New Apartments On Spring-Cypress Rd.

mvromine

Who approved the new apt. bldgs. at Huffsmith-Kohrville and Spring-Cypress? It's like little Santa Fe over there.

...though I guess giving directions will be easier now, "just past the pink and orange and grey and blue and (my personal favorite) teal bldgs...."

Thankfully, they kept up a nice shield of trees on one side, at least!

Apartments are in high demand right now, because my generation is moving past college age and needs somewhere to live, and there are lots of us ;). Unfortunately, they keep building these massive complexes made of cheap materials that try to sell themselves as "luxury". Whatever happened to the modest and cozy smaller apartment complexes that they used to build in the 70s and 80s? I'd love to see one single developer who cares about building apartments that fit snugly into the community.

Apartments are in high demand right now, because my generation is moving past college age and needs somewhere to live, and there are lots of us ;). Unfortunately, they keep building these massive complexes made of cheap materials that try to sell themselves as "luxury". Whatever happened to the modest and cozy smaller apartment complexes that they used to build in the 70s and 80s? I'd love to see one single developer who cares about building apartments that fit snugly into the community.

With the abundance of $99 move-in specials and the like, many in brand-new complexes. I would argue that no, apartments are not in such high demand. In places like Midtown, sure. Galleria, yes. Still, I think they've overbuilt.

With the abundance of $99 move-in specials and the like, many in brand-new complexes. I would argue that no, apartments are not in such high demand. In places like Midtown, sure. Galleria, yes. Still, I think they've overbuilt.

The demand for building them is still hanging around, but the actual demand of tenants isn't so high right now. I have no idea why they keep building these huge apartment complexes in NW Houston. It makes no sense, when you have all the 99 move-in specials, like you said. This might actually be good for me though, since I'm planning to move at the beginning of the year into an apartment. Hopefully the overbuilding will keep the prices low enough for me to afford one in a nicer area.

I'm either going to live off 249, Wunderlich, Cypresswood @ Kuykendahl, or off Aldine-Westfield, likely in an older property. MrFootball, do you know of any apartments from these locations that are good or ones that I should avoid, based on what you've experienced or what you've heard from others?

Auteur, you may wish to avoid the Wunderlich rd. apts.

Check out the apartments located near the intersection of Champion Forest Dr. & Cypresswood. They're pretty nice. You may also wish to check out the ones at Cutten Rd. & Cypresswood. They're also pretty nice.

There's only one problem... I'm trying to stay under 800 bucks a month. Any two-bedroom near Cypresswood or the Raveneaux area is going to be over 800. I may be forced to live in a cheaper property. If you knew that you had to drive to U of H main campus for a night class once a week, would you rather live on Wunderlich, Kuykendahl, 249, or Aldine-Westfield near the Hardy Toll Rd?

To be honest, the Apartments near Cutten sound like your best bet whether its the ones on FM 1960 or the ones directly on Cutten. They were built in a way that retained the woods around them, making them nicer IMO. There are also the ones on Cypresswood on the other side of 249 (near Mandolin). Quick access to 249 makes your drive to UH quicker.

I would also shy away from the Aldine-Westfield area.

I would also shy away from the Aldine-Westfield area.

Aldine Westfield is under major construction right now they are expanding it out to 4 lanes. so i would avoid that area for now too.

Aldine Westfield is under major construction right now they are expanding it out to 4 lanes. so i would avoid that area for now too.

It's a pretty long road that goes all the way from inner city Houston out to Spring. I don't know if I mentioned exactly where I wanted to live on Aldine-Westfield, but it would be near Hirschfield Rd past the Arboretum. Is that where the construction is?

It seems like a really nice area with all the trees, but I think the home values are dropping with lots of low income residents moving into the area. Is there anyone who knows more about the east side of Spring who could give me a briefing?

It's a pretty long road that goes all the way from inner city Houston out to Spring. I don't know if I mentioned exactly where I wanted to live on Aldine-Westfield, but it would be near Hirschfield Rd past the Arboretum. Is that where the construction is?

It seems like a really nice area with all the trees, but I think the home values are dropping with lots of low income residents moving into the area. Is there anyone who knows more about the east side of Spring who could give me a briefing?

Old Town Spring Shopping, Spring ISD. West Spring is way better.

no that's already 4 lanes. the construction is south of 1960. i live down the street from Hirshfield the apartments have some crime issues. there are several houses next to me that are for sale

Those APT's at 249 and Spring Cypress look like a carribean nightmare. Not only are they built cheap, they look cheap and hideous. I shudder and cringe every day when I pass them. Who ever designed the color scheme for those should be drug out a nd kicked in the groin multiple times in public view for drawing up that jamaican ghetto looking complex.

