown, great, but here comes a dumb decision, they goes for 2 point conversion and failed, with the Lions still leads 21-16.

So far, what I have mention about the Texans came true. The Texans travel next sunday to Kansas City. My prediction, Chiefs 31-10 over the Texans.

Football 101?What you fail to realize is that Carolina focused on drafting mostly veteran players to their team, which resulted in their early success. Dom Capers said it himself on sports radio 610.He's on every monday at 5pm.call and ask. That's s-p-o-r-t-s-r-a-d-i-o-6-1-0.You are stuck on stupid.How many times do i have to tell you.The only class you'll be taking me to is remedial football. Ray lewis is a great leader and motivater,but that leadership didn't help them win sunday against Cleveland.Were they any less pumped, focused,or ready for war?Houston is a hostile crowd because of fans like you who think if they go 0-3there season is lost.If they go 0-10, i am still glad to support this team.That's a real fan.something you don't know about.So reach down and pull your head out of your( you know what).

Hey I'm sure you can make your point without insulting other posters.

Yes, we finally won a game, but one game doesn't change the NFL. They mention that the Texans is not playing like a .500 ball team, and they not a expansion team anymore, so let's that out of our heads. The Texans beat Chiefs 24-21, still they need alot of work to do. Next week the Texans host the Raiders here. If the Texans keep their heads high, they could come out with a victory.