The View From Uptown

TexasStar

Beautiful. I wish Houston could have clarity like that. (SMOG)

First of all, Dallas is in the top 10 regarding smog. Secondly, they most certainly had a front blow through which answers the clarity. Houston has some wonderful crisp days that are great for photo's.

As an example I took these in Houston a few weeks ago.

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

Nice! I love this shot with the idyllic, meandering stream.

Is it open for recreation?

DSC_0438.jpg

I'm always amazed when I see a picture of ONE SHELL PLAZA almost dwarfed.

For a tower that is 714 feet tall to look so relatively small really brings home the terrific scale of the Houston skyline.

DSC_0203.jpg

Nice! I love this shot with the idyllic, meandering stream.

Is it open for recreation?

DSC_0438.jpg

Meandering stream! Them's fightin' words, podnuh!

:D

That is the (in)famous Buffalo Bayou. And, yes, they are trying like hell to make it recreational. I'm not ready to call it a successful effort, yet.

Meandering. I love the word. The cool thing is that Buffalo Bayou has given Houston the Port of Houston ... an international port that "delivers the goods." Yeah, we get crystal clear days after fronts come through as well. Great pics of First City Texas. Great pics of Dallas as well. Why is Dallas skinny? The buildings look like they have been at weight watches for a few months. :blush:

:wub: peace on earth :wub:

Meandering. I love the word. The cool thing is that Buffalo Bayou has given Houston the Port of Houston ... an international port that "delivers the goods." Yeah, we get crystal clear days after fronts come through as well. Great pics of First City Texas. Great pics of Dallas as well. Why is Dallas skinny? The buildings look like they have been at weight watches for a few months. :blush:

:wub: peace on earth :wub:

lanier_web.jpg

Elyse? Elyse Lanier? Is that you?

:lol:

Love those Hoston Photos. Great job Gary.

Both pics of both cities are gorgeous. Kudos to TexasStar and Gary for capturing Dallas and Houston on clear days. Point has been made about Houston having clear days just like Dallas. With all due respect, let's steer this thread back to its original intent, recognizing shots of Uptown Dallas. :)

Archived