Earth Quest Adventures

Boris

Nope. None at all. I don't know how you could see that as competiton. For a family in Alabama that wants to go see Mickey Mouse, would they go to Hong Kong, or the one right down there in Florida? Unless they are loaded with cash, they would go to the one in Florida.

Here's some updates on the Dubai dinosaur park - it's called Restless Planet. Scheduled to open in late 2008.

http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/UAE/229345

http://www.menareport.com/en/business/202687/

I would expect that Earthquest is going to use pretty much the same technology.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's some updates on the Dubai dinosaur park - it's called Restless Planet. Scheduled to open in late 2008.

http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/UAE/229345

http://www.menareport.com/en/business/202687/

I would expect that Earthquest is going to use pretty much the same technology.

I have a presentation that received by email. I could post it in a shared location somewhere if any interest. It is the overall plan of Dubai - so impressive one just sits in awe. I do not know if this particular park is part of the huge park they have planned there which will be twice the size of Disneyworld. Dubai is plannigng for the day they run out of oil. Actually, they are already incrementing their tourism by leaps and bounds. The presentation plays "Born Free" for obvious reasons (to me anyway). This presentation is the best that I have seen yet on Dubai.

• 5 weeks later...

Apparently this is reporting way more land than we thought earlier:

"Will occupy some 1,500 acres and include the Earth Quest Institute, a theme park,

retail centers, hotels, as well as residential."

http://products.rednews.com/base/member/mw...ties_July08.pdf

Also, the H-GAC April 2008 Montgomery County Transit Plan says this...

In addition, as development of the Earth Quest Adventures theme park near US 59 continues, consideration should also be made for public transport linkages between that theme park and other tourist attractions throughout the county. Some of those attractions include the Lone Star Convention Center, the Spring Creek trail system, Lake Conroe, the Woodlands and the higher density residential and commercial developments along IH-45 North Freeway throughout the central core of Montgomery county and into the adjacent counties, Walker, Harris, Liberty and Waller counties.

http://www.h-gac.com/taq/plans_programs/re...nal_4-24-08.pdf (p. 21)

Update from March...

Don Lessem, a leading paleontologist and an advisor to Jurassic Park and Disney Dinosaur films, has chosen to bring EarthQuest Adventures to New Caney, Texas. This is a fifty million dollar project, including hotels, an IMAX, a theme park and a museum. The IMAX will be 4D. Dill says, “If a dinosaur sneezes, you’ll feel it. Water will spring out from your seat.” The 155,000 square foot non-profit museum will be an all green facility with a 200 foot observation center. The plan is to begin moving dirt on the museum either late summer or early fall of this year and will take an estimated 18 to 24 months to build. After museum completion, construction on the rest will follow. The project should be finished by the summer of 2012 at the latest.

http://products.rednews.com/base/member/mw...mercialBuzz.pdf

I'm looking forward to this, but I'm not getting excited until they break ground. I'm always leery about this kind of thing, no matter how much information is released.

Break ground, clear some land, get a couple of things up, then I'll cheer.

Is there a link for Earth Quest, the more info I hear about this the more exciting it gets. I think this is going to be awesome for the Houston area but also for the state of Texas.

Is there a link for Earth Quest, the more info I hear about this the more exciting it gets. I think this is going to be awesome for the Houston area but also for the state of Texas.

no link as far as we know, right now.

Apparently this is reporting way more land than we thought earlier:

"Will occupy some 1,500 acres and include the Earth Quest Institute, a theme park,

retail centers, hotels, as well as residential."

http://products.rednews.com/base/member/mw...ties_July08.pdf

Also, the H-GAC April 2008 Montgomery County Transit Plan says this...

In addition, as development of the Earth Quest Adventures theme park near US 59 continues, consideration should also be made for public transport linkages between that theme park and other tourist attractions throughout the county. Some of those attractions include the Lone Star Convention Center, the Spring Creek trail system, Lake Conroe, the Woodlands and the higher density residential and commercial developments along IH-45 North Freeway throughout the central core of Montgomery county and into the adjacent counties, Walker, Harris, Liberty and Waller counties.

http://www.h-gac.com/taq/plans_programs/re...nal_4-24-08.pdf (p. 21)

Update from March...

