Experience With Alba Custom Iron

felamy

I just have to vent about my frustration with Alba Custom Iron on Fulton and would like to know if others had the same experience.

I was told that they were an honest company and stood by their work so I had placed half of the project cost as a deposit in July. The project consisted of stair railings and entry doors. Masonry is about to start on my home and the door jams are needed. For the past month we had been calling Sam Alba regarding our door jams and he told us he would be there to measure the door frame and stair specs. Well day after day he did not show up and we would call wondering what was wrong. We received the same excuse over and over. He would then tell us that he would come by on another day but suprise, he didnt show up. This was a cycle that has occured about five times. We called him again and said he indeed showed up but just haven't brought the door jams. We got tired of his excuses and decided to pay him a vist at his shop. Well Sam was nowhere to be found but his partner was. We spoke to his partner and promised a door jam to be delivered to our home site by Friday or Saturday. As we were speaking Sam walked in and I could see his face turn white when he saw me. His excuse was that his cell phone was broken and he had to borrow one of his children's. I don't understand how that would cause a delay in the door jams being delivered :blink:

His partner then asked him if he had went to our home and Sam had responded, " No, i have never been there" I was a little shocked to hear that because he assured me that he went to my home to measure the stairs. He's a dishonest man so I just got over it and gave him faith that the door jams would be delivered on Friday or Saturday as promised.

Today is Monday and no door jam or even a call to say that they need more time. I am really not suprised and have lost my faith in this company. They promised to come by today and deliver the door jam in a few hours but I am not expecting that.

I will give them one last chance before I proceed further. Im just tired of their lies.

http://www.albascustomiron.com/

Sounds like the partner is the way to go with this.

Have you checked him out with the BBB? Is it too late to cancel your deposit?

If there's a large sum of money involved, it might be worth your while to hire a lawyer to send him a letter.

Thank you for everyone's help. I will file a complaint with BBB. Does it do any good though?

It won't help you now, but it might warn people in the future.

Do you still want to work with this company, or are you trying to get your money back?

It won't help you now, but it might warn people in the future.

Do you still want to work with this company, or are you trying to get your money back?

I always look for the good in people and live upon benefits of doubts. I would still like to work with them but I think deep down I just don't want to go through the trouble of finding another iron company and go through the process of how I want the doors and railings designed again. My friends who had referred me had positive experiences with Alba's Custom Iron and I figured my experience was an exception. Maybe they are just overwhelmed with work but that still doesn't explain poor customer service. I haven't been able to check if the door jams were delivered to my home site today. If not you'll probably hear me ranting again in this thread tomorrow. My last resort will probably be to pay him a visit again and watch him make and deliver the door jams in my presence.

Thanks.

Welcome to the world of working with subcontractors. Its really fun.

Amen to that.

I'll give my opinion of what I'd do at this point.

I'd go there today and see what the actual status of the jamb is. If he hasn't been out to your house yet or if the jamb hasn't been started yet, I'd be through with them.

Your stress and aggravation have a price. I don't know how much money you've given them yet, but maybe that amount is worth your stress on this part of the project.

I've learned that once a sub starts giving you the treatment that you are getting, it's best to cut bait and move on. Sometimes it's not easy to do, but ultimately it's the best thing to do.

The bottom line is that you are dealing with someone who doesn't care about your project. It's time to find someone who actually wants to do your project.

flipper

Thanks for the advice flipper.

The door jams were not delivered on Monday and gave another promise that they would be delivered today, Tuesday. I have not been able to go check but I will go early morning as I am extremely anxious to find out. Then again I don't want it to ruin my day. The last resort would be to get my deposit back if I can if not the legal way would be the only route.

I don't understand why I am left in the back burner. Maybe Sam Alba and his partner, Tim Buchanon, would like to dedicate their service to more higher clientele. After all they did do the iron work for Tillman Fertitta's manse.

If anyone is looking to work with Alba's Custom Iron I will keep you updated.

• 4 months later...

everything is on the right track now. communication has been pleasant. I have seen my entry doors and it is composed of the best craftsmanship i have seen.

i understand that they were just overwhelmed with work and just lost track with us. the same can go for any large and in demand company.

mods, please delete this thread. thank you.

everything is on the right track now. communication has been pleasant. I have seen my entry doors and it is composed of the best craftsmanship i have seen.

i understand that they were just overwhelmed with work and just lost track with us. the same can go for any large and in demand company.

mods, please delete this thread. thank you.

after 5 months, things are finally on the right track???? :blink:

• The title was changed to Experience With Alba Custom Iron

Archived