Rosie Calls Kelly Ripa A Homophobe

musicman

At TJones request.........

did you see how rosie odonell called kelly ripa a homophobe because kelly's guest host clay aiken felt he wasn't getting to ask enough questions so he put his hand over kelly's mouth.

kelly ended it with the comment "i don't know where that hand's been"

then on today's the view rosie called kelly a homophobe because of the hand comment.

what was even better was that kelly called into the view to explain her views. I personally have never seen rosie so quiet as a result.

the initial incident and her response on monday's show.

kelly's response on "the view" on tuesday

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like an over-reaction. Too many people are so focused on their sexuality they forget to be people.

I know a number of homosexual people.

The ones who are people that happen to be homosexual I make my friends.

The ones who are homosexuals before they are people I generally ignore.

Sounds like an over-reaction. Too many people are so focused on their sexuality they forget to be people.

I never thought about it this way but you do make a good point. I'm just glad that Kelly held her ground against Rosie.

First off, I can't believe I am commenting on a Clay Aiken/Kelly Ripa thread. Sad.

Secondly, he was a total schmuck. He's lucky she didn't delicate flower slap his ass back to Podunkville.

Thirdly, I thought he was still pretending to like the ladies?

As a gay man, I don't want him on my team!

Not sure I blame Clay as my impulse is to gag that silly dame every time she opens her mouth. She is annoying as all get out!

As to Rosie "outing" Clay, that was done a long time ago by Kathy Griffin, calling him "Clay Gaykin".

exactly. i get really tired of the whole "are you/they gay?" thing. do i care if someone is straight or gay? no. it cracks me up when people have to identify themselves as gay on the first meeting. i'm not going to like you more or less if you're gay. i went to party a few years ago and the hostess' first conversation with me included the question "are you gay?". i'm thinking, what business is it of yours? maybe i'm not as masculine as i thought i was. i responded to her that i am whoever you want me to be. it was a lame attempt at an insult and she regarded it as a come on. :ph34r:

who cares if clay aiken is gay. he's a goofy, annoying person regardless. and kelly rippa..................vacant cheeseball! rosie would do herself good to not always speak her mind. i think she is a good person, but she suffers from a serious lack of tact.

Why, just because he put his hand over her mouth? I wouldn't want anyone's hand over my mouth either. Human hands are filthy regardless of who they belong to.

Was Rosie O'Donnell outing Clay Aikan?

because Kelly said " i don't know where that hand's been"....rosie, as a gay person, thought that was a homophobic statement.

Basically YES rosie was outing him.

If Kelly Ripa is a homophobe, does that mean I am wasting my time with that menage a trois fantasy I have with her?

you should stick with clay and rosie.

Thirdly, I thought he was still pretending to like the ladies?

to like or be like the ladies?

As a gay man, I don't want him on my team!

what do you want him on?

it cracks me up when people have to identify themselves as gay on the first meeting.

Have you ever had anyone introduce themselves as "gay"? I find that hard to believe. Exactly how does one "identify themselves as gay on the first meeting"?

because Kelly said " i don't know where that hand's been"....rosie, as a gay person, thought that was a homophobic statement.

Can someone explain why that's a homophobic statement? It's a pretty common statement as far as I can remember. It's even in a couple of movies all the way back to the Three Stooges (where it was a finger, not a whole hand.). It's something I can remember us saying as kids.

I guess I'd better not every ask Rosie if she wants something to eat. Not because she's a lard-ass, but because she might think I'm coming on to her.

Attention, Freak: The whole world is not about you.

Have you ever had anyone introduce themselves as "gay"?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

"I'm [name goes here], and I just want to let you know that I'm feeling extra randy today in case I start hitting on you."

There's also someone I work with who sits there watching TV and saying all sorts of rude sexual things about the men in Smallville that if I were to say about the women in the show would get me hauled into H.R. for "sensitivity training."

"I'm [name goes here], and I just want to let you know that I'm feeling extra randy today in case I start hitting on you."

:lol: You're kidding? Were they this guy?

Big_Gay_Al.gif.gif

Note: For the purposes of qualifying this image for fair use under U.S. copyright law, let it be known that this fictional character is Big Gay Al, a tertiary role in the Comedy Central television series South Park. Critical commentary: South Park kicks ass and you should watch all of it frequently, especially the commercials. -- There, we're legit now.

...or was it more like this one?

Mrslave.jpg

Note: For the purposes of qualifying this image for fair use under U.S. copyright law, let it be known that this fictional character is Mr. Slave, a tertiary role in the Comedy Central television series South Park. Critical commentary: South Park kicks ass and you should watch all of it frequently, especially the commercials. Then you should watch the encore episode later that night to justfy the use of this picture -- There, we're legit again.

Can someone explain why that's a homophobic statement? It's a pretty common statement as far as I can remember. It's even in a couple of movies all the way back to the Three Stooges (where it was a finger, not a whole hand.). It's something I can remember us saying as kids.

Ah, yes, but a finger is clearly a hetero comment. It is the reference to the entire hand that crosses the line into homophobia.

Well said.

Rosie is a moron, however, so her behavior doesn't surprise me. The fact that she is a lesbian wouldn't even be an issue if she didn't make it one all the time.

Ah, yes, but a finger is clearly a hetero comment. It is the reference to the entire hand that crosses the line into homophobia.

BUT it was clay aiken that did it, not Kelly. I could not believe Rosie said it was homophobic. On the view yesterday, I think she appeared as if she knew her foot was in her mouth. She is welcome to share her beliefs on the view, however this was the "their out to get us" mentality. In this instance, Rosie hurt herself. hopefully she'll learn to think before opening her mouth.

Well said.

Rosie is a moron, however, so her behavior doesn't surprise me. The fact that she is a lesbian wouldn't even be an issue if she didn't make it one all the time.

Rosie is clearly not a moron. She is crass, boorish, opinionated and often classless.

But, she is no moron.

:lol: You're kidding? Were they this guy?

Big_Gay_Al.gif.gif

Hey, Big Gay Al is ssssssssssuper ! You leave him alone you big meanie ! :angry2:

Well said.

Parrot, Rosie is not a moron, she is a Bull Dyke ! Big difference. :P:lol:

There's also someone I work with who sits there watching TV and saying all sorts of rude sexual things about the men in Smallville that if I were to say about the women in the show would get me hauled into H.R. for "sensitivity training."

Well in that case that particular person is just a rude as%^&*e. If he isn't getting hauled into HR for "sensitivity training" you should ask HR why. Rude is rude whether he is gay or not.

What I thought you (and Bacahnon) may have meant is that a person may ID themselves as gay, not by declaring it, but maybe not by hiding it. Putting a pic of his better half on his desk for example which I think should be perfectly accebtable.

I hate those gay people. Makes us look bad.

Just kick their ass next time, and if they try to pull a 'gaybash' card, tell them you've been pre-approved by one.

"Hell, I'm gay, ...."

"NO way!! I would have never guessed! Thank you for clearing up that up... but you did just ruin 5 minutes of gossip/conversation between me and our coworkers."

Archived