Third Coast Seafood At 2412 Washington Ave.

houstonray

if it's a "real" sportsbar, they will be filling a huge void inside the loop. the only real sports bar around here is The Tavern and i just can't go there anymore for a variety of reasons...

Would one of them be the absolute and utter futility of trying to get service? That's certainly why I haven't been there in 5 years or so. :angry:

Word on the street is The Tavern isn't long for this world. It's supposedly being torn down pretty soon.

But then a couple of my friends would be homeless! I guess they could stumble over to Kinneally's.

Seriously though, being torn down for what? I don't like what they've done expanding the crappy parking lot eastward, it looks like crap.

Griff's? Roeders? Mezzanine? Two Rows?

I'm guessing you mean in the Memorial Heights area.

actually, i guess i mean big places with tons of tvs but that are bars not restaurants (therefore excluding two rows and champs type venues).

i can totally see it being torn down. i am sure that parking lot was part of the tear down plan from the beginning or else they would have paved it properly (you can hope)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
As far as I know it is, though I am not sure on the name...

Looks to be transforming into a 2 story building... A casual sports bar on Washington would be a welcomed addition in my book. Has a decent sized parking lot...more than most drinking establishments in the area have. I will be utterly disappointed if the parking lot is used for valet. Hope its not another "scene" bar...

Looks to be transforming into a 2 story building... A casual sports bar on Washington would be a welcomed addition in my book. Has a decent sized parking lot...more than most drinking establishments in the area have. I will be utterly disappointed if the parking lot is used for valet. Hope its not another "scene" bar...

If? :lol: You know it's going to be... *sigh* :(

Is Houston the only city where people openly hope for more parking at drinking establishments?

Is this "Reign"? Or is that the new build further down?

The Washington Ave bar scene is achieving maximum douche-density very rapidly. In 2-3 years it will be like Richmond Ave all over again.

Reign is further west on Washington. So far it looks like the perfect realization of douche-ness in building form. I'll put some pictures up when I get a chance. You'll see... <_<

But even Richmond is more spread out, it seems. These are getting stacked on top of each other.

This thread depresses me because when I see a place called "Pig Stand" I have to eat there. And now I never can.

Who needs pig when they can have a pomengranate martini?

You have a point about the stacking. Richmond Ave was douche ground zero in its day, but it had parking. It also had JoJos for after. Is there any 24 hour food on Washington?

You have a point about the stacking. Richmond Ave was douche ground zero in its day, but it had parking. It also had JoJos for after. Is there any 24 hour food on Washington?

I miss JoJos. :(

No 24-hour joints on Washington. Even El Rey closes pretty early. But I suppose you could conceivably head down to Ruchi's on West Alabama or to Little Big's or BB's on Montrose. Doubt the folks who live along Washington would get behind a 24-hour eatery in addition to all the craptastic clubs they're currently enduring.

You mean, other than the...well...umm...Pig Stand? :huh:

BTW, IHOP at I-10 and Washington, Andy's at 11th and Studewood.

Edited by RedScare

I miss JoJos. :(

No 24-hour joints on Washington. Even El Rey closes pretty early. But I suppose you could conceivably head down to Ruchi's on West Alabama or to Little Big's or BB's on Montrose. Doubt the folks who live along Washington would get behind a 24-hour eatery in addition to all the craptastic clubs they're currently enduring.

What's wrong with a little jack-in-the-box after slamming appletinis all night? There are 24-hr options all over the place!

What's wrong with a little jack-in-the-box after slamming appletinis all night? There are 24-hr options all over the place!

True. But JoJos was something else entirely, it was like fern bar meets Denny's. On Saturdays people would wait an hour for a table at 2:00 am. Imagine a slightly cleaner and better decorated I-Hop filled to the gills with drunk party people. I think it was the only place I've seen people doing lines in the bathroom while waiting for their order of pancakes and bacon to come out.

Reign is further west on Washington. So far it looks like the perfect realization of douche-ness in building form. I'll put some pictures up when I get a chance. You'll see... <_<

you are not kidding. all the parking, fwiw, appears to be in front. that's where the douchiest cars will go so that simpletons like me, driving by with my kids to Cadelari's, will feel inferior, even inadequate, and question if having a family and living a quiet life was the right decision. and don't get my started on the building itself. who thought some kind of tuscan revival mini-castle was a good idea? regardless of its purpose, the building is just b.a.d.

Poor quality drive-by photo of Reign under construction here. The beige castle entrance sort of blends in with the beige townhouses behind it in this view. I don't know for sure, but the bulk of the club appears to be that beige metal warehouse structure extending back to the left. Nothing says swank lounge like a metal warehouse.

My question is -- who is going to be stupid enough to buy the White Label townhouses right next door to Reign? They are like 15 feet away.

The same folks that are buying the ones on Heights 10-feet from the railroad track?

Edited by Gooch