another home inspector question

GREASER

well I realize its male dominated, but would you have a problem with it, or would you prefer it? For those that didnt realize from previous posts, I have a friend who is new to the country and is getting her license here. So just testing the waters for her....AND be honest

JMO, and I know it won't be a popular one, but I would trust a woman more to inspect a house I might be purchasing because she might be a little more thorough with the guidelines. BUT, as far as if I were the builder and trying to sell something.........ABSOLUTELY NOT ! For the same exact reason.

JMO, and I know it won't be a popular one, but I would trust a woman more to inspect a house I might be purchasing because she might be a little more thorough with the guidelines.

Exactly plus it's been my experience women seem to have a higher degree of honesty over-all. Besides, if Texas can elect women as Govenor and Senator, I think we can handle a female inspector or two. <_<

well I realize its male dominated, but would you have a problem with it, or would you prefer it? For those that didnt realize from previous posts, I have a friend who is new to the country and is getting her license here. So just testing the waters for her....AND be honest

The market for single female homebuyers is rapidly growing, and I think that a fair number of them are intimidated by the male-dominated professions that must be dealt with in the process. If your friend caters to that market, I think that she might be able to do very well for herself.

Of course, if she's cute, she'll do well for herself whether she caters to one gender or the another.

The market for single female homebuyers is rapidly growing, and I think that a fair number of them are intimidated by the male-dominated professions that must be dealt with in the process. If your friend caters to that market, I think that she might be able to do very well for herself.

Of course, if she's cute, she'll do well for herself whether she caters to one gender or the another.

I agree with the single woman housebuyers these days, but mainly it is the younger female buyers that might want a woman inspector as well. Whereas older women, say in their 50's, who may be buying a house, would prefer a man, because "that's just the way they were brought up." I see it all the time when I have older ladies that call on the phone, and say that they just got off the phone with one of our female salespeople, and would just prefer to deal with a male. I think the mentality is that "they" don't have any clue about cars so why should a female salesperson ? These women have always had their husbands do the major purchase buying, and that stigma stays with them.

Oh she will do great then...thanks for the remarks everyone

I agree with the single woman housebuyers these days, but mainly it is the younger female buyers that might want a woman inspector as well. Whereas older women, say in their 50's, who may be buying a house, would prefer a man, because "that's just the way they were brought up." I see it all the time when I have older ladies that call on the phone, and say that they just got off the phone with one of our female salespeople, and would just prefer to deal with a male. I think the mentality is that "they" don't have any clue about cars so why should a female salesperson ? These women have always had their husbands do the major purchase buying, and that stigma stays with them.

Do you think that makes them more vulnerable in general? The reason I ask is because I've seen all kinds of salesmen try to take advantage of older women [my mom for one] in a way they wouldn't dare to with an older man-unles I was standing silently behind her with a steely glare.

• 5 weeks later...

Sure, why not?

But she has to sound like she knows what she's doing. I know a lot of girls who have to tendency to say "like" a lot. I just couldn't take a inspector seriously if she said "well, it's, like, not built to spec". :rolleyes:

Most people I know don't have much faith in inspectors of any gender. She should put up a web site with photos of serious problems she has found in homes. Let people know what she does, how she does it and why she is better than the other guy. I wouldn't even make the female thing an issue. Women normally have to work twice as hard as men to prove they are good enough so a female inspector could be a very good thing.

Archived