I never knew there was a wrestling school Downtown

DJ V Lawrence

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...es/4384288.html

As I'm reading Chronicle online, I see this new article on King Booker, one of quite a few successful wrestlers to come from Houston. I knew who he was, but never knew there was a wrestling school owned by him Downtown (Booker T's Wrestling Academy).

Apparantly, he's developing new local blood to become big-name stars in the wrestling world, giving H-Town more celeb cred as well. It was news to me when I first heard it. Thought it was interesting :)

I knew about this place for years, i also used too frequent George Foreman Gym on the northside just south of Little York road. B)

Born and Raised on Wrestling OOOOOOHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEEEAAAA snap into a Slim Jim

As always,I wish all the Texas wrestlers on WWE would form their own alliance.Led by ,of course ,"Undertaker".

I remember my days at the Sportatorium,in Dallas.The One Man Gang,The Missing Link,and the Von Erich's,were my favorites.

Von Erichs were great, My favorites were The Rock and Roll Express, Hacksaw Duggan, Jake the Snake Roberts, Ultimate Warrior, Hawk and Animal, The Hulkster, and all the respect in the world for Bret Hart knockin' Vince McMahon out cold, in real life.

Whatever happened to the Missing Link, MaSao Ito, Kamala, Terry Taylor, The BushWhackers and Magnum T.A.? Wrestling downtown at the J R Brown ;););)

I've actually seen Kamala on tv a few times to this day :lol:

I've also heard that the Bushwhackers own a restaurant in Florida, but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Archived