Possum Kingdom Lake

TexasStar

Just a scant 100 miles west of Dallas (70 miles west of FW) lies this beautiful lake and the Cliffs Resort.

Who says the DFW area lacks natural beauty? People who don't get out and explore, that's who.

That's right, a beach, sand and all.

109248713-L.jpg

109248730-L.jpg

109248737-L.jpg

109248813-L.jpg

And you can take all the "dam" pictures you want.

109248744-L.jpg

109248749-L.jpg

109248761-L.jpg

109248769-L.jpg

109248791-L.jpg

Yes, those little dots are cattle and that's one BIG ranch.

109248783-L.jpg

I do have to call BS on including PK as part of the "Metroplex".

The"Metroplex" is the only word in the language that must always be used in quotes.

"A scant 100 miles"? :lol::lol::lol: Oh the beautiful DFW area, is there anything they can't boast? They have hills, cliffs, lakes, and the most dynamic city known to man.

All smartassness aside (is that a word), the pictures are beautiful.

"A scant 100 miles"? :lol::lol::lol: Oh the beautiful DFW area, is there anything they can't boast? They have hills, cliffs, lakes, and the most dynamic city known to man.

Thanks, Gary.

And actually, I figured you guys would really appreciate the "scant" 100 miles remark, since one can probably drive that far in a straight line in Houston and never get out of the city limits. :D

Thanks, Gary.

And actually, I figured you guys would really appreciate the "scant" 100 miles remark, since one can probably drive that far in a straight line in Houston and never get out of the city limits. :D

You wanna talk about our sprawl :lol::lol::lol:

When the DFW area sprawls about almost 2xs as much as Houston. and now trying to gobble up Sherman.Denson area. Not to mention the city if Dallas sprwals quite a bit by itself. And yall need help of a million other communitys to be complete. :lol:

Don't be a hipocrit.

When the DFW area sprawls about almost 2xs as much as Houston. and now trying to gobble up Sherman.Denson area.

DFW metro is smaller (sprawl/area-wise)than the Houston metro. Also, I don't think there is any effort to gobble up Sherman/"Denson" but there is the opposite going on, with Sherman doing the pulling in an organized (city councils etc..) effort.

Jason

DFW metro is smaller (sprawl/area-wise)than the Houston metro. Also, I don't think there is any effort to gobble up Sherman/"Denson" but there is the opposite going on, with Sherman doing the pulling in an organized (city councils etc..) effort.

Jason

Take a good look at D/FW metro figures. Dallas/Ft. Worth shows 1407 sq mi and Houston metro shows 1295 sq mi.

http://www.demographia.com/db-ua2000pop.htm

Sorry Jason, try again!

Jason

Jason, Jason, Jason... Zebra was certainly incorrect in his statement, but you know very well that the Houston and D-FW MSA's are almost exactly the same size, within a rounding error of each other. (We just covered this in another thread recently; wasn't there something like a 5 square mile difference?) And any judgment of "sprawl" has to consider the "urbanized area" and density. D-FW has a larger urbanized area and lower population density (i.e., greater sprawl). (not by a huge margin, but there you have it.)

As to "gobbling up" Sherman/Denison", what is the organized effort on the part of city councils? How would that work? I mean, they are either in or out based on Census Bureau definitions; I don't know what a city council could do to change that (and as we have discussed before, they HAVE already been added to the D-FW Consolidated Statistical Area).

As to "gobbling up" Sherman/Denison", what is the organized effort on the part of city councils? How would that work? I mean, they are either in or out based on Census Bureau definitions; I don't know what a city council could do to change that (and as we have discussed before, they HAVE already been added to the D-FW Consolidated Statistical Area).

If they passed a city ordinance that encourages the illegals from Farmer's Branch to live in Sherman/Denison, but then forbids local businesses from hiring them, the illegals would then have to go to Dallas to work. This would satisfy the Census definition of having 50% of a city's residents commuting to the central county, thereby making Sherman/Denison part of the DAFWIGPPRAS/D Metroplex.

Archived