Uh Oh, this doesnt seem to be politically correct

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

If I were a moderator, I would ban you from the board for this below the belt attack on someone, who merely pointed out that you were wrong in your statement.

Editor trumps moderator. Since the editor's attention has already been drawn, he is the arbitrator. We're pretty much just his minions. ;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
English is the language of the land, period! Start letting that change and many here will be at a disadvantage in our own land! Anyone that doesnt know or believe english is the language of this land is a complete and stupid jackass to and through the core and have no knowledge of proper immigration requirements of this country!!!!!

Speaking of English, if it's the official language, what style of English are U referring to? Have U ever thought about why we don't speak proper English like everyone else? Hell, people in New York, Alabama, Golden State, and H-Town seem to talk different forms of English in itself. It's not even proper English anymore, it's like a remix, yo.

I declare America's official language: "Don'tGiveAF***"...

I just don't see this as a "racial" issue, it is a "LAW" issue. These people are not supposed to be in this country, and people that rent out houses and apartments to them are, in effect, "Harboring" illegals. If I wanted to move to Canada or England, I wouldn't just hop a plane and set up residence, I would get my paperwork in order, and do it correctly. The defense that "these illegals" don't have the money to go throught the proper channels is B.S. Most of them just paid thousands of dollars to Coyotes to bring them up here from Mexico to work or down here from Canada. They could have spent some of THAT money going to the consulate to apply for immigration status, or obtain a work visa.

Speaking of English, if it's the official language, what style of English are U referring to? Have U ever thought about why we don't speak proper English like everyone else? Hell, people in New York, Alabama, Golden State, and H-Town seem to talk different forms of English in itself. It's not even proper English anymore, it's like a remix, yo.

I declare America's official language: "Don'tGiveAF***"...

Doesn't matter what style YO! We aren't talking "Ebonics" here DJ, we are talking about the English language, the words used in the Webster's dictionary, not what "accent" or "slang" is given to some of the words. C'mon Chief.

I just don't see this as a "racial" issue, it is a "LAW" issue. These people are not supposed to be in this country, and people that rent out houses and apartments to them are, in effect, "Harboring" illegals. If I wanted to move to Canada or England, I wouldn't just hop a plane and set up residence, I would get my paperwork in order, and do it correctly. The defense that "these illegals" don't have the money to go throught the proper channels is B.S. Most of them just paid thousands of dollars to Coyotes to bring them up here from Mexico to work or down here from Canada. They could have spent some of THAT money going to the consulate to apply for immigration status, or obtain a work visa.

Doesn't matter what style YO! We aren't talking "Ebonics" here DJ, we are talking about the English language, the words used in the Webster's dictionary, not what "accent" or "slang" is given to some of the words. C'mon Chief.

That's the problem: There's a fine line here between implemention of law and racism. There NEEDS to be an enforcement of legal documentation in America. Farmer's Branch makes sense when it comes to wanting to address illegal immigrants being allowed to work and/or live in their town without any legal records authorizing it, especially when health care and tax excemptions come into play. But why should anyone be offended if someone around them's speaking another language in America? That shouldn't be an issue. We should be allowed to speak our native tongue or another language if we want. The language issue has nothing to do with documention or taxes, unless you're talking about the language of the documents filled out.

Why should anyone care what language someone speaks if that person's here legally?

But why should anyone be offended if someone around them's speaking another language in America? That shouldn't be an issue. We should be allowed to speak our native tongue or another language if we want. The language issue has nothing to do with documention or taxes, unless you're talking about the language of the documents filled out.

Why should anyone care what language someone speaks if that person's here legally?

noone is offended when people speak other languages. it is when they start demanding things are in their native language that it takes a toll on the system here. when it comes to official paperwork, what if it was done in chinese? how would it be verified as accurate? There needs to be a common means of communication as there is normally in the business world.

I'd care if it prevented me from being able to help someone in case of an emergency (or vice-versa.) If I'm having a heart attack, I don't want to hear "

I'd care if it prevented me from being able to help someone in case of an emergency (or vice-versa.) If I'm having a heart attack, I don't want to hear "

No it's not. Period. The United States has no official language. Period.

So this thread is just another rant and rave that will disappear in 3 days? Probably. Wouldn't it just be easier if those who are xenophobic stand up and say it proud and out loud?

Where's that Debbie Downer pic I saw in another thread? :lol:

Let's not forget that there is a lot of hypocrisy and racism on this issue coming from the Dems.

