1100 Louisiana: Office Skyscraper At 1100 Louisiana St.

MidtownCoog

It's SNOWING!!!

LOL

Who knows. I'm remember growing up in the sugar cane areas of Louisiana and during the fall we would have black specs falling from the air like in Schindler's List. It was from the burn process on the sugar fields to burn off all the excess and leave the main portion of the cane for harvest

Cool.

Meanwhile I'm on a second floor in a suburban office in Northwest Crossing (290 and Hollister).

The only good views I get is when I go to the six floor to bother our accounting and marketing departments. I can see all the skylines of Houston except for the TMC since it falls behind Greeway in my view.

• 1 year later...
If so, they didn't do a very good job. Dallas' Lincoln Plaza looks more like SFO's BofA than does 1100 Louisiana.

I should have re-worded it differently... 1100 "pays homage" to BofA in San Francisco. They were both designed by Skidmore & Owings.

Lincoln Plaza doesn't look more like anything other then Marathon Tower. Yes, they have bay windows, but both Marathon's & Lincoln's Horizontal windows wrap around, without any seperations. And BofA doesn't have 3 angles in the bay windows, only 2. So in that sense, 1100, Marathon, and Lincoln do look like each other, more so then BofA.

I just did this morning. Damn screen saver fooled me!

I like this building, but the dirty smokers are geting out of control. They look like a bunch of animals hiding in the bushes.

Nasty!

His excuse for not providing them, is "The Glass makes the pictures look funny".

I just got a new PC this weekend and am now offically back in the picture business. Intel

I just did this morning. Damn screen saver fooled me!

I like this building, but the dirty smokers are geting out of control. They look like a bunch of animals hiding in the bushes.

Nasty!

I just got a new PC this weekend and am now offically back in the picture business. Intel

I have been meaning to take pictures of the support beams in Heritage Plaza. They are something you can only see from way up here.

I've heard about those, and can barely see an outline of them at certain times of day if I'm looking really closely. They're very odd. Diagonal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

1100 LOUISIANA AWARDED LEED® GOLD CERTIFICATION

(HOUSTON) – The Houston office of Hines, the international real estate firm, announced today that 1100 Louisiana has received Gold certification under the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED® rating system for Existing Buildings (EB).

Developed, leased and managed by Hines, 1100 Louisiana is a 1.4 million-square-foot, 55-story office tower located downtown Houston. Clad in Spanish Rose granite, the building was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill and was completed by Hines in 1980.

Under Hines’ management, the building has earned the ENERGY STAR® label six times and has a current rating of 87. As a result, the building performs 40 percent better and saves $1.34 in energy costs per square foot per year when compared to the national average building. This translates to estimated greenhouse gas reductions equivalent to removing approximately 2,125 passenger vehicles from the road.

Green building features and programs include: reduced heat island effect; reduced nighttime light pollution; a 31.5 percent reduction in indoor potable water use; comprehensive commissioning; installation of low-mercury lamps; building waste diversion of 50 percent; green cleaning; and alternative transportation options for commuters, among other things. Hines worked closely with Kirksey’s EcoServices group, which played an instrumental role in managing the administrative aspects of the LEED certification process.

Hines Senior Vice President of Operations Cliff Gann said, “1100 Louisiana is an excellent example of a holistic approach to buildings. Good design augmented by operational expertise yields a better tenant experience and lower operating expenses for tenants and owners alike. LEED Gold was a natural target for this property.”

1100 Louisiana is 98 percent leased to tenants, including: Enterprise Products; Enbridge Midcoast Energy; Forest Oil Company; King & Spalding; and Vitol Inc.; among others.

Globally Hines is responsible for 145 projects, representing more than 89 million square feet that have been certified, pre-certified or registered under the various LEED rating systems. Hines was a founding member of the German Sustainable Building Council, and is active in the BRE Environmental Assessment Method program in the United Kingdom and the Haute Qualité Environnementale program in France.

In 2009, Hines was recognized by the EPA, for the second time, with the ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award; Hines has 138 buildings, representing approximately 77 million square feet that have earned the ENERGY STAR label. Twelve Hines development or redevelopment projects, representing more than six million square feet, have been designated as Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR.

Hines is a privately owned real estate firm involved in real estate investment, development and property management worldwide. The firm’s historical and current portfolio of projects that are underway, completed, acquired and managed for third parties includes 1,111 properties representing more than 449 million square feet of office, residential, mixed-use, industrial, hotel, medical and sports facilities, as well as large, master-planned communities and land developments. Hines has offices in more than 100 cities in 17 countries and controls assets valued at approximately $22.9 billion. Visit www.hines.com for more information. To learn more about sustainability at Hines, visit www.hines.com/sustainability.

-----------

1100 Louisiana is also known by some as Enterprise Plaza.

• 4 years later...

elnina999 has added a photo to the pool:

Enterprise Plaza

Enterprise Plaza is a 55-story, 230 m skyscraper at 1100 Louisiana Street in downtown Houston, Texas The headquarters of Enterprise Products is located in the Enterprise Plaza.
Often overlooked because of its flashy neighbors, its pink granite ads an element of contrast to its green neighbor, Wells Fargo Plaza.

Click here to view this photo at the HAIF Photo Pool on Flickr

• The title was changed to 1100 Louisiana: Office Skyscraper At 1100 Louisiana St.

Archived