It'll be a future slum, probably. But then again, it's amazing how complexes you'd think would turn ghetto have held their value because of the good area they are in.

no that's already 4 lanes. the construction is south of 1960. i live down the street from Hirshfield the apartments have some crime issues. there are several houses next to me that are for sale

There really aren't many complexes over there, but unfortunately, the one I like a whole lot has a flaw in that it's right down the street from some low income subsidized housing projects. Why couldn't they have built that complex somewhere else?

It'll be a future slum, probably. But then again, it's amazing how complexes you'd think would turn ghetto have held their value because of the good area they are in.

There really aren't many complexes over there, but unfortunately, the one I like a whole lot has a flaw in that it's right down the street from some low income subsidized housing projects. Why couldn't they have built that complex somewhere else?

Timber Run is new, it's kinda bring's the whole area down a little mainly from family violence, car breakins and a lot of runaways, the other apartments were built in the mid 1980's.

Timber Run is new, it's kinda bring's the whole area down a little mainly from family violence, car breakins and a lot of runaways, the other apartments were built in the mid 1980's.

Yeah, that's the one. I heard there's constantly people getting kicked out and moving in. It's like an Intown Suites. They should find a way to hold the complex accountable for the effects it has on the area, or maybe someone could buy it out.

I think Apartment owners (usually REITs who don't live in the area) should have to pay their fair share for their impact on our schools, police and emergency services. Right now, they don't. I'm all for increased taxation/regulation on Apartment and Multi-family dwellings.

Houston Crime Maps

Premises Incident Count

Apartments 53850

Residences 23984

Schools 2065

Malls 1485

Rape & Murder Crimes in Houston Area

f39f8d79A1bf2A4198A84beA37454f453f22.gif

Very little in the suburbs like The Woodlands, Cypress, Katy, and Sugar Land.

Surprising number (but not alarming) number of rapes in the Kingwood area (must be that awesome HPD presence they've got out there now).

The worst areas, as expected are inside Beltway/Loop 610, East Houston, South Houston, Southwest Houston, Greenspoint, and Acres Homes areas.

I think Apartment owners (usually REITs who don't live in the area) should have to pay their fair share for their impact on our schools, police and emergency services. Right now, they don't. I'm all for increased taxation/regulation on Apartment and Multi-family dwellings.

Houston Crime Maps

As has already been addressed in other threads, REITs are your friends. Local individuals, often attorneys, their identities concealed by many business entities are not.

Also, your stats only apply to the City of Houston, but not its ETJ. If folks go to the website you provided and look at the murder and rape counts provided for free, they'll see that these stats are heavily influenced by inner-city crime, especially in southwest Houston. I don't think that this is representative of crime in suburban northwest Harris County. Can we agree on that?

Very little in the suburbs like The Woodlands, Cypress, Katy, and Sugar Land.

Surprising number (but not alarming) number of rapes in the Kingwood area (must be that awesome HPD presence they've got out there now).

That might be because Kingwood is inside of incorporated Houston. Most of the other areas are NOT covered by these stats. You only see the couple of rapes on 1960 because the commercial areas fall within special taxation zones.

Yes. This apparently shows crime within the Houston City Limits. This site is a better resource as it definitely counts suburban areas:

http://www.houstoncrimemaps.com

Although formatted differently, each is using the same dataset. Neither has better coverage than the other.

Neither has coverage of suburbs outside of the municipal boundaries of the City of Houston.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, that's the one. I heard there's constantly people getting kicked out and moving in. It's like an Intown Suites. They should find a way to hold the complex accountable for the effects it has on the area, or maybe someone could buy it out.

I just heard a customer at a convenient store said that they found a dead body around Timber Run Apartments area i was wondering why i saw a KTRK van freaking out earlier.

That's a weird story. I actually considered living at One Westfield Lake recently, but changed my mind after I got a good look at the place. It's really a shame that this side of Spring, as beautiful as it is with all the trees and hilly terrain is starting to go downhill, and this is not about the racial makeup of the area, as there are plenty of shady looking white people too.

• 1 year later...
Who approved the new apt. bldgs. at Huffsmith-Kohrville and Spring-Cypress? It's like little Santa Fe over there.

...though I guess giving directions will be easier now, "just past the pink and orange and grey and blue and (my personal favorite) teal bldgs...."

Thankfully, they kept up a nice shield of trees on one side, at least!

What's funny is that when trying to give directions to Champion Lakes Estates just two days ago, I said "Go past the pastel colored apartments, through the light, and it's on your left." So yes, it does have at least some kind of purpose... besides being super ugly.

Archived