Happy Winter Holidays!

TJones

When I was young and my mom was still tied to her family's old-country Catholicism, our lights and tree and all stayed up until the Feast of the Epiphany. I guess it just goes to show how little modern Christmas has to do with religion.

Ours stayed up forever too (prolly why I hate Christmas trees now) and were brown, trailing needles, and just past its prime.

Question: How long do you keep your tree--and other other trappings--up?

Until Twelfth Night (or thereabouts). Since I'm likely not to run home from work, dismantle the tree, and run it to Memorial Park for recycling on 1/05 (the last day for tree recycling), it will likely come down on the Sunday after New Years.

When I was young and my mom was still tied to her family's old-country Catholicism, our lights and tree and all stayed up until the Feast of the Epiphany. I guess it just goes to show how little modern Christmas has to do with religion.

We're Catholic light ^_^ .

Ours stayed up forever too (prolly why I hate Christmas trees now) and were brown, trailing needles, and just past its prime.

i leave my nativity scene out til the 6th...

I assumed the story of the magi and the baby Jesus was generally accepted by non-catholic Christians. Is it not?

Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, and Episcopalians tend to be more personally involved with a liturgical calendar. Other traditional, Protestant religions like Lutherans, Presbyterians, and Methodists do acknowledge the Epihany in their services.

I recenty learned that the Eastern Orthodox recognize Epiphany on 1/05. Technically, they're right if you count 12/25 as day one.

Until Twelfth Night (or thereabouts). Since I'm likely not to run home from work, dismantle the tree, and run it to Memorial Park for recycling on 1/05 (the last day for tree recycling), it will likely come down on the Sunday after New Years.

One of the coastal counties is asking for dead Christmas trees. They'll be staked into the beach. I think it was Brazoria. I can't find the e-mail about it right now, though.

Question: How long do you keep your tree--and other other trappings--up?

Tree is down and out for pick-up already. Lights and Giant Santa and Frosty are still up out front. Most likely take them down tomorrow or next weekend.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and Happy New Year.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

On behalf of all the members of the 336th Assault Helicopter Company A Merry Christmas to All of our Friends and Loved Ones, and to all Members of this Board.

ibxn35.gif

On behalf of all the members of the 121st Assault Helicopter Company A Merry Christmas to All of our Friends and Loved Ones, and to all Members of this Board.

10q9phj.gif

On behalf of all our Brothers in the US Navy HAL(3) Squadron they too wish everyone a Merry Christmas

mjaiao.jpg

Merry Christmas to you, too. Though I never associated Christmas with being devoured by robotic wolves before.

Actually hard to see, the Wolves are symbolic to the Unit, they were HAL(3) Helicopter Attack Light! The Seawolves.. they were one squadron of UH1's and their mission was to provide air support for Navy Seals and the Brown Water Naval Forces. Their numbers were very small around 5000 for the entire ten year period. Their mission was completely different from the Army and although a small unit they had extremely high casualties in comparison. Not because they were careless but they were fearless and rescued many many persons who had already been denied help because an area was too hostile or under heavy fire, those rescued were mainly Army personnel. In our gunships we were forbidden to land in a hostile zone to pick up anyone, even our own, the thinking was our lives and our helicopter were more important. We were grossly overloaded already and would have a hard time lifting out of an LZ with even one more person. We did stay on station and provide cover, the Seawolves would offer help to anyone! I'm quite proud to know a few of these guys.

• 4 years later...

I just wanted to pass along a seasons greetings to all fellow Haifer's!

Wishing all peace on Earth and a joyful time with friends and family.

We have much to be thankful for and I wanted to share my happy holidays!

P.S. I know this isn't going up related but what the heck

I just wanted to pass along a seasons greetings to all fellow Haifer's!

Wishing all peace on Earth and a joyful time with friends and family.

We have much to be thankful for and I wanted to share my happy holidays!

P.S. I know this isn't going up related but what the heck

So what your saying is "your level of Hoilday Cheer is ...Going Up" lol

PS: I echo Bobruss' sentiment... Happy Holidays to all.

• 5 years later...
  • The title was changed to Happy Winter Holidays!
  • 8 months later...

Archived