Shadow Creek Crossing Developments

joelpond10

Pearland is booming. Wanted to start a forum on anything and everything going up in the Pearland area Shadow Creek Parkway in particular is becoming a center of attention for retail centers. If you know something, post it.

To be completed in 1st Quarter of 2007:

Shadow Creek Crossing by Option 1 Realty Group

148000 Sq Ft center at corner of Reflection Bay and Shadow Creek Parkway

Anchored by 50000 Sq Ft Family Entertainment Center (similar to Dave and Busters)

Lenny's Deli

Fitness Center

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pearland is booming. Wanted to start a forum on anything and everything going up in the Pearland area Shadow Creek Parkway in particular is becoming a center of attention for retail centers. If you know something, post it.

Anchored by 50000 Sq Ft Family Entertainment Center (similar to Dave and Busters)

Lenny's Deli

Fitness Center

Well there are a number of big and small developments that have been mentioned on in other threads on this board . Here are some of the more well known projects that I can think of off the top of my head:

HEB Plus/Hobby Lobby/La Madeleine/Academy

http://www.transwestern.net/resource/Media...p?Story_ID=1008

Pearland Town Center - Macy's, Dillards, Barnes & Noble, Marriott Courtyard as well as the following smaller boutiques/retail shops: Chico

Where do y'all get your info, I grew up in the area and have a home in Lakes of highland Glen and interested in whats being built around us. I hope it doesnt get out of control like 288 @ 518 is, it is crazy out there.

I read about the UH Clear Lake campus in the Pearland Journal. It was on the front page of last week's newspaper.

Here's the story:

http://www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm?new...32247&rfi=6

Burger place, Pizza Place, Nail place, thats about all I have been able to read as I drive by on Pearland Parkway. I'm wondering when the development at the corner of Beltway 8 and Pearland Parkway is going to do something. I think its called the Boulders and other than the preliminary sight work nothing has happened even though the signs went up over a year ago.

what about the retail center on Pearland Parkway, between 518 and the circle, any ideas whats in it, i see the sign but havnt had time to stop and look at it.

The townhomes are already listed for the Parks at Boulder Creek. The land at Pearland Parkway is not in Pearland. One side is located in Pasadena and the other side is located in Houston. Infrastructure suppose to be the problem. I emailed Jefco but did not get a response. I visited the trailor on the property , they said contruction would start in 2 weeks. That was in early December.

The Boulders at Pearland Parkway and Beltway eight are all in Houston. Pasadena doesn't start till well east of IH45. I think the dividing line for Pearland is Clear Creek. At least it is coming down 35. Also part of Pearland is in Harris County. All of the Green Tee subdivision is in Harris County since the dividing line there is Clear Creek which is at the front of the neighborhood. You might be looking at a map that has school districts because the Pasadena School District and the Houston School Distric meet right around there. Dobie High School located off Blackhawk and Beltway 8 is very near there and it is a Pasadena School.

The Boulders at Pearland Parkway and Beltway eight are all in Houston. Pasadena doesn't start till well east of IH45. I think the dividing line for Pearland is Clear Creek. At least it is coming down 35. Also part of Pearland is in Harris County. All of the Green Tee subdivision is in Harris County since the dividing line there is Clear Creek which is at the front of the neighborhood. You might be looking at a map that has school districts because the Pasadena School District and the Houston School Distric meet right around there. Dobie High School located off Blackhawk and Beltway 8 is very near there and it is a Pasadena School.

The Houston and Pasadena city boundaries definitely differ from the school district boundaries. I believe in the area of interest west of Monroe is HISD while east is Pasadena.

Burger place, Pizza Place, Nail place, thats about all I have been able to read as I drive by on Pearland Parkway. I'm wondering when the development at the corner of Beltway 8 and Pearland Parkway is going to do something. I think its called the Boulders and other than the preliminary sight work nothing has happened even though the signs went up over a year ago.

I sat in on a council meeting one Monday night and the discussion was the water line that was to be run down the parkway. Apparently, our tie in is located at Beamer and Fuqua and the city of Houston has no plans to extend it. That means Pearland Tax payers get to improve beamer road when the project ges started.

G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lenny's Deli

Fitness Center

CR 59/hwy 288/CR566. A new retail center is planned on 40 acres and will be called Southfork Crossing. Planned stores are Lowes, Office Max, Fingers and a few others. Developer is Trophy Investments( throphyinvestments.com).

G

CR 59/hwy 288/CR566. A new retail center is planned on 40 acres and will be called Southfork Crossing. Planned stores are Lowes, Office Max, Fingers and a few others. Developer is Trophy Investments( throphyinvestments.com).

G

So this will be just south of the Pearland Town Center (PTC) development with Macy's and Dillards? And other details for the stores there? If a store is at Southfork, it probably won't be in the PTC or the SCR TC.

So this will be just south of the Pearland Town Center (PTC) development with Macy's and Dillards? And other details for the stores there? If a store is at Southfork, it probably won't be in the PTC or the SCR TC.

Yes. It sounds like it's adjacent to the Pearland Town Center, not a part of that development.

