UFO Sighting In Cypress

mrfootball

UFO sighting reported in Timberlake Estates

By:Brandon DeHoyos, Staff Writer11/08/2006

http://www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm?BRD...G=461&rfi=9

A Cypress woman and two family members witnessed the flight of two unidentified flying objects near Cypress North Houston Road and North Eldridge Parkway Oct. 23 before departing to Galveston with a visiting relative.

Rebecca Stark, a resident of Timberlake Forest, said she and her brother-in-law Cliff were preparing to take her brother, Wayne Jones, to the beach when she saw the objects in flight.

Advertisement

"It was a gorgeous morning," Stark said. "Here I saw something in the sky and I looked at it again and thought, what is that? It was really far up... it was really high up there [in the sky] and it followed the line of a large contrail."

The two cigar-shaped objects followed parallel to the cloud of exhaust, Stark said, before moving perpendicular with each other.

Following the object's odd shift in movement, Stark said she went to grab her binoculars she uses regularly for bird watching. That is when her brother said the objects shifted again in the sky, forming a line one right after the other.

"It changed shape and moved around, it was so strange," Jones said. "When I saw it changed shape, I knew it wasn't an airplane."

Jones, a two-term alderman from Mountain Grove, Mo., said the objects moved "extremely fast, and without making a sound."

A few calls to the National Weather Service, local news agencies and other officials have yield no explanation for the unusual craft, but Stark and Jones said they will continue to search for answers.

According to Fletcher Gray, a local field investigator for the Mutual UFO Network, sightings like those observed by Stark are not uncommon.

"In the last few months, sightings in the area have increased," Gray said. "This area is a hot spot for UFO activity, everywhere from the Cy-Fair area to Katy to areas along the I-10 corridor."

Gray said he investigates dozens of local sightings each year for MUFON, an international group dedicated to the scientific study of the UFO phenomenon.

The average time to investigate depends on the case, said Gray, who looks forward to receiving Stark's report in an effort to find the answers she and her brothers seek.

In the meantime, Jones said the effects of the sighting have been life-altering.

"It changed my life in some ways," Jones said. "It made me feel like a different person. It made me open my mind to a different dimension and different ideas. It sounds crazy, but it has changed me."

Likewise, Stark said she has an interest in space and astronomy, but never really considered herself a follower of paranormal study.

"Was I some sort of a UFO kook? The answer is no," Stark said. "We're just looking for answers."

For more information on MUFON, visit their Web site at www.mufon.com.

I remember one night back in Highschool driving to drop off our girlfriends late one night in Northampton and seeing something quite incredible in the night sky. A few days later I learned it was a Russian space station that fell out of orbit back into the atmosphere.

i live on 1960 and i45N (not terribly far from the airport). is it possible she saw an airplane?

i walk my dog late evenings and early mornings and sometimes light does weird stuff to the planes. sometimes you swear you are seeing this GIANT object approaching (and planes really are massive ... but i mean bigger than that), but it is how light plays on our eyes sometimes.

anyhow, maybe she did see a UFO ... who knows?

one more thing, if i am not mistaken, there is a municipal airport out in the cy-fair area, is there not?

isn't there also a small airport out in the cy-fair area? like right along 290 somewhere? when you drive out that way you are always seeing airplanes zooming about.

There is. Cypress and Katy are also very popular areas for remote control hobby airplanes, because of all the empty fields. The reason she thought it changed shape was probably because the person controlling it was doing sideways tilts and other maneuvers. A hobby plane wouldn't explain the contrail cloud though.

There is. Cypress and Katy are also very popular areas for remote control hobby airplanes, because of all the empty fields. The reason she thought it changed shape was probably because the person controlling it was doing sideways tilts and other maneuvers. A hobby plane wouldn't explain the contrail cloud though.

true. i did not mean to imply that she was hallucinating or did not see what she thought she saw, just offering an alternate 'theory'.

I think that she is crazy. Come on if a alien was going to visit us or "SPY" on us, why would they check out timberlake estates. Don't you think they would rather view the 5th ward or downtown were all the action is.

They might've been monitoring our sitcoms from very afar and are curious as heck about life in a real Earth suburban setting.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post., but i'd like to say i saw a flying saucer close up in the backroads of Katy hovering over a cowfield in November of 2006. Object was HUGE! it was soon followed by military choppers. And also read of other reports in the Cypress/ katy Area around the same time. All these UFO sightings are real. It seems they are visiting Texas and the Houston area is a hot spot. Keep looking up. Thank you

I have been watching UFO Hunters and they had a recent episode about the UFOs up around Ft. Worth. They said in the episode that the UFO swarm has been moving south to the Houston area.

Maybe we'll be blessed with UFO sightings (I for one am psyched!) and possibly even some up close and personal alien observations.

A Cypress woman and two family members witnessed the flight of two unidentified flying objects near Cypress North Houston Road and North Eldridge Parkway Oct. 23 before departing to Galveston with a visiting relative.

So, these two UFOs departed for Galveston to visit relatives? Shouldn't authorities just interview the relatives to find out why their kin are flying UFOs around Cypress?

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to UFO Sighting In Cypress

Archived