Strange Looking HAIF

editor

Why do some posts have replies yet no views? Is that because everyone who viewed has replied?

And why do some posts not have those yellow arrows that allow you to see the last unread message?

Message read counts (and I assume other counts) are updated every six hours. I suspect it's all related to that.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just notice that at the bottom of a thread were you see members reading topic, you can tell when someboby posting, the Font changes. B)

That's kind of cool. I didn't know that.

I'm not sure I'm going to keep that feature enabled long-term anyway, though. While it doesn't slow down HAIF yet because we have a very robust server, it has the potential to drag things down a little in the future without adding much benefit.

That's kind of cool. I didn't know that.

I'm not sure I'm going to keep that feature enabled long-term anyway, though. While it doesn't slow down HAIF yet because we have a very robust server, it has the potential to drag things down a little in the future without adding much benefit.

I think its something nobody notices anyway.

I think its something nobody notices anyway.

Well, I notice, it is a nice bonus to see if someone is about to post so you can waiting before you respond if you are having a constant flow of conversation.

I know this is not an IM system, but it is like a hybrid version. It is like the yahoo IM feature when you can see the person typing back to you.

I tried searching my first thread i started." C.B. Radio What Was Your Handle " just the way i posted it, but i get a search error. Its still there in the off topics forum. Is this one of the bugs?

I tried searching my first thread i started." C.B. Radio What Was Your Handle " just the way i posted it, but i get a search error. Its still there in the off topics forum. Is this one of the bugs?

your search words have to be more than three letters, or you'll get this error:

One or all of your search keywords were below 3 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

I tried searching for "radio" and went back over a year. No sign of it.

Maybe its the way i capitalised every letter in the thread when i started it. around" August 31" 2006 I am not a computer expert this was the first web site i ever saw and i found it at Aldine Library next to Mac Aurthur high school in March 2005. yes i was a lurker for a long time :blush: long live Haif

I just looked at the posting information (daily top posters/overall top posters) for the first time in a while. I like the way it is 20 as opposed to 10 now and the format for the overall posters is pretty cool too. I didn't know pineda was a female...guess I do now.

Now since i posted in the CB thread you can type in radio and find it every time now, weird :huh:

It took about 15 hours for the web site to re-index all of the messages to build a new search cache. You may have been searching while it was working.

Well, I notice, it is a nice bonus to see if someone is about to post so you can waiting before you respond if you are having a constant flow of conversation.

I know this is not an IM system, but it is like a hybrid version. It is like the yahoo IM feature when you can see the person typing back to you.

That feature is gone now. I notice the site is faster, the other day when i was eating lunch thier were about 850 users online and it was sluggest. thiers about that many as i post now.

Yeah, we've been getting a lot more users lately, so I disabled that little feature because it eats up more resources than it's worth.

I noticed the server slowing down over the last couple of days so I had the tech support people allocate more RAM to the database application. It seems to have helped. There are 1,200 people on now and the server isn't even breaking a sweat.

Yeah, we've been getting a lot more users lately, so I disabled that little feature because it eats up more resources than it's worth.

I noticed the server slowing down over the last couple of days so I had the tech support people allocate more RAM to the database application. It seems to have helped. There are 1,200 people on now and the server isn't even breaking a sweat.

Is it just the people reading/writing in the post, or did you disable other stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

Is this referencing the area at the bottom left of the screen where it would tell you who is looking at the thread and also who is replying?

I was about to ask whatever happened to that, but I saw this post.

Is this referencing the area at the bottom left of the screen where it would tell you who is looking at the thread and also who is replying?

I was about to ask whatever happened to that, but I saw this post.

Yup Editor removed that feature to save some bandwidth to have the website run smoother.

We still have some cool features and the profile picture is not as buggy as it was, check out my smile! :D

Yup Editor removed that feature to save some bandwidth to have the website run smoother.

We still have some cool features and the profile picture is not as buggy as it was, check out my smile! :D

Hmmm, I'm kind of surprised that feature would slow things down so much. But I don't know anything about that kind of stuff anyway. Thanks for lettin me know.

another thing i noticed missing was the percentage of and in which forum members posted most frequently

Where was that located? Cuz on the main forum page, there is a place for the top overall and for the day posters. But I don't think that's what you're talking about since that still exhists.

Are we getting a might competitive? :)

nooo! heh

it showed from of all your posts which forum you posted in the most (i think mine was like 15% historic houston)

Actually, I figured out what feature you're talking about. It is gone, huh?

yup - kind of interesting to see who posted where

nooo! heh

it showed from of all your posts which forum you posted in the most (i think mine was like 15% historic houston)

yup - kind of interesting to see who posted where

Oh!

I remember now, You're right, it was a bit on the interesting side to see where your loyalty lies as far as your posts.

Mine had a tendency to be heavy in the transportation section. :D

Archived