Looking at the preliminary plan for the 40 acre site, there will be a Lowes, Office Max, Fingers furniture and other outparcel types. The CBL project and this project will share opposite ends of business center drive from Broadway to CR59. Hopefully, I upload the document that they shared with me ( I am sure it will change some during the planning process).

Other information you may find useful is that MUD 34 has approved them to be annexed into their system to receive financing for the infrastructure and they expect City approval in the next 60 days. This will extend the water and sewer pipe from the CBL termination point to their site...which will also feed the rest of the area along it.

BTW. I own the 10 acre parcel on their north border and will hopefully be able to share my own project with you soon.

Best regards,

George

Southfork_crossing.pdf

MUD 34? That's basically Autumn Lakes, right? So they're going to be officially Pearland then? What about MUD 26, the majority of SCR?

I actually thought the same thing. It is Southern Trails and the water line they will extend comes from Houston through the CBL site. I spoke to one of the engineers from MUD 34 and the jurisdictional issues are very complex, to say the least. My understanding from the conversation is that it is more of a financing plan more than a location.

If someone has good knowledge of MUD district politics and operations, I would appreciate some education on this.

George

Looking at the preliminary plan for the 40 acre site, there will be a Lowes, Office Max, Fingers furniture and other outparcel types. The CBL project and this project will share opposite ends of business center drive from Broadway to CR59. Hopefully, I upload the document that they shared with me ( I am sure it will change some during the planning process).

Other information you may find useful is that MUD 34 has approved them to be annexed into their system to receive financing for the infrastructure and they expect City approval in the next 60 days. This will extend the water and sewer pipe from the CBL termination point to their site...which will also feed the rest of the area along it.

BTW. I own the 10 acre parcel on their north border and will hopefully be able to share my own project with you soon.

Best regards,

George

good luck with your land! I'm anxious to hear what you plan to do with it. :)

• 1 month later...
good luck with your land! I'm anxious to hear what you plan to do with it. :)

In Pearland's City Council Meeting last night, the top dogs of Metro (harris County) and the Medical Center had a workshop concerning a proposed transit center in Pearland. The temp. location will be on the east side of 288 at the movie theater but they are considering the Southeast corner of the CBL site for a fixed location. When/if built, it will consist of a 4 story building housing retail, daycare, offices, and will have 1500 parking spaces. The speakers all stated that a CR 59 extension is required for this project to work and they would like to do it in a 18 month time frame. The main reason for this proposed development is that a huge percentage of medical center employees live in Pearland and they want to accomodate them. The bigger goal is to expand the metro system to the houston metro areas. This is good news for Pearland and great news for me, if approved.

Attendies for this project include:

John M. Sedlak - executive VP, metro

Jim ??? - VP, Metro

Joyce Camp - President, Texas Medical Center

Jay Sears- Principal, NewQuest Properties

Best Regards,

George

While I am a big advocate of some form of public transportation into Houston from Pearland and would like to see Metro spend its money on medium rail from the outlying areas into Houston I have to wonder what other hurdles will have to be cleared. We folks in Brazoria county do not pay the 1 cent Metro tax that those in Harris county do. So if Metro wants to build into Brazoria County does that mean we get hit with the tax? I live on the far East side of Pearland and will not benifit from anything along the 288 corridor and while I understand that thats no reason to not support a good project I still question why I want to be subject to the tax that will benifit only a very few residents in Pearland. Those working in the Medical Center, and granted some working downtown but all of us East of 35 will still be stuck with our current options, the Fuqua Park and Ride. I have lived in Pearland for a long time and while the West side expansion is nice I get little if any benifit from it, only headaches. I will need to research the limitations of Metro via the tax because I do not relish my sales tax going to nine and a quarter percent so the other end of town gets a new way to work. We already pay some pretty hefty property taxes and those haven't gotten me much since I've lived in Pearland either.

While I am a big advocate of some form of public transportation into Houston from Pearland and would like to see Metro spend its money on medium rail from the outlying areas into Houston I have to wonder what other hurdles will have to be cleared. We folks in Brazoria county do not pay the 1 cent Metro tax that those in Harris county do. So if Metro wants to build into Brazoria County does that mean we get hit with the tax? I live on the far East side of Pearland and will not benifit from anything along the 288 corridor and while I understand that thats no reason to not support a good project I still question why I want to be subject to the tax that will benifit only a very few residents in Pearland. Those working in the Medical Center, and granted some working downtown but all of us East of 35 will still be stuck with our current options, the Fuqua Park and Ride. I have lived in Pearland for a long time and while the West side expansion is nice I get little if any benifit from it, only headaches. I will need to research the limitations of Metro via the tax because I do not relish my sales tax going to nine and a quarter percent so the other end of town gets a new way to work. We already pay some pretty hefty property taxes and those haven't gotten me much since I've lived in Pearland either.

I am not sure about what it will eventually cost us but I know that rail is a part of the eventual plan as is hwy 35. But speaking of taxes...there is a bond election coming up that will raise our taxes approx $0.36 ( I believe that is what I read). Looking at what the bonds are paying for does not seem all that unreasonable; but, my feeling is that we are getting stuck paying for a TIRZ that we are loosing money on. Maybe the spectrum/prominade area?

