Park Towers: Twin Office Buildings At 1233, 1333 West Loop S.

2fatcats

I am trying to find out who the original architects of the Park Towers office buildings were. They are located at 1233 and 1333 West Loop South. Orignially they were a brick type facade with arched windows but some time ago the buildings were gutted and totally remodeled into the glass towers you see today. I would like to find the original architect's identity as I have heard stories it was designed by a friend's father who passed away just as the buildings were being completed and so far I have reached a dead end on the research. Inquiries I made to Kirksey Co. who did the remodel went unanswered. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the 1971 AIA guide to Houston architecture? I don't remember if the Park Towers are listed in there, but that is the first place I would check to find the architects.

doesn't appear to be in there - or any others

• Like 1

the leasing agent for the park towers is steve bryant of moody rambin interests. i've emailed him to see if he has additional information on the property. i will post his response when/if received. good luck with your research.

Thanks to all of you who kindly replied. I will keep searching and eventually something will turn up.

• 6 months later...

Actually, I work inside the renovated towers and remember the old towers that sat vacant for years. I do recall seeing a National Geographic with a spread on the Westinghouse facility that was located on 610 and post oak in 1969 or so. I may be wrong, but I recall these two buildings being the center point of the complex. I do know there was an asbestos problem with the original buildings and that is why they sat vacant for years and needed to be gutted to the concrete slabs. Nothing original exists in the buildings today, except for the concrete.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Park Towers
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Cadence Bank Leaving Williams Tower to Move to West Loop

https://realtynewsreport.com/cadence-bank-leaving-williams-tower-to-move-to-west-loop/

HOUSTON – (Realty News Report) – Cadence Bank is leaving Williams Tower and has signed a long-term, 82,215-SF lease at the Park Towers office building on the West Loop, according to Transwestern.

Park Towers has two 18-story office towers that each contain 273,000 rentable SF.  The total rentable square feet for both towers is about 545,000 SF. A massive $16 million redo of the buildings, planned by Ziegler Cooper Architects,  was completed a few years

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Park Towers: Twin Office Buildings In Uptown
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Park Towers: Twin Office Buildings At 1233, 1333 West Loop S.