• INTJ
    • ENTP
    • INTP
    • ENFJ
    • INFJ
    • ENFP
    • INFP

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

The above website links to a personality test frequently used by management and human resources consultants to identify the temperments of individuals. You can register to take the official test if you're so inclined, but the results should be the same, and the first link won't make you give away personal information. The test has also been extensively applied in academic research by psychologists, historians, and others in business and liberal arts fields.

The purpose of this thread is to identify personality type trends among HAIFers. I've already got an intuitive idea as to the most likely outcomes, but I'll hold off on blurting them out until I've got a large enough sample to draw meaningful conclusions...or until the thread dies, whichever comes first.

----------------------

Instructions:

1) To prevent bias, don't research the issue beforehand. Wikipedia and other sources have plenty of information, but it'll be more useful to you after you've taken the test and gotten your results.

2) Recognize that there are no right or wrong answers. Everyone has a place in the world.

3) Enter your results in the poll. Post them if you feel like it, but the poll is anonymous.

Edited by danax

Danax has activated the poll, but we're going to try to change the format to either have all 16 options listed sequentially or to ask four different questions, each with four possible responses. Either way will suffice, but it may require that people resubmit their answers to the poll.

If worst comes to worst, this'll yield at least some morsel of information. The four sets do have some meaning by themselves, although it isn't as precise as I'd prefer.

Thanks for your patience, fellow HAIFers. :)

INTJ

INTJ, but I voted accidently voted ENTJ, so maybe I don't deserve my rating?

Now I'm off to read up as to what INTJ means.

Over the years I've fluctuated between ESFJ and ESTJ. My F/T scores are almost always just about dead even.

Guest danax
INTJ, but I voted accidently voted ENTJ, so maybe I don't deserve my rating?

Now I'm off to read up as to what INTJ means.

I corrected your vote.

Mine came up INTJ as well. 3 of us so far. What's up with that?

INTJ

INFJ

89 50 25 22

edit: good lord. i also voted wrong...

perhaps DSLXC would have been better for me. :(

Edited by torvald

Guest danax
INFJ

89 50 25 22

edit: good lord. i also voted wrong...

perhaps DSLXC would have been better for me. :(

Fixed it. Those letterings are close enough to make one dizzy. :wacko:

eNTj. I am along the lines of a Fieldmarshal, according to them. I think in a situation instead of a planned event. That is the way I like it. In my business, every deal is different, so I do have to think on my feet.

Fixed it. Those letterings are close enough to make one dizzy. :wacko:

thank you danax!

also on that website under the presidents tab: "The other temperament, the Idealist, has provided one of the great surprises in this study of character: we find that there has never been an Idealist President in all the two hundred year history of The United States of America. We will comment later on this curious void in American politics..."

neat stuff.

Edited by torvald

Preliminary results:

So far, we've got some pretty dominant traits on the forum, it seems. The INTJs are very well represented on the forum, considering that they only comprise between two and three percent of the general population.

Introvert

67% of HAIF

47% of General Population

INtuitive

83% of HAIF

44% of General Population

Thinking

67% of HAIF

41% of General Population

Judging

92% of HAIF

67% of General Population

I still want more feedback before I draw conclusions. It'd be nice to get a sample about twice as large as we have now.

Edited by TheNiche

ENTJ - that makes me retarded

Bill Gates is a 'tard ? Napoleon, a 'tard ? TJones a 'tard ? Umm, don't answer the last one, but you are in the same category as the other two, as am I. Trust me, you are in excellent company. NOW, Quit your bitchin' you friggin' 'tard ! :P:lol:

Edited by TJones

ISFP - the only one!

Finally we get an SP combination! It was really odd not having at least one. I think I've got enough to go on, now. The only thing I don't have is a couple hours to read back through some stuff and play with the numbers. So I'll probably write something up in a couple days.

ISFP - the only one!

What does the P stand for?

And hey Niche, since you've been here forever and since some people revealed their results, are you surprised by anyone who you're relativly familiar with? Or is that coming with the report?

Edited by lockmat

What does the P stand for?

And hey Niche, since you've been here forever and since some people revealed their results, are you surprised by anyone who you're relativly familiar with? Or is that coming with the report?

P stands for Probing. http://keirsey.com/pumII/jp.html

I figured we'd have at least a couple more SJs, but won't say who.

Sounds like my ex girlfriend :lol::lol::P:wacko: the probing part

I like probing. . . but just recently. It hurt at the beginning! :lol::P

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ! ! ! TMI................TMI ! ! !

P stands for Probing. http://keirsey.com/pumII/jp.html

I figured we'd have at least a couple more SJs, but won't say who.

Yeah, I know mine was a big shocker to you. :rolleyes::lol:

according to the humanmetrics, INTP (78, 12, 38, 22) although i would have guessed ISTP instead of the N (which i suppose is reflected in the "12") from the following site:

http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

i have a copy of please understand me II somewhere - i'll have to dig it up

Edited by sevfiv

Guest Marty

I thought the freaks came out at night not during the day :blink:

I thought the freaks came out at night not during the day :blink:

Hey, all types try it, it is not just guys, women try it too . . . I digress. :rolleyes:

Hey, all types try it, it is not just guys, women try it too . . . I digress. :rolleyes:

I hope y'all are talking about alien abductions, atleast thats what I'm reading with my Virgin Eyes...

