Cy-Fair ISD Faces Criticism

Chris

Maybe have a Fairbanks division, Cypress division, and [insert name] division. They could still be under one main district and superintendent, but they would still be separate. Almost like the United States.

Maybe have a Fairbanks division, Cypress division, and [insert name] division. They could still be under one main district and superintendent, but they would still be separate. Almost like the United States.

Thats not a bad idea at all. Maybe have 3 Asst. Superintendents over the 3 sections, but still have the main superintendent over the whole district.

Split it up completely. There should be a Cypress I.S.D. and a Fairbanks I.S.D.

Cypress I.S.D. will include Cy-Fair, Cy-Springs, Cy-Lakes, Cy-Ranch, Cy-Woods, and Cy-Creek (man that's a lot of schools)

Fairbanks I.S.D. will include Jersey Village, Cy-Falls, Langham Creek, Cy-Ridge; this will work because none of these school boundaries are actually in Cypress. (Cy-Falls will become Fairbanks Falls or Fair-Falls and Cy-Ridge will become Fairbanks Ridge or Fair-Ridge)

Split it up completely. There should be a Cypress I.S.D. and a Fairbanks I.S.D.

Cypress I.S.D. will include Cy-Fair, Cy-Springs, Cy-Lakes, Cy-Ranch, Cy-Woods, and Cy-Creek (man that's a lot of schools)

Fairbanks I.S.D. will include Jersey Village, Cy-Falls, Langham Creek, Cy-Ridge; this will work because none of these school boundaries are actually in Cypress. (Cy-Falls will become Fairbanks Falls or Fair-Falls and Cy-Ridge will become Fairbanks Ridge or Fair-Ridge)

So each district would have about 35,000-40,000 students?

Katy I.S.D. is at 51,000 students, and the district is not even close to being fully developed. The areas around the newly built Seven Lakes High School are just no breaking ground. The part of Fulshear in Katy I.S.D. has a few new communities, but not much. Once the Bridgeland's starts building its section in Katy I.S.D., then Katy I.S.D. will get even larger. Katy I.S.D. will have 62,279 by 2010, and 83,418 by 2015.

Seven Lakes' current attendance zone is expected to have 5,500 students and Morton Ranch's zone is expected to have 4,200 students. This article was written back in July.

Here is a list of schools. The larger number is what their enrollment would be in 2015 if no new schools were built. There current enrollment is in ():

High schools

Katy - 6,073 (2,709)

Taylor - 2,952 (2,848)

Mayde Creek - 2,896 (2,629)

Cinco Ranch - 3,044 (3,133)

Morton Ranch - 4,237 (2,592)

Seven Lakes - 5,491 (1,562)

Junior highs

Katy - 3,799 (1,241)

Cinco Ranch - 1,452 (1,087)

Mayde Creek - 1,657 (1,394)

McDonald - 1,405 (1,268)

Morton Ranch - 1,786 (1,214)

Memorial Parkway - 1,016 (987)

West Memorial - 968 (825)

Beck - 1,187 (1,157)

Beckendorff - 5,443 (1,199)

McMeans - 1,273 (1,226)

These are the enrollment numbers for Klein ISD in 2013 without a 5th High School or a 8th Intermediate School. Currently the 8th Intermediate School is being built and the 5th High School is in the planning stage. These are some big numbers especially for the High Schools with each of them being at almost 4,000 students. In Klein ISD the Klein, Klein Oak and Klein Collins Attendance Zones are expected to have the highest enrollments. Crrently Klein Oak has 2,200, Klein has 3,400, Klein Collins has 3,200 and Klein Forest has 3,500. The numbers below do not show KF having the most populated zone. I guess things are going to change between 2007 and 2013.

High School Campuses

Klein: 3,948

Klein Collins: 3,851

Klein Forest: 3,701

Klein Oak: 3,943

Intermediate Campuses

Doerre: 1,525

Hildebrandt: 2,534

Kleb: 1,286

Klein: 1,365

Schindewolf: 1,911

Strack: 1,410

Wunderlich: 1,537

While I think its a great district, I think it would be wise to split it up into 3 parts.

This is a pretty bold statement with no facts and/or reasoning to back it/support it.

Why, hat would be the reasoning beside the fact that you do not like a big district? Big is not always bad. Also, splitting the district into three would require the creation of three separate support organizations (admin staff, food, bus, maintenance, etc) adding tremendous amounts of overhead that would overcome any efficiencies possibly gained.

I hope this never happens. :huh:

Why not?

I want all of the COH limits to be a part of Houston ISD so that all city residents may access the same magnet schools.

I would like to establish several new magnet high schools in several parts of town, as well as promote hypothetical newly-made programs at Memorial HS, Stratford HS, Clear Lake HS, Dobie HS, Aldine or MacArthur HS, and the Kingwood high schools.

Why not?

I want all of the COH limits to be a part of Houston ISD so that all city residents may access the same magnet schools.

I would like to establish several new magnet high schools in several parts of town, as well as promote hypothetical newly-made programs at Memorial HS, Stratford HS, Clear Lake HS, Dobie HS, Aldine or MacArthur HS, and the Kingwood high schools.

Anybody in the Houston area can attend any Houston area magnet school if they are accepted. It has been a while since I was involved, but they even pay for some transportation cost/logistics. I lived in a different district but attended HUSD Magnet school in middle school, and I know people are still doing it.

Also, there is no reason for district boundaries to match political boundaries. The two are not related nor should they be. The only concern should be for one side of the street to not attend a district across the street.

H20Buff, that's not necessairly true...

1. People who are accepted first are always within the district

2. Then children of out of district HISD employees are accepted for free, if any room is left

3. Then out of district people attend, for a fee, if any room is left.

And HISD revised its rules regarding out-of-district employees: http://www.houstonisd.org/HISD/portal/arti...1408223,00.html

The idea of my district, BTW, is:

* City of Houston boundaries, plus Bellaire, West U, Southside Place, Memorial Villages, the bit of Pasadena that is Clear Lake City, the Harris County section of Missouri City, and the unincorporated areas in (current) Houston ISD, Alief ISD, Aldine ISD, Spring Branch ISD, and some unincorporated sections of Pasadena ISD (near Dobie HS).

Anybody in the Houston area can attend any Houston area magnet school if they are accepted. It has been a while since I was involved, but they even pay for some transportation cost/logistics. I lived in a different district but attended HUSD Magnet school in middle school, and I know people are still doing it.

Also, there is no reason for district boundaries to match political boundaries. The two are not related nor should they be. The only concern should be for one side of the street to not attend a district across the street.

At the Vistas High School in Klein ISD, only Klein ISD Students can attend. Before attending the campus they have to go through an interview with the director of the program after submitting an application and essay explaining why you think you should be able to attend Vistas.

Archived