On 4/28/2022 at 1:30 PM, samagon said:

I think I recall renderings from earlier in this thread that showed the street only taking about as much as they have blocked off. from the standpoint of access for emergency services, and even from the simpler aspect of having an address on the street, I think the street has to stay, at least in some fashion. 

they do have the full street blocked at the moment, but one of the workers told us that this is only temporary, and they will be bringing back, and better because they will have metered parking, so more more students parking on day 1 of class and then not moving for the rest of the semester.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the updates Hindesky. The new law school is such an improvement, and I like that its closer to the other buildings. I also noticed that they have cut a diagonal off the med school to the corner of MLK and OST to the train. They've already put in the sidewalk and lighting. I hated to see that area developed but it sure does look nice.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheSirDingle said:

FOOD HOLE NOW GONE, REPLACE WITH FOOD TOWER.

G2sN15O.jpg

You have no idea how much I love this picture.

1 hour ago, TheSirDingle said:

It's amazing how much UH has changed in the past year, I probably won't recognize it in the next half decade. 

Before I started at UH (09) my optometrist told me not to get too attached to campus because every year at least one building will come down, two will go up, and by the time I graduate, the whole place will look completely different.

He was quite correct.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

"A prominent Houston family has just made a sizable investment in the University of Houston’s in the C. T. Bauer College of Business. The Dakri family has pledged $4 million in support of the Bauer College’s new Center for Economic Inclusion, which which aims to develop minority entrepreneurship and business development."

unIYNjW.png

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/innovation/08-01-22-center-for-economic-inclusion-houston-dakri-family-gift-4-million-musa-khaleda-dakri-asif-dakri-faizel-dakri-minorities/

• Like 7

On 7/23/2022 at 12:40 PM, hindesky said:

Construction fencing is down and road open. Looks nice, I wonder if the interior is ready for students this fall semester?

Otu6CDX.jpg

I think it is? 

Well they're having meetings in it rn. I also remember seeing a presentation hall with a bunch of well dressed students inside the med school on facebook, but I can't find it for some reason. 

• Like 5

Of the two additions

Law Building- Probably the best looking building on campus and that include 1 designed by Pritzker Prize winner (Philip Johnson) and one designed by Cesar Pelli.

Medical School Building - .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texas911 said:

Are those QB codes? Or some secret to decipher like on the CIA building? Also, the signage should be in red, looks hard to read with that background.

^^^ i absolutely CONCUR!  the signage should definitely be in RED.  i was thinking the very same day the other day when the illustration first appeared.  what on earth... were they thinking here?