I'm not a big fan of tests that attempt to analyze my personality for the amusement of others. I wonder what that says about me? ;)

I'm not a big fan of tests that attempt to analyze my personality for the amusement of others. I wonder what that says about me? ;)

You took the test and you got an embarrassing result? :P

Edited by Pumapayam

What would be embarrassing? :huh: What could something like that tell you that you don't already know? Oh, gee, I'm an opinionated extrovert like most people here? :lol:

What would be embarrassing? :huh: What could something like that tell you that you don't already know? Oh, gee, I'm an opinionated extrovert like most people here? :lol:

:lol: So, you DIDN'T take the test hmmmmmm ? ;)

Edited by TJones

Sounds to me like you're insecure about some aspect of yourself, but then that's probably a seperate matter from personality types.

I'm going to guess ESFJ or possibly ESFP.

ISTJ just like JD Rockefeller, Warren Buffett and Queen Elizabeth. Hey!? I've been called a queen before but how come I'm not filthy rich?

Sounds to me like you're insecure about some aspect of yourself,

Aren't we all?

I'm going to guess ESFJ or possibly ESFP.

I really don't know what I am, and I doubt you know, either. :D I was truly kidding with my post, hence the "wink". True to form though, you responded with your usual analytical self...not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:

Edited by Parrothead

Aren't we all?

I really don't know what I am, and I doubt you know, either. :D I was truly kidding with my post, hence the "wink". True to form though, you responded with your usual analytical self...not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:

She does not need a test, we can analysis her just fine without it. . . right! ^_^

She does not need a test, we can analysis her just fine without it. . . right! ^_^

Now, now, Puma, be gentle. I've been nothing but nice to you. :)

ESFJ for me! All of it is true. I care so much to the point I care for others moreso then myself!

ESFJs are people persons - they love people. They are warmly interested in others. They use their Sensing and Judging characteristics to gather specific, detailed information about others, and turn this information into supportive judgments. They want to like people, and have a special skill at bringing out the best in others. They are extremely good at reading others, and understanding their point of view. The ESFJ's strong desire to be liked and for everything to be pleasant makes them highly supportive of others. People like to be around ESFJs, because the ESFJ has a special gift of invariably making people feel good about themselves.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html

(this is true about me)

For example...my friend just lost her dog (to a rescue shelter...won't go into the story)...I know she loves my kitten so I was going to hand her my kitten (the cat and my friend def. go hand and hand) or I was going to trade the kitten in to get her dog back from the rescue shelter. Even though her getting the dog back wasn't a possiblity it was the thought and if the action was put through...I sacrificed myself (I have heard time and time again to stop being a martyr) and animal to help my friend.

The potential ways in which an ESFJ can irritate others include:

talking too much

assuming they know the needs of others

avoiding conflict, and not giving criticism when it is needed

not paying attention to their own needs

not seeing the wood for the trees

being reluctant to try out new things or work towards new possibilities

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/mb-types/esfj.htm

(talking too much and not paying to my own needs!! (yes yes and yes!!) my mom always told me or others: If I don't talk I am either up to something or something's wrong. I am reluctant to try new things and I feel like I want to help everybody (I have heard I can't help everyone!)

My career I would love to do that's fitting for this type:

"Public Relations"

ESFjs have got very characteristic movements. When walking they often look like they are in a hurry. In fact, ESFjs always seem to be in a hurry. They are always going somewhere or visiting someone. They often seem to be overloaded with work that is not so urgent. They do not like to be criticised on this point and can sometimes take offence

ESFjs like to talk about people they know. They easily make new friends, because of their sociability and friendly approach.

(darn I lost the website)

well that's pretty much true to me!! :)

Thank you!!

Edited by BayouCityGirl

INTP

They could have made that a much shorter test, by not asking the same questions over and over.

Carl Jung came up with this stuff... had some interesting things to say about it. Apparently the differences between extrovert and introvert are noticeable in babies, and never change during an entire life. The West is extroverted, the East introverted. This was the same guy who came up with the Archetypes, a student of Freud, a major influence on George Lucas, and the father of New Age spiritualism.

Check out the Jung Center on Montrose near the art museum.

INTP

They could have made that a much shorter test, by not asking the same questions over and over.

Carl Jung came up with this stuff... had some interesting things to say about it. Apparently the differences between extrovert and introvert are noticeable in babies, and never change during an entire life. The West is extroverted, the East introverted. This was the same guy who came up with the Archetypes, a student of Freud, a major influence on George Lucas, and the father of New Age spiritualism.

Check out the Jung Center on Montrose near the art museum.

I got a kinda stupid question.. If the west was Extroverted and the East Introverted what does that make Central? (or what Houston would be classified as?)