Rumsfeld resigning...

Parrothead

This news is PLEASING to my ears. I am so glad to see him go, but he is just the top. There are about 12 others i want to follow him out the door. That will cause me to dance a jig of exteme glee in the middle of my street!!!! :D:D:D:D

The first action by the new Pentagon leader, who is an Aggie, is to order the Army 50,000 horses.

damn ... this is major! is he resigning or did rove force him out?

This news is PLEASING to my ears. I am so glad to see him go, but he is just the top. There are about 12 others i want to follow him out the door. That will cause me to dance a jig of exteme glee in the middle of my street!!!! :D:D:D:D

yeah, condi (as much as i love seeing a sistah in power) and cheney leaving would be a nice compliment to the rumsfeld announcement.

yeah, condi (as much as i love seeing a sistah in power) and cheney leaving would be a nice compliment to the rumsfeld announcement.

Ooh, wouldn't THAT be sweet! Then maybe we could have a Secy of State that actually fit the job description, as opposed to playing Lt. Secretary of Defense.

Now, Cheney, I got to disagree. If Grumps left, what would Jon Stewart do for new material? :lol:

Just curious to what your issue is with Rice, she will now have someone in position that will actually work with her instead of trying to run the entire show. Rumsfeld is a self serving POS, and listened to input from no one. Gated will be a breath of fresh air to the position and will work with all his team mates to get things headed in the right direction in Iraq, like HOME! Rice has been in conflict with Rumsfeld from day one IMHO. Give her the benefit of the doubt on this, I think she will impress you.

Yo Moonman, what's your opinion about Robert as the new Secretary of Defense? Is he compitant? I know he's experienced, but I never really heard of him before today. What do you think he will do that Rumsfeld didn't do? Remember, we still have the same President. How much of a policy change could there be with Aggie of Defense in office?

The first action by the new Pentagon leader, who is an Aggie, is to order the Army 50,000 horses.

Those "horses" will be in more M-Abrahms Tanks. That CIA spook knows what he is dealing with over there. I think it is a good choice by the Pres.

Yo Moonman, what's your opinion about Robert as the new Secretary of Defense? Is he compitant? I know he's experienced, but I never really heard of him before today. What do you think he will do that Rumsfeld didn't do? Remember, we still have the same President. How much of a policy change could there be with Aggie of Defense in office?

Rice is one highly intelligent and determined woman. A very big straight shooter and i love that. The other 12 i was referring to are all in the upper echelon of the Pentagon. They are names you would probably not know but are people that have a lot of power and influence. It will not be enough to just remove the pitbull,Rumsfeld, but will have to also remove his little minions too. I have stated before that my problem with him was his choice in direction for the US Military. Im not a believer in this "leaner meaner" stuff they are speaking of. The new guy is "old school". Hopefully there will be some swift and positive changes.

I dunno, but the Dem's "victory" will be short-lived unless Nancy Pelosi can keep her mouth shut--and I DOUBT she can do that.

Well, if her one on one interview with CNN today was an indication of how she will lead the House, then I am impressed. She was inclusive. She was articulate. She failed to get suckered into partisan bantering. Heck, she even corrected the interviewer when he tried to misuse an old quote of hers. I hope she can keep that up and not get suckered into partisan politics or seeking revenge for 12 years of Republican domination. There's a real chance for BOTH PARTIES to work together now to not only figure out a plan for Iraq but also to restore the average American's faith in our government.

Rice is one highly intelligent and determined woman. A very big straight shooter and i love that. The other 12 i was referring to are all in the upper echelon of the Pentagon. They are names you would probably not know but are people that have a lot of power and influence. It will not be enough to just remove the pitbull,Rumsfeld, but will have to also remove his little minions too.

I understand that part...

I have stated before that my problem with him was his choice in direction for the US Military. Im not a believer in this "leaner meaner" stuff they are speaking of. The new guy is "old school". Hopefully there will be some swift and positive changes.

I've heard quiet a few conservatives say the same thing about Rumsfeld earlier today. What do you think Rumsfeld should have done differently after Sadaam lost control that would have made Iraq a better situation for Iraqis and Americans today? And what positive changes would Aggie of Defense have to make to improve Iraq's situation from what it is today?

I understand that part...

I've heard quiet a few conservatives say the same thing about Rumsfeld earlier today. What do you think Rumsfeld should have done differently after Sadaam lost control that would have made Iraq a better situation for Iraqis and Americans today? And what positive changes would Aggie of Defense have to make to improve Iraq's situation from what it is today?

Let the generals do thier jobs with little or no interference!

The "leaner meaner" stuff is of big concern to me. Too much confidence is being placed in some weapons systems that he has been shoving down the throats of some of the brass since he took over the helm. These systems are beautiful and are very extraodinary. The next 2-6 years, you will see some amazing stuff enter the military branches. The problem with the systems is that they eliminate the multiple redundancies and that makes them more vulnerable. In the "old school" days, that would have been unthinkable. They harbor way too many complex components to be the total backbone of the American military juggernaut, and backbone is what they are being set up as. If i were one of those generals or admirals, i would have resigned long ago in protest of it. Hopefully there will be some swift sensible change.

I dont dislike MR Rumsfeld, but i strongly disagree with his direction. He is truely a patriot and i think hes very "intelligent" :D:D He had a tough job to do, but unfortunately his arrogance got in the way and blinded him from carrying it out properly.

May have to get my dancing shoes ready, just caught the tail end of a news report on MSNBC that says "Gates may fire all of the top civilian employees put in place by Rumsfeld". That would take care of the 12 i was speaking of. I sure hope it is true!!! This move gives me more confidence in his appointment!

Let the generals do thier jobs with little or no interference!

The "leaner meaner" stuff is of big concern to me. Too much confidence is being placed in some weapons systems that he has been shoving down the throats of some of the brass since he took over the helm. These systems are beautiful and are very extraodinary. The next 2-6 years, you will see some amazing stuff enter the military branches. The problem with the systems is that they eliminate the multiple redundancies and that makes them more vulnerable. In the "old school" days, that would have been unthinkable. They harbor way too many complex components to be the total backbone of the American military juggernaut, and backbone is what they are being set up as. If i were one of those generals or admirals, i would have resigned long ago in protest of it. Hopefully there will be some swift sensible change.

I dont dislike MR Rumsfeld, but i strongly disagree with his direction. He is truely a patriot and i think hes very "intelligent" :D:D He had a tough job to do, but unfortunately his arrogance got in the way and blinded him from carrying it out properly.

I fully agree with you on this, well, except for Rumsfeld. History will not be kind to Rumsfeld. Chucking the Powell Doctrine out of sheer arrogance and thinking you can subdue 10's of millions of pissed-off people with a 100,000 soldiers is the #1 root of our current malaise in Iraq.

• 3 weeks later...
i say, get him in their quickly and let's see what kinda ideas and plans he has.

There are some things he can do in week 1 that will let me know if he is going to pursue a different path than Rummy or if he plans to push along, business as usual. I hope hes planning on making some major changes.

Archived