Kelliwood Greens Or Rather Established Neighborhoods

KatieDidIt

I have a friend whom is having to work in a satellite office in Katy and really doesn't want to commute from inside to loop to Katy anymore, so she is moving.

She is looking for an older neighborhood, for the trees and privacy and lack of construction, but with a very large yard. I have looked on HAR and it seems the lots can be small and the houses can be well over 6,000 sq. feet on some of the older homes.

Windsor Park Estates looks nice but what about Kelliwood Greens? Or is Kelliwood Greens so far out that it has a 'Texasville' style to it? Is the Golf course surrounding it public or private ?Any opinions?

She is moving from RO Avalon and would like a to attempt a similar feel.

Kelliwood Greens is very nice, as are most of the Kelliwood neighborhoods--they are very established, treesy, and overall very well-maintained. I'm not sure what "texasville" is, so I can't comment on that, but the golf course is Willow Fork and is a private country club--quite nice, too. For more info just go to http://www.willowforkclub.com

I really, really like Green Trails Estates as well as Windsor Park Estates. They are beautiful, quiet neighborhoods with park-like settings and larger lots--esp. WPE, they have some really big lots!

Good luck to your friend, I bet that is hard moving from River Oaks/Avalon to Katy, but I sure do understand why!

Thanks I will pass that on. I like the Windsor Park Estates (Not Lakes) area too. I think the main concern was the Kelliwood Greens was too far off the beaten path and the the schools were not quite as established as WPE.

Texasville- Larry McMurtry. Big, gigantic house in the middle of nowhere and not a tree to be found.

RO Avalon

If she owned a home in River Oaks Avalon, then she should have no problem affording a home in Memorial which isn't too far from Katy, and still offers some of the prestige and character of her former neighborhood.

West Memorial has some nice choices as well.

Kelliwood Greens is zoned to (Katy ISD):

* Creech Elementary School

* Beck Junior High School

* Seven Lakes High School

** As of the 2006-2007 school year, 12th graders must go to Cinco Ranch HS, but Seven Lakes will phase in the 12th grade by 2007-2008

If she owned a home in River Oaks Avalon, then she should have no problem affording a home in Memorial which isn't too far from Katy, and still offers some of the prestige and character of her former neighborhood.

West Memorial has some nice choices as well.

I think the main goal was to be in her car less than 30 minutes a day, like her old location. I imagine that even from the Beltway to Katy and back would still be a pretty stiff drive.

I remember looking at Katy 10 years ago and just getting from 10 into the subdivsions was a chore.

• The title was changed to Kelliwood Greens Or Rather Established Neighborhoods

Archived