2006 Elections

RedScare

Thought I'd start an election thread for posting thoughts, rumors, and general venom. :lol:

Best line I've heard so far (it's early): A Republican analyst, commenting that Democrats have not stated what they would do if elected to a majority, said "If the dog catches the car, what happens next?"

Aside from that being true, I think this was a good strategy by the Dems. Republicans wanted specifics, so they could beat Dems over the head with them. Dems wisely focused on the message that Republicans screwed it up, so they should be replaced. It may not give the voter much to decide on, but making the election a referendum on Iraq is far smarter than going into Kerryesque wonkish details that can be used to distract the voter from Republican mistakes.

To me, neither party has any credible leadership, so I'm thinking of voting for "none of the above" this year.

Just write in my handle, "TheNiche". Remember--vote twice! :P

Best line I've heard so far (it's early): A Republican analyst, commenting that Democrats have not stated what they would do if elected to a majority, said "If the dog catches the car, what happens next?"

I once had a dog that caught the car. It got run over and died.

Archived