Pearland Town Center At 11200 Broadway St.

kzseattle

• 1 year later...

Hope it all lasts though...On Highway 6 in Mo. City, Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings bit the dust

There;s a Carl's Jr. and a 5 Guys right next to each other....alot of competition

Hasn't something already closed in the Town Center already?

Hasn't something already closed in the Town Center already?

Yes, the Arby's closed down. Also, I think one or two of the wine-bars imbedded in the Towncenter itself have closed down. I agree the competition is fierce. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more casualties.

Yes, the Arby's closed down. Also, I think one or two of the wine-bars imbedded in the Towncenter itself have closed down. I agree the competition is fierce. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more casualties.

Me too. As to why to leave the Pearland area, it's because there's still not a Steak 'n' Shake. The only ones are at Eldridge and 290 and way out the Katy Freeway.

Some of the stores have closed. Brooks Brothers was a fairly high-profile casualty.

• 2 months later...

Steak and Shake is trying to come Pearland, according to a manager in Katy; they are waiting on a deal to go through on the property next to Red Lobster.

I heard that this deal went through - but I cant confirm.

As for the competition, it is kind of crazy: Mooyah, Red Robin and Five Guys; Buger King, Carl Jr's, and McDonalds, two Hibachis across the street from each other, Freebirds and Chipotle.

Also, I wish someone would just purchase that Arbys and renovate it. It seems like its was only open for a quick minute and then was shut down. Now its just taking up space.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Arby's is & has been closed for quite some time. Seems the entire chain is in a downward spiral & with out much of a fan following. OTB closed & the restaurant is now home to Lupe Tortilla. OTB has made 3 or 4 attempts to enter Houston market & have failed miserably every time. Chain tex-mex has to bring their "A" game when entering Houston or they will fall be the wayside!

• 7 years later...

HCA Healthcare Center for Clinical Advancement to train nurses in Pearland

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/02/19/major-houston-health-care-system-building-pearland.html

HCA Houston Healthcare is building a facility in Pearland to provide ongoing clinical education and training for the health system's nearly 7,000 nurses.

The HCA Healthcare Center for Clinical Advancement will span 48,400 square feet at Pearland Town Center, 11200 Broadway St., just west of state Highway 288, according to a press release. It will feature high-fidelity hospital simulation labs, connected classrooms and de-briefing rooms. The center is expected to open by early 2021.

"Bringing the latest teaching technologies under one roof in a new, advanced facility is a major step in preparing our nurses to provide the highest level of care," Kelli Nations, chief nurse executive at HCA Houston Healthcare, said in the release.

Depending on the service line and certification requirements, nurses might spend up to 22 weeks training at the center. The center will also serve as a hub for all HCA Houston Healthcare new-hire orientations and the division’s Leadership and Organizational Development training. The second floor of the facility will accommodate new-hire orientation for up to 250 employees, while clinical education will take place on the first floor.

The goal of the facility is to standardize training across HCA Houston Healthcare's 13 Houston-area hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, freestanding emergency centers and freestanding diagnostic imaging facilities, per the release.

“The HCA Healthcare Center for Clinical Advancement is a significant part of our strategic nursing plan to support and grow our nurses as the differentiator at our hospitals and other facilities,” Nations said. “It certainly helps us raise the bar for nursing care in Houston.”

The project is already underway, but HCA Houston Healthcare officials will hold an official groundbreaking ceremony on Feb. 26. Chattanooga, Tennessee-based EMJ Construction is the general contractor, and the architecture firms on the project are Nashville, Tennessee-based Collaborative Studio and Omniplan, based in Dallas and Phoenix. Chattanooga-based real estate investment trust CBL Properties (NYSE: CBL) operates Pearland Town Center.

tNGaz0h.jpg

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Pearland Town Center
  • 1 month later...

It's good to see this living up to its original mixed use potential. I remember originally the Pearland Town Center was supposed to be the center of a bigger development but I guess that never worked out. How is the mall element doing these days?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Pearland Town Center Developments
  • 1 year later...

https://communityimpact.com/houston/pearland-friendswood/business/2023/08/10/pearland-town-center-program-creates-low-risk-opportunities-for-local-businesses-to-set-up-shop/

"Pearland Town Center’s specialty leasing program allows small business owners to test the market, experiment with physical space and boost brand exposure through turn-key spaces in high-traffic areas of the mall.

Through the program, the Center utilizes spaces that don’t currently have a long-term lease and rent them to business owners at a lower rate with a shorter lease, Senior Marketing Director Nicole Bowen said.

While leases typically range from three to five years, specialty leases only range from a couple of months to two years. Pearland Town Center was unable to provide the exact rates business owners in the specialty program have been offered."

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Starting this because I couldn't find it anywhere else. Pearland Town Center on Broadway, just west of 288, has a lot of potential, a catchy (and misleading) name, however it is nothing more than a pretty basic shopping center surrounded by surface parking lots. My understanding was that this development was supposed to be akin to Sugar Land Town Square or something similar, with a mixed used development, civic gathering places, shopping, apartments, etc. As is, it is nothing more than an outdoor mall that is rarely busy, some apartments, a patch of green Astroturf, a motel, and an absolute SEA of surface parking lots. Part of the plan was zoned for development of a true community amenity (a theater, a park, etc.) but currently stands as empty field and a retention pond. Back in 2021 the developers asked the Pearland Zoning Commission to allow them to develop some of their property into 142 townhomes; however, the plan was shot down. However, just this week, the developers won their battle to rezone ~37 acres due south of the development (see yellow area on map below) originally earmarked for the community amenity into a 400 unit apartment building. 

https://communityimpact.com/houston/pearland-friendswood/government/2024/03/26/a-portion-of-pearland-town-center-rezoned-for-apartments/

PearlandTownCenter.png.de935df06aa4481a95aa522ab042572c.pngPearlandTCApartments.png.7ec23565dbe971c5cf835bbe31fb6053.pngPearlandTCApartmentsMockUp.png.d89a68d017a07d01f42271bd55e1c49c.png

The apartments seem fine, and perhaps needed, but to add that much parking when Pearland Town Center is already lousy in parking seems like bad design all the way through and through. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Pearland Town Center At 11200 Broadway St.