Guessing Game #25

TheNiche

Was actually easy for me, I stared at that damn thing everyday for a while. Drilled a lot of Austin Chalk wells right near the thing, The smiley face use to be blue I am pretty sure, the tower is actually 7 miles from the city limits, right at the fork of FM-2104 and FM-153 right in the intersection on the right!

Nope.

Somewhere around Navasota? Or La Grange? Is that a courthouse cupola I see peeking from behind those trees in the distance?

Your photos remind me of a very funny sight I wish I'd taken a picture of on the Interstate going north out of Chattanooga Tennessee. I've been through there a couple of times and it was still there on my last trip in the late 80s. On a high hill outside Chattanooga, there are -- or were -- two large hat-box style water tanks -- the same kind and size our refineries down here store oil in. I'm assuming they're water tanks because they're labeled -- in very large letters readable from a mile away -- HOT and COLD. I laughed so hard I almost drove off the road.

That's a good shot

I checked the alignment of highway vantage point, bend in the river and the courthouse dome on GoogleEarth just to see for myself. I didn't think the courthouse in Columbus is that close to the freeway.

It's interesting because, you recall, that one of my guesses was the Wharton County courthouse in Wharton. GoogleEarth showed an identical alignment of highway vantage point, bend of a river and courthouse dome.

I checked the alignment of highway vantage point, bend in the river and the courthouse dome on GoogleEarth just to see for myself. I didn't think the courthouse in Columbus is that close to the freeway.

It's interesting because, you recall, that one of my guesses was the Wharton County courthouse in Wharton. GoogleEarth showed an identical alignment of highway vantage point, bend of a river and courthouse dome.

Strange but true.

Archived