Where and what do you spend most of your money on?

webdude

me,

just home improvement stuff (just move here, so have to, not because its a hobby)

home depot and lowes have been like my second and third home this past six months.

a lot on food (restaurant or grocery)

I have no hobbies, and don't go to concerts or sporting events.

I am really just a couch potato, so I guess watching TV is my hobby; I do spend some money renting a lot of dvds, but that is like the cheapest hobby ever.

I also spend a lot on non-fiction books and business magazines.

Just want to know where you folks spend your money.

me,

just home improvement stuff (just move here, so have to, not because its a hobby)

home depot and lowes have been like my second and third home this past six months.

a lot on food (restaurant or grocery)

I have no hobbies, and don't go to concerts or sporting events.

I am really just a couch potato, so I guess watching TV is my hobby; I do spend some money renting a lot of dvds, but that is like the cheapest hobby ever.

I also spend a lot on non-fiction books and business magazines.

Just want to know where you folks spend your money.

1) Food, 2) Scottrade, and 3) Home Depot/Lowe's. The latter is about to move into the #2 spot, though.

I haven't had smokes or beer for 1 1/2 years. Gotten into an unhealthy state where I decided to cut it all out. Didn't even cut it down slowly, I just cut them out all at once. Thought I would save some money but they just got replaced with junk food.

This year I spent way too much on personal travel. I realized the other day that I had spent over $35,000 on airfare alone this year! Granted most of that was reimbursed for work travel, but a good chunk of it was personal. I had two big international trips in 2006, plus about 10 shorter trips within the US.

I've also spent a lot in the last year on paying off debt. It won't be long before the only debt I have is my car payment.

In 2007 I'm shifting my budget around to put more money into savings. I'm planning on buying a condo or townhouse in late 2007/early 2008, so this coming year I'm going to cut back on the non-work travel and set aside as much as possible for a down payment on a place of my own.

I spend quite a bit on traveling with my wife. Lately, I've also begun spending lots on flying lessons and plane rentals -- upwards of $300 per week. That's a pretty expensive hobby. The rest goes to house and car payments and a little socked away for the retirement I'll never be old enough to reach.

Archived