Sign in to follow this  
The Great Hizzy!

Pearland Town Center

While Courtyard's are nice business hotels, they are not full service like the real Marriott. I wish the project was home to a Marriott and not a Marriott chain, like the Sugar Land Town Center.

Good, but could have been better.

I second that. BJ's rules. Love the Willowbrook location. Damned good Chicago-style pizza, terrific beer. Great place to watch a game.

I think BJ's beer is poor to average, but I do like their pizza, and most of their other food has been ok.

Pearland Town Center is the one over at Pearland Pkwy and 8, right? Wasn't it going to have Virgin Mega Store and even some mid rise condos like Sugar Land Town Square?

Pearland Town Center is the one over at Pearland Pkwy and 8, right? Wasn't it going to have Virgin Mega Store and even some mid rise condos like Sugar Land Town Square?

No, this one is on the SW corner of 288 and 518 in West Pearland. It will have the condos and hotel, but unfortunately no Virgin Mega Store. Barnes and Noble will do for now.

The Pearland Pkwy and 8 project is now under construction, I drove by last weekend, but what they have up, looks like your regular strip mall type buildings. Don't know if they still call it "Parks at Boulder Creek".

I don't know if this excites anyone, but Pearland TC has added a few more store.

<h1 class="headline">Pearland Town Center adds more retailers to growing roster</h1>

Houston Business Journal - 3:15 PM CDT Thursday, August 30, 2007by Houston Business Journal

One year prior to its opening, Pearland Town Center has signed on seven new retailers.

Hot Topic, Torrid, The Walking Co., Hallmark, General Nutrition Center, Stride Rite, Paciugo Italian Gelato & Cafe and Jugo Juice have all joined the roster of retailers at the 1.2 million-square-foot center, located at FM 518 and Highway 288.

The new stores will join anchors Dillard's, Macy's and Barnes & Noble in the center, which is scheduled to open in summer 2008.

Pearland Town Center will combine a 710,000-square-foot lifestyle center, a 110-room Courtyard by Marriott Hotel and residential and office space above retail.

The project, which is being developed by Chattanooga, Tenn.-based CBL & Associates Inc. (NYSE: CBL) also includes a 25-acre lake and miles of walking paths and parks.

living at a mall sure wouldn't be my thing.

It's not a mall, it's a "lifestyle center." :)

The entire complex is really starting to take shape. While progress has been quick lately, July 2008 is a bit optimistic, in my opinion.

Take one perfectly good mall, subtract a roof and the air conditioning, then add parking spaces on what were formerly pedestrian corridors and plazas, and whaddaya got? :rolleyes:

Edited by TheNiche

i guess my "lifestyle" is different cause i don't go to any of those stores on a regular basis. i have been to the disney store and BJ's however i wouldn't go to BJ's again. very weak.

Nice job finding the site plan, Timnwendy! Definietly looks like that July 08' date might get pushed back.

It'll be interesting to have a mall 1 minute from the house... :wacko:

i guess my "lifestyle" is different cause i don't go to any of those stores on a regular basis. i have been to the disney store and BJ's however i wouldn't go to BJ's again. very weak.

I like BJs in Clear Lake for their beer and pizza. That's worth it, IMO. Most of the stores at the PTC look more high-schooly than I would like but whatever. I'm just happy there will be a Macy's and a B&N. Truthfully, I don't go to ANY store on a regular basis or an infrequent basis for that matter. There is this new-fangled thing called the "Internet" that ships stuff to my door.

You need to try the pazooki. It's yumm

Looks like PTC is having a Job Fair on June 11. From the Pearland Journal

Pearland Town Center, the 1.2 million-square-foot retail, restaurant and entertainment destination, will host a Job Fair on Wednesday, June 11 from 11 a.m.

Looks like CBL updated their website with a new page, new site plan, etc. That building on the east side of the PTC is a Red Lobster.

See the link and enjoy:

http://www.cbldevelopment.com/pearland/

One more thing, check out the leasing plan (.pdf) for a detailed listing of stores some have not been mentioned, like Disney, Sephora, and other restaurants.

Looks like CBL updated their website with a new page, new site plan, etc. That building on the east side of the PTC is a Red Lobster.

It seems weird that the site plan would show the Red Lobster, yet its name wouldn't appear on the list of restaurants. I'm happy it's coming, though!

Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that a Berryhill I see on the site plan? That has long been on my wishlist. Let the parties begin!

Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that a Berryhill I see on the site plan? That has long been on my wishlist. Let the parties begin!

I actually don't see Berryhill listed on the maps...

Overall, I'm still slightly disappointed by the list of stores. I'm over the age of 21 so I was hoping for some more adult stores than Chico's or Hollister. Specifically, it would be nice if there was a Jcrew or Banana Republic. But thank goodness for a book store!

It seems weird that the site plan would show the Red Lobster, yet its name wouldn't appear on the list of restaurants. I'm happy it's coming, though!

I think those pads in front of 518 are not really part of the Pearland Town Center mall, and that is why you don't see Burger King, Jarred, Red Lobster or even Gringo's listed as tenants.