Which dems specifically? Let's not forget it was the GOP led congress that failed to do anything about illegal immigration. Now that they have been flushed out of office we may get a comprehensive solution to this problem. If the GOP led federal government had done it's job Farmers Branch would have not have had to enact this law.

Which dems specifically? Let's not forget it was the GOP led congress that failed to do anything about illegal immigration. Now that they have been flushed out of office we may get a comprehensive solution to this problem. If the GOP led federal government had done it's job Farmers Branch would have not have had to enact this law.

Let's see if the Dems "solve" the problem or try not to offend anyone. I agree with Danax that people are making it a racial issue not an illegal immigration one.

Let's see if the Dems "solve" the problem or try not to offend anyone. I agree with Danax that people are making it a racial issue not an illegal immigration one.

Lets hope they do because it's not a racial issue. A sane, comprehensive plan/policy would benifit everyone. I just don't believe in making this a partisan issue. The Dems and GOP have both failed us miserably on this one.

on the subject of immigration, when was this taken into effect?

She added that the threat of deportation had increased under a new policy in Houston requiring police to check motorists' immigration documents, as well as licenses.

"The whole community is incredibly worried," said Figueroa, who emigrated from El Salvador in 1992. "The situation has gotten very difficult, not just in Chicago and Texas, but in all states where migrant communities exist."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/4335551.html

on the subject of immigration, when was this taken into effect?

She added that the threat of deportation had increased under a new policy in Houston requiring police to check motorists' immigration documents, as well as licenses.

"The whole community is incredibly worried," said Figueroa, who emigrated from El Salvador in 1992. "The situation has gotten very difficult, not just in Chicago and Texas, but in all states where migrant communities exist."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/4335551.html

this was not too long ago. if they were stopped for a traffic violation, they should be asked of their immigration status. I don't know how i would prove that though. i normally don't carry my birth certification or passport with me.

That's the problem: There's a fine line here between implemention of law and racism. There NEEDS to be an enforcement of legal documentation in America. Farmer's Branch makes sense when it comes to wanting to address illegal immigrants being allowed to work and/or live in their town without any legal records authorizing it, especially when health care and tax excemptions come into play. But why should anyone be offended if someone around them's speaking another language in America? That shouldn't be an issue. We should be allowed to speak our native tongue or another language if we want. The language issue has nothing to do with documention or taxes, unless you're talking about the language of the documents filled out.

DJ, I think that you would find that most Americans that decide to move to a foreign land will most always assimilate to the culture and language and not demand that English be interpreted on everything everywhere. :wacko:

If it's on the menu and we can't figure it out, we usually leave it alone.

Lets hope they do because it's not a racial issue. A sane, comprehensive plan/policy would benifit everyone. I just don't believe in making this a partisan issue. The Dems and GOP have both failed us miserably on this one.

Would somebody get Ripley's on the phone ? I think west is off his meds, he actually said the Dems did something wrong. :P:lol:

One way to show proof of "residency", is to put a special code on your state driver's license. A code showing U.S. Citizen should be enacted, just like that bar code on the back of it.

I just don't believe in making this a partisan issue.

interesting comment from someone who said "If the GOP led federal government had done it's job Farmers Branch would have not have had to enact this law" and who said "Let's not forget it was the GOP led congress that failed to do anything about illegal immigration" and finally "Now that they (the republicans) have been flushed out of office we may get a comprehensive solution to this problem." :D

interesting comment from someone who said "If the GOP led federal government had done it's job Farmers Branch would have not have had to enact this law" and who said "Let's not forget it was the GOP led congress that failed to do anything about illegal immigration" and finally "Now that they (the republicans) have been flushed out of office we may get a comprehensive solution to this problem." :D

Wah Wah Wah Wah Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! ;):lol:

edit: this isn't saying you are crying music, some people will get this line, and some won't, try associating this with a laff track.

What I meant was that most GOP aplogists point to the Dems as being at fault for the Illeagal immigration problem. True, I do believe that the GOP is more at fault because they have had the power for the last 6 years and have done nothing. And do you disagree with what I said about the Repuclicans not doing there job? Do you think Farmers Branch would have had to enact laws to cover for the Federal gov't inaction? Don't you think there is a better chance of something getting done now that the Republicans that have done nothing are gone?

DJ, I think that you would find that most Americans that decide to move to a foreign land will most always assimilate to the culture and language and not demand that English be interpreted on everything everywhere. :wacko:

If it's on the menu and we can't figure it out, we usually leave it alone.

