The RO: Mixed-Use Development At West Alabama And Buffalo Speedway

bachanon

On 11/20/2020 at 10:39 AM, Geoff8201 said:

So there is some activity, but I believe it has to do with groundwater cleanup....

They are digging towards the south end of the property. A notice went out to residents nearby indicating a Microsoft Teams meeting in the near future concerning groundwater contamination.

Correction, the groundwater cleanup online meeting I was referring to is for 3509 Texas Street.

The digging goes and is progressing slowly. I’ll post a photo from atop the Lamar Tower when it looks more progressed. Feel like I’ve posted enough pics of an empty lot for now. Highrises’s photos nailed it.

Edited by Geoff8201
  • Like 2

Heard through the grapevine not to expect anything happening here all through 2021. A big scale back may happen cutting the building heights in half, or potentially combining their functions and cutting the number of buildings down. But in the age of Covid, for a giant site that was going to house restaurants, a hotel and an office building, is anyone surprised.

I personally hope the wait and see method pays off, and post covid the demand for everything comes roaring back.

Edited by Geoff8201
Grammar edits
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to The RO: Mixed-Use Development At West Alabama And Buffalo Speedway
  • 2 months later...
On 12/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, Geoff8201 said:

Heard through the grapevine not to expect anything happening here all through 2021. A big scale back may happen cutting the building heights in half, or potentially combining their functions and cutting the number of buildings down. But in the age of Covid, for a giant site that was going to house restaurants, a hotel and an office building, is anyone surprised.

I personally hope the wait and see method pays off, and post covid the demand for everything comes roaring back.

Site is dead. I don't see any heavy equipment, no activity, nothing has changed in months. I look down on this, and use my binocs to search for signs of life. There's more activity on Mars than The RO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Even if this has fallen through, this tract of land will become something incredible regardless. Houston is developing and changing for the better. We may just have to wait another year. 

I wasn't saying it's fallen thru, I have no insight into its development. Just that it's dead, no activity at all.

100% agree on the land. It is *prime* inner-city real estate. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...