G

Best regards,

George

Update. Fingers has signed on with the transwestern project (HEB) at 288/518

G

George-

Glad you mentioned the Spectrum and us getting stuck paying for this TIRZ. Do you have any inside info on this development? While there is a great deal of progress on the Pearland Town Center (which doesn't really have city backing) the Spectrum seems to be at at standstill (with a great deal of city support). The only store that they've announced is the Bass Pro Shop.

Also, do you have any idea what type of offices will be housed in this building that will be built in conjunction with the park and ride? Are they Metro and Med Center offices?

Finally, I also heard that TXDOT wants rail down Hwy 35. I had not heard the same about 288.

George-

Glad you mentioned the Spectrum and us getting stuck paying for this TIRZ. Do you have any inside info on this development? While there is a great deal of progress on the Pearland Town Center (which doesn't really have city backing) the Spectrum seems to be at at standstill (with a great deal of city support). The only store that they've announced is the Bass Pro Shop.

Also, do you have any idea what type of offices will be housed in this building that will be built in conjunction with the park and ride? Are they Metro and Med Center offices?

Finally, I also heard that TXDOT wants rail down Hwy 35. I had not heard the same about 288.

Unfortunately, I am not privy to inside information. I try to sit in on all the Council workshops and zoning meetings and get my information that way. With that said...the Metro project workshop was the first of many and they were talking about shops like Starbucks, dry cleaners, daycares, and other retail and office use. They advocated the project as a compliment to other developments in the area and as a way to bring people from neighboring communities to this part of town. The main thesis was to provide a service to Medical Center employees in which a majority of them live in Pearland.

One item I do know about the Spectrum/ promenade center is that access is becoming a real issue. TXdot has removed the access ramp and it is difficult, at best, to get to it. I believe the Chronicle had an article on this in which they stated that the developers were going to have to foot the bill for the exit ramps and that the city was going to share half the cost. I also heard thru a breakfast meeting one morning that the Nano-technology sector has not been signing on as hoped and maybe not materializing. The collective result is that the growth is moving southward (good news for me) and CBL currently has the best show to watch.

In my opinion, Pearland has had some great invisionaries designing and developing this master plan we know have. Unfortunately, I see that this "Creature" of growth has gotten slightly unmanageable, in terms of infrastructure, and we are experiencing some growing pains. The costs need to be passed on to us somehow, I am just hoping that we also get a rebate when the returns begin to materialize.

G

Unfortunately, I am not privy to inside information. I try to sit in on all the Council workshops and zoning meetings and get my information that way. With that said...the Metro project workshop was the first of many and they were talking about shops like Starbucks, dry cleaners, daycares, and other retail and office use. They advocated the project as a compliment to other developments in the area and as a way to bring people from neighboring communities to this part of town. The main thesis was to provide a service to Medical Center employees in which a majority of them live in Pearland.

One item I do know about the Spectrum/ promenade center is that access is becoming a real issue. TXdot has removed the access ramp and it is difficult, at best, to get to it. I believe the Chronicle had an article on this in which they stated that the developers were going to have to foot the bill for the exit ramps and that the city was going to share half the cost. I also heard thru a breakfast meeting one morning that the Nano-technology sector has not been signing on as hoped and maybe not materializing. The collective result is that the growth is moving southward (good news for me) and CBL currently has the best show to watch.

In my opinion, Pearland has had some great invisionaries designing and developing this master plan we know have. Unfortunately, I see that this "Creature" of growth has gotten slightly unmanageable, in terms of infrastructure, and we are experiencing some growing pains. The costs need to be passed on to us somehow, I am just hoping that we also get a rebate when the returns begin to materialize.

G

I as well have observed the slower than predicted development of the Spectrum area. Nonetheless, projects like this and many others tend to be delayed. I wouldn't sweat it though. I know we are a me first/me now generation. There is also a large development planned for the NW corner of 288/FM 2234 (Currently a truck/tire repair business) with Kroger being the anchor. Let's keep a long-term perspective (i.e. update year by year). As a developer there are always activities that are ongoing behind the scenes (archit., financing, zone/plan, negotiating, leasing, etc.) and hard construction is the result of years of planning. When a project is announced, it is usually still in its conceptual stage and it will change many times before it's ready for occupancy. It's all in an effort to generate "BUZZ"!!

I as well have observed the slower than predicted development of the Spectrum area. Nonetheless, projects like this and many others tend to be delayed. I wouldn't sweat it though. I know we are a me first/me now generation. There is also a large development planned for the NW corner of 288/FM 2234 (Currently a truck/tire repair business) with Kroger being the anchor. Let's keep a long-term perspective (i.e. update year by year). As a developer there are always activities that are ongoing behind the scenes (archit., financing, zone/plan, negotiating, leasing, etc.) and hard construction is the result of years of planning. When a project is announced, it is usually still in its conceptual stage and it will change many times before it's ready for occupancy. It's all in an effort to generate "BUZZ"!!

I understand that. I can remember when SCR was just an artists rendering. I wish I had a copy of that to compare to what it actually became.

G

Archived