Would somebody get Ripley's on the phone ? I think west is off his meds, he actually said the Dems did something wrong. :P:lol:

Well actually I think the Republicans have failed us more. They had all the power. Talked a good game but in the end it was only talk, no action.

What I meant was that most GOP aplogists point to the Dems as being at fault for the Illeagal immigration problem. True, I do believe that the GOP is more at fault.........Well actually I think the Republicans have failed us more. They had all the power. Talked a good game but in the end it was only talk, no action.

LOL you better quit while you're behind. As you said "I just don't believe in making this a partisan issue."

My point has been made, you ARE making it a partisan issue.

basta!

LOL you better quit while you're behind. As you said "I just don't believe in making this a partisan issue."

My point has been made, you ARE making it a partisan issue.

basta!

Oh all right. You are correct. You can do your victory dance and spike your mouse now.

Actually, on the federal level, this was a Republican intra-party squabble, pitting anti-immigration Republicans on one side, and pro-guest workers (such as President Bush) on the other. Democrats were generally on the sideline, though they quietly supported Bush's guest worker and eventual citizenship plan. In that sense, it was not a partisan issue. It was Republican ultra-conservatives versus Republican businessmen.

Now, that the Dems are the majority, it will be interesting to see if they actually take the lead on this issue.

If I were a moderator, I would ban you from the board for this below the belt attack on someone, who merely pointed out that you were wrong in your statement.

Since I am not a moderator, I will simply do the next best thing, which is to never respond to you again. I hope the others on the board do the same.

Your beligerant, violent and neoconservative views give you no more right to make personal attacks than anyone else.

I second this emotion..........er...........motion. I've had issues with moonBOY before. He can't stand to recognize anybody else's opinions. And, he's been starting so many threads lately, does the man not have a job or anything else to do? He even ridiculed the study citing the possible link between eating beef and breast cancer. He's rude, crude, and socially unacceptible. From now on I'm not dignifying his rantings by even reading them much less responding. Maybe he's like other strays and he'll go away if we all ignore him.

He's rude, crude, and socially unacceptible.

True. But that is fine. Makes the board interesting. But when he threatens and pokes at people based on health issues he just shows himself to be a classless individual w/some major issues. Myself, I've got him on "ignore". End of problem.

In regards to Mister Moonman, I just read that statement, or "assault" on nmain, all I have to say is shame on you bro'. I thought you were better than that ? I have my differences with lots of people on this board, but I never wished anyone to outright DIE, because of their beliefs. Isn't one of the things you pledged when you served in the military was that you yourself would DIE defending nmain's beliefs ? Nmain, you are just as guilty by always provoking and calling him a "drunk", now I myself would much rather be a "drunk" rather than an "alcoholic", because "alcoholics" always have to go to those Damned meetings. You always call him names when he tries to express "his patriotism" and that may have been the last straw and you see the end result.

Moonman, I don't think he is chasing YOU around the board, get over yourself, everyone on here knows that he chases ME around the board. I really think you should apologize to him, it was what I feel almost totally out of character for you. Can't all us "drunks" and "queens" just get along ? It's the holidays for cryin' out loud.

No more verbal assaults until January 1st.

In regards to Mister Moonman, I just read that statement, or "assault" on nmain, all I have to say is shame on you bro'. I thought you were better than that ? I have my differences with lots of people on this board, but I never wished anyone to outright DIE, because of their beliefs. Isn't one of the things you pledged when you served in the military was that you yourself would DIE defending nmain's beliefs ? Nmain, you are just as guilty by always provoking and calling him a "drunk", now I myself would much rather be a "drunk" rather than an "alcoholic", because "alcoholics" always have to go to those Damned meetings. You always call him names when he tries to express "his patriotism" and that may have been the last straw and you see the end result.

Moonman, I don't think he is chasing YOU around the board, get over yourself, everyone on here knows that he chases ME around the board. I really think you should apologize to him, it was what I feel almost totally out of character for you. Can't all us "drunks" and "queens" just get along ? It's the holidays for cryin' out loud.

No more verbal assaults until January 1st.

I don't chase anyone. All I did was correct him. I know I've accused him of being drunk in the past based on his somewhat irratic behavior but to suggest I am just as quilty is somewhat out of proportion. After all, he did suggest I should kill myself.

I don't care if he apologizes or not. Like I said before, I've been called worse by better.

Archived