Sign in to follow this  
gto250us

Rice Hotel

JFK spent his last night on earth in the Rice Hotel in Houston. Does anyone know what that room is used for now that the Rice has been converted to lofts? Does someone live in it, is it a museum or a storage closet?

• Like 1

JFK spent his last night on earth in the Rice Hotel in Houston. Does anyone know what that room is used for now that the Rice has been converted to lofts? Does someone live in it, is it a museum or a storage closet?

not much to go on (and nothing too detailed), but this site mentions it:

http://www.lonestarspirits.org/haunthouston.html

The room in which John F. Kennedy spent his last night on Earth has been home to cold spots, rattling doors & beds as well as balls of light. Perhaps the ghost of the late President is making himself known. Ghost dancers have been seen in the ballroom, and one of our own team members saw a lady in white pacing where the balcony USED to be.

and here's a picture of the room:

http://pictopia.com/perl/gal?process=galle...=houston:131181

• Like 1

I guess Houston and FW do have something in common,both are where JFK spent his last night on earth.

The hotel in FW I THOUGHT was his last is very creepy.

• Like 1

not much to go on (and nothing too detailed), but this site mentions it:

http://www.lonestarspirits.org/haunthouston.html

The room in which John F. Kennedy spent his last night on Earth has been home to cold spots, rattling doors & beds as well as balls of light. Perhaps the ghost of the late President is making himself known. Ghost dancers have been seen in the ballroom, and one of our own team members saw a lady in white pacing where the balcony USED to be.

and here's a picture of the room:

http://pictopia.com/perl/gal?process=galle...=houston:131181

JFK used the International Suite on the 5th floor of the Rice to change clothes and rest before going to the Coliseum.

He spent his last night in Rm. 850 of the Texas Hotel in Ft. Worth.

• Like 1

JFK used the International Suite on the 5th floor of the Rice to change clothes and rest before going to the Coliseum.

He spent his last night in Rm. 850 of the Texas Hotel in Ft. Worth.

That's correct...spoke to hundreds at a Breakfast in the Hotel Ballroom, and then went outside to speak to the crowd there in what is now Sundance Square. His last speech. He and Jackie flew to Dallas, where as we all know, he was shot before he made it to the luncheon at the Trade Mart.

• Like 1

family history has it that JFK spoke here(sorry, I don't remember,was an infant) and then left for Dallas. Cut to early 2000's, was looking at apts in the Rice Lofts-I was shown an apt on the 13th floor(!) and it had a plaque on the inside of the door naming it the JFK Suite-the last place that he spent the night here. The rental agent said that they were not renting it at the time as they were having "problems" with the AC(!!)

family history has it that JFK spoke here(sorry, I don't remember,was an infant) and then left for Dallas. Cut to early 2000's, was looking at apts in the Rice Lofts-I was shown an apt on the 13th floor(!) and it had a plaque on the inside of the door naming it the JFK Suite-the last place that he spent the night here. The rental agent said that they were not renting it at the time as they were having "problems" with the AC(!!)

See post #4...and welcome!