Earth Quest Adventures

Boris

So exciting! I can't wait to see progress on this and watch it through to its completion. Hopefully it turns out to be everything that is being imagined.

Well, here's some progress, which is more than meeting my personal expectations:

Click on Contour Entertainment's web link underlined below, then go to the 'IN THE WORKS' tab at the bottom of their page. From there, click on 'EarthQuest' in the little animated laboratory, and catch three new renderings, along with an expanded rendering that has been previously seen of the EarthQuest Institiute building.

www.contourentertainment.com

How exciting is this?!...

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Today on the 6:00pm on channel 13 (abc13), they will show plans for a new theme park planned for Tomball. Is Earth Quest's location considered Tomball? Or is this a totally different theme park? The plans they showed in the previews looked similar to some of Earth Quest's plans.

Today on the 6:00pm on channel 13 (abc13), they will show plans for a new theme park planned for Tomball. Is Earth Quest's location considered Tomball? Or is this a totally different theme park? The plans they showed in the previews looked similar to some of Earth Quest's plans.

No. Totally different theme park.

Tomball, i'm guessing "GRAND TEXAS"

As up said, its totally different: a Western Theme Park

Heres the thread:http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/index.php?showtopic=21047&pid=332163&st=0entry332163

Yeah, I saw it on the news. So I wonder will they have roller coasters? That's what makes a theme park if you ask me.

Edit: OK, thanks UpuPUp! I see the info you added.

That's cool about that park in Tomball. Houston goes from one theme park, to none, to two. Nice.

I think the consensus among a few on here is that the Tomball "theme" park is loose at best to be considered and "theme park" in the scheme of things. It's extra hype from the media to get people excited about it.

It's more like Fame City/Time Square/Main Event with outdoor activities.

But a park is a park.

And don't forget about the Kemah Boardwalk and the Downtown Aquarium. Not exactly 'theme parks' but there are rides and attractions. Something could be brewing at the Flagship Hotel Peer later this year too. We haven't heard anything about that weird Snow Mountain project in a long while, but you never know.

Who knows, one day you might wake up to find that Houston has something for families to do on every side of the metro. But just to keep it in perspective, Houston doesn't have any real theme parks at the moment. However, I remain optimistic that all that will change in 2 or 3 years.

Those Earth Quest renderings are amazing. This could be the quality theme park I've always dreamed Houston would have. Grand Texas looks interesting. It doesn't look like it will be a real theme park in the traditional sense when it opens, but it could still be a great place to spend a day. Also, at 100 acres it sounds like there is at least a possibility that it could turn into something big one day. A lot of big theme parks started off small, with no rides or roller coasters and grew into something major.

At least Grand Texas has a website (cheezy as it may be). We've been waiting forever for an official Earth Quest website. But in this scary economy, I'm just happy that there are still signs that the project is moving forward.

And don't forget about the Kemah Boardwalk and the Downtown Aquarium. Not exactly 'theme parks' but there are rides and attractions. Something could be brewing at the Flagship Hotel Peer later this year too. We haven't heard anything about that weird Snow Mountain project in a long while, but you never know.

Who knows, one day you might wake up to find that Houston has something for families to do on every side of the metro. But just to keep it in perspective. Technically, Houston doesn't have any theme parks at the moment. However, I remain optimistic that all that will change in 2 or 3 years.

Those Earth Quest renderings are amazing. This could be the quality theme park I've always dreamed Houston would have. Grand Texas looks interesting. It doesn't look like it will be a real theme park in the traditional sense when it opens, but it could still be a great place to spend a day. Also, at 100 acres it sounds like there is at least a possibility that it could turn into something big one day. A lot of big theme parks started off small and with no rides or roller coasters and grew into something major.

At least Grand Texas has a website (cheezy as it may be). We've been waiting forever for an official Earth Quest website. But in this scary economy, I'm just happy that there are still signs that the project is moving forward.

True, I can't argue that Grand Texas has potential, but at the moment, it's initial offering underwhelming and frankly exist in pieces in other parts of Houston. Earth Quest Adventure seems like a pipe dream still, even with the proposed renderings.

I hope that it maintains it's momentum and does not get downsized or postponed.

Who knows, one day you might wake up to find that Houston has something for families to do on every side of the metro. But just to keep it in perspective, Houston doesn't have any real theme parks at the moment. However, I remain optimistic that all that will change in 2 or 3 years.

Those Earth Quest renderings are amazing. This could be the quality theme park I've always dreamed Houston would have. Grand Texas looks interesting. It doesn't look like it will be a real theme park in the traditional sense when it opens, but it could still be a great place to spend a day. Also, at 100 acres it sounds like there is at least a possibility that it could turn into something big one day. A lot of big theme parks started off small, with no rides or roller coasters and grew into something major.

I dont really consider the Downtown Aquarium a theme park...an attraction nonetheless

The closest thing to a theme park in Houston is the Kemah Boardwalk....it at least has a roller coaster

Earth Quest seems like a resort, though....(would that mean higher prices??)

That's what a lot of people said about the Houston Pavilions, a light rail system, the Astrodome and a lot of other things in Houston.

And Tootsie's monorail network, our 150-story world's tallest, Houston Olympics, downtown subways, Disney Katy...

gallery_723_64_49359.jpg

I can't tell if that is AstroSnow covered hills or The Bolivar Ike Ride.

And Tootsie's monorail network, our 150-story world's tallest, Houston Olympics, downtown subways, Disney Katy...

Yes, nothing EVER gets built in or near Houston. There is nothing here but an empty field with 6 million people just standing around looking at each other.

Seriously, there is great reason to believe this project will be built. But if you want to only focus on the cool things that don't get built in Houston - knock yourself out and have a good life, I'm sure you'll be very happy and go far.

gallery_723_64_49359.jpg

I can't tell if that is AstroSnow covered hills or The Bolivar Ike Ride.

How long until that white ice turns dirty brown? I know it won't be real ice, but can they keep something so white clean for very long? I hope so.

I think the consensus among a few on here is that the Tomball "theme" park is loose at best to be considered and "theme park" in the scheme of things. It's extra hype from the media to get people excited about it.

But a park is a park.

Your right here is the link to the video: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=6905551 but at least Tomball residents will have a "park" I wouldnt go as far as to say a "full blown six flags theme park".

But a park is a park.

Fame City was the bomb back in 1986, and will the mountion in the rendering be call Mount Houston?

biggrin.gif

http://www.tshaonlin...s/MM/hrmuq.html

I'm still skeptical about the thing as I am with anything lately. I'm not excited about it, just a tad hopefull. When/if they break ground and when I see some progress and they don't decide to scale it down, then I'll be excited. The renderings look almost too good to be true. The only thing I don't really care for is the snowy portion. I hate snow whether it's real or artificial. Especially outdoor fake snow. There's a water park at Disney with fake outdoor snow as part of the landscape/theme. I've never been, but I don't like it just from what I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived