Your Game Console of Choice

Next Generation Game Systems  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you support/own?

• Microsoft - Xbox 360/Xbox
    • Sony - PlayStation 3/PlayStation 2/PlayStation Portable
    • Nintendo - Wii/Gamecube/DS

Back in 2000, when PlayStation 2 came out, I was lucky enough to get it the second week it came out at the Best Buy on Richmond and 6-10.

A buddy of mine, was smart, and sold it for a profit.

I still have my original $299.99 wonder, which I bought, DOA and Ridge Racer, (I later changed my mind about Ridge Racer and got SXX, which was a much better choice)

I am torn whether or not to wait or buy, either to sell or keep.

I am thinking I will wait until either Holiday 2007 or when and if the PS3 has a price drop, maybe to $399.

Anyone else?

ps3wiiqa.jpg

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard yesterday people started getting in line in New York for the Sony.

The Walmart across the street from my work, still empty, but I am most certain people are going to skip work tomorrow to have a spot in line for the PS3.

The insanity of it all.

All the Best Buys are camped out. only 26 to 30 PER retailer. LOL! Best Buy botched the whole pre-order racket, and have to give back a buttload of moolah. Only 400000 units nationwide. Good Luck Puma. Only cost you about $1300 if you aren't camped out by now, IF you want it a week before or after Xmas. Wait until about March, they will be in the pawnshops by then. You can score one for about $800 for the premium system then.

Only 400000 units nationwide. Good Luck Puma. Only cost you about $1300 if you aren't camped out by now, IF you want it a week before or after Xmas.

Some online sources are saying that that the shippings are now looking more along the lines of 150,000 to 200,000.

I think I'm going to buy a PS2. They are down to about $130 now and are superthin.

of the 110 million units already sold, I am shock that you still have yet to own one, but you are getting a sweet revision, make sure you get the silver trimmed version while you can.

All the Best Buys are camped out. only 26 to 30 PER retailer. LOL! Best Buy botched the whole pre-order racket, and have to give back a buttload of moolah. Only 400000 units nationwide. Good Luck Puma. Only cost you about $1300 if you aren't camped out by now, IF you want it a week before or after Xmas. Wait until about March, they will be in the pawnshops by then. You can score one for about $800 for the premium system then.

Nah that was the 360. Sony is sending 400,000 PS3's to North America. Only about five per store (I heard on the news). Only 100,000 went to their home country of Japan. My dad did this for me last year (360).

of the 110 million units already sold, I am shock that you still have yet to own one, but you are getting a sweet revision, make sure you get the silver trimmed version while you can.

Really? How shocked would you be if I told you that I have never owned ANY of these things, and have never bought a single game? :o

Out of curiosity, how much do some of you guys spend annually, or in total, on these players and games? I get the impression from some of the stories that it runs into the thousands of dollars.

Out of curiosity, how much do some of you guys spend annually, or in total, on these players and games? I get the impression from some of the stories that it runs into the thousands of dollars.

I own three games plus an Xbox console, so thats what 300-350 range total, plus $5 a month for for xboxlive.

I finally caved in and bought one when HALO II came out because I'd been addicted to playing the original on my previous roomies' console.

I'm perfectly happy just with the Halos and PGRII.

Before then, I'd never owned a game system. I was forced to entertain myself with a Commodore 64 growing up.

I'll cave in and buy a 360, when Halo III comes out. But I figure it'll be worth it in that I don't own a dvd player of my own ( dont have to with roomies), so it'll be double the investment.

Really? How shocked would you be if I told you that I have never owned ANY of these things, and have never bought a single game?

Not surprised at all. Aren't you an old fart? ;-)

I think the Demographis is males up to 38.

The trick is to just buy the game you like. Flying, racing and shooters are all I like. Maybe a couple of 100 dollar a year, max.

the secret to not spending lots of money is do not get into any sports game. NCAA 2k?, MLB2k?, HHL 2k?, Madden 2K? Don't put yourself into a position where you have to buy a brand new edition of the same game every year just so you can have the latest rosters and such.

i had a nes a little after it came out - 1986 or so.

i finally broke down about a couple years ago and bought a gamecube, but i don't play it. (in my opinion, it is much nicer looking than any of the other consoles - plus, it has a small handle! :D)

i had a nes a little after it came out - 1986 or so.

i finally broke down about a couple years ago and bought a gamecube, but i don't play it. (in my opinion, it is much nicer looking than any of the other consoles - plus, it has a small handle! :D)

We'll all have to go over to Sev's house, and have one of these.

mp-wario-sm.jpg

With each new game hitting the $60 mark, it can add up really fast.

Then the Wii may be for you.

It's supposed to be the console for everyone.

That's the one I will get.

That reminds me of the target demographic of the Wii, they are trying to get people of all ages, types, and game experience to enjoy video games, whereas the PS3 and 360 are more for moderate to expreinced gamers.

I read on some forum which made me crack up when someone commented about using the Wii, "Will not make Grandpa love you more just because you will share a moment." :lol:

I'm going in the opposite direction collecting classic consoles, my oldest game system is a 1975 Pong knockoff called Television tennis by Executive Games, on the back it has a UL sticker Listed 468E Sports Equipment. :blink:

I'm going in the opposite direction collecting classic consoles, my oldest game system is a 1975 Pong knockoff called Television tennis by Executive Games, on the back it has a UL sticker Listed 468E Sports Equipment. :blink:

It is just cheaper down find an emulator and a rom, rathar than looking for classic system.

Or buy that Atari Flashback.

Well, my parents spent about 580 dollars last year on my 360 system (system was 400, then three games at 60 a piece). I already had Xbox Live (and still do). A year, I probably spend about 250 on games (2007 will be more, though). I have a lot of games and play them on the free time I have (mostly late weekend nights after coming back from somewhere).

The PS3 is out of the question, though. You start at $600 dollars. Way too much.

Archived