In their website, they call it Peripherial Property

I actually don't see Berryhill listed on the maps...

Is in the following Map BW PTC Map

The Burger King in front of the towncenter opened this week. I just had lunch there. It has a sign that says it is open 24 hours. Not sure if that is just temporary or not. The interior is interesting; it has nice decor that matches the 'theme' of the Pearland Towncenter.

The Burger King in front of the towncenter opened this week. I just had lunch there. It has a sign that says it is open 24 hours. Not sure if that is just temporary or not. The interior is interesting; it has nice decor that matches the 'theme' of the Pearland Towncenter.

It's just the drive-thru that's open 24 hours. The doors close @ 10.

I drove thru last week

Update from CBL Properties......more of the same but a couple of new named restaurants: Pei Wei, Pot Belly Sandwiches.

http://www.cblproperties.com/cbl.nsf/Recen...ni?opendocument

CBL ANNOUNCES OUTPARCEL RESTAURANTS AND RETAILERS JOINING PEARLAND TOWN CENTER IN HOUSTON (PEARLAND), TX

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (July 9, 2008) - CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. (NYSE: CBL) today announced new retailers and restaurants taking outparcel locations at Pearland Town Center, the 1.2 million square foot premier mixed-use development in Houston (Pearland), TX. Those joining the project include Gringo

Update from CBL Properties......more of the same but a couple of new named restaurants: Pei Wei, Pot Belly Sandwiches.

http://www.cblproperties.com/cbl.nsf/Recen...ni?opendocument

CBL ANNOUNCES OUTPARCEL RESTAURANTS AND RETAILERS JOINING PEARLAND TOWN CENTER IN HOUSTON (PEARLAND), TX

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (July 9, 2008) - CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. (NYSE: CBL) today announced new retailers and restaurants taking outparcel locations at Pearland Town Center, the 1.2 million square foot premier mixed-use development in Houston (Pearland), TX. Those joining the project include Gringo's Mexican Kitchen, Goodyear Auto Service, Burger King, Jared the Galleria of Jewelry, Red Lobster, Pot Belly Sandwich Works, Pei Wei Asian Diner and Arby's.

I welcome Gringo's. The one in Meadow's Place (59/W Airport) is good. But Goodyear? with all the retail and dining? I understand CBL need to fill space but they better put Goodyear in the back back facing Kirby Dr.

But Goodyear? with all the retail and dining? I understand CBL need to fill space but they better put Goodyear in the back back facing Kirby Dr.

I believe it is. Right behind Dillard's.

I believe it is. Right behind Dillard's.

On a second thought, it may not be a bad idea. The next time you pick up a nail from new home construction site, just drive there. You can window shop while they fix your tire.

disappointing. guess I'll have to wait for Water Lights to get some better dining choices.

You can always order Dominos. I feel that, if every other dining option is sucking, Dominos is always there.

You can always order Dominos. I feel that, if every other dining option is sucking, Dominos is always there.

In 30 minutes or it's free.

disappointing. guess I'll have to wait for Water Lights to get some better dining choices.

You know I felt the same way until I thought about it more. My wife and I (no kids) enjoy "nice" restaurants and we frequently go inside the loop or First Colony for that. What happens when we have kids and we need an environment that caters to that. Vic & Anthony's, Oceanaire, Americas, or Pesce is not that type of establishment. Being that Pearland is a town full of married w/ kids type of households, these places will serve that population and thrive. Ever noticed how packed those "whack" chain restaurants are on the other side of 288? The town center is catering to the full family, not just the adults.

Also, for the grown-and-sexy crowd there will be a wine bar type of business in the town center.

When did Macy's and Dillard's become high-end?

Probably at the same time the Courtyard by Marriott became "A Marriott on the Courtyard".

There would have to be a courtyard for the latter to be true. There isn't even one in the plan.

I really don't like that plan. I thought it was going to be more like La Cantera in San Antonio. Instead, looks like a strip center. They have parking in front of the stores, so cars will just drive up to the stores, instead of taking a walk.

I really don't like that plan. I thought it was going to be more like La Cantera in San Antonio. Instead, looks like a strip center. They have parking in front of the stores, so cars will just drive up to the stores, instead of taking a walk.

My first impression upon looking at the plan was to totally agree with you. The parking in front of the stores will not only give the 'strip-mall feel', but it will be congestion nightmares. Especially if they don't put any traffic lights in the center, where the streets cross (I'm thinking they may use signs instead of lights for the aesthetics).

However, I'm going to reserve my judgement until I see it completed.

My first impression upon looking at the plan was to totally agree with you. The parking in front of the stores will not only give the 'strip-mall feel', but it will be congestion nightmares. Especially if they don't put any traffic lights in the center, where the streets cross (I'm thinking they may use signs instead of lights for the aesthetics).

I agree with the strip-mall assessment, unfortunately. I really thought this was going to be more pedestrian friendly, but now we're seeing that it's just a huge parking lot which happens to have a few stores plopped down in the middle of it. It would have been a better idea to have green space or a courtyard or something between the buildings, but it's just more parking spaces. Very disappointing. :(