Don Lessem, a leading paleontologist and an advisor to Jurassic Park and Disney Dinosaur films, has chosen to bring EarthQuest Adventures to New Caney, Texas. This is a fifty million dollar project, including hotels, an IMAX, a theme park and a museum. The IMAX will be 4D. Dill says,

This will be the largest theme park in the South outside of Disney World. :)

At least in terms of land mass. Since it's gonna be so eco friendly, I wonder how much of it will actually be a ride, museum, etc... I thought much of it would be trees, no?

I think the reason they are saying 1500 acres now is because they are probably including a residential portion into the resort. A year ago, when the papers were reporting that the resort was 250 acres, they had not added in the residential part of the project yet. The theme park part of the resort will probably not be too much larger than most other large theme parks in U.S. Most large theme parks only use about 80-90 acres of land for the actual park area. The 1500 acres that are being discussed now will more than likely include, the theme park, the water park, the museum, the research center, the maintenance areas, the offices, the hotels, the residential components, the imax, the r.v. park, the retail areas, and the parking areas.

And yes, hopefully lots and lots and lots of trees to keep the whole place shady and cool.

I e-mailed the East Montgomery County website (www.emctx.com) to ask if they could provide any new information. They responded and said they didn't have any to share right now, but plans are still on going.

Maybe we can try periodically to get news out of them, assuming they have some.

I wish they'd put up a website that shows development. Walt Disney hosted a weekly TV series similar in the '50s when Disneyland was being built.

So what would you call it? Earth Quest Amusement Park? That doesn't sound too bad. Neither does Earth Quest Adventures, but most people would call it Earth Quest anyway. Much like they do with other parks.

Earth Quest reminds me of "Galaxy Quest". A cheesy movie starring Tim Allen. BTW I have that DVD, never opened, still in its wrap since it came out.

Anything's better than Dinosaur City, which it was initially called. Someone on here, can't remember who, said it reminded them of those roadside reptile exhibits in Florida.

My understanding is that there will be a website or something within the year that we will be able to either go to or call to get updates about Earth Quest Adventures. East Montgomery County Improvement District doesn't have information that they are putting out there right now because I've heard that this project is in the designing phase right now and it's always changing so noone wants to put something out there until they have something definate about the design decided. I've also heard that it is scheduled to open around 2012 and that they should start breaking ground early 2009. It is definately a go from everything I hear out here. When I find out where we can go for more info, i'll post it here!!

My understanding is that there will be a website or something within the year that we will be able to either go to or call to get updates about Earth Quest Adventures. East Montgomery County Improvement District doesn't have information that they are putting out there right now because I've heard that this project is in the designing phase right now and it's always changing so noone wants to put something out there until they have something definate about the design decided. I've also heard that it is scheduled to open around 2012 and that they should start breaking ground early 2009. It is definately a go from everything I hear out here. When I find out where we can go for more info, i'll post it here!!

As much as I want this thing to get off the ground, I'm glad that they seem to not be rushing things. Having the design always changing is a good thing. If this is going to have the kind of impact we are expecting and they are hoping for, they are going to have to do everything perfect. It's the perfect storm for a great entertainment complex.

As much as I want this thing to get off the ground, I'm glad that they seem to not be rushing things. Having the design always changing is a good thing. If this is going to have the kind of impact we are expecting and they are hoping for, they are going to have to do everything perfect. It's the perfect storm for a great entertainment complex.

Yeah, all we have to do is look back at threads of current projects going up. The threads were created two to four years ago. We need patience.

Why is it good that the design is always changing? Because it means they're refining it until they get what they think is best?

• 2 weeks later...
Let me give you an idea as to a potential name of the project if Universal Studios comes aboard......

Guess who owns the rights to "Jurassic Park?" And guess what theme park has "Jurassic Park: The Ride" in use currently? (HINT: Its in Japan)

Universal Studios and a Dino-Themed Park....I can see the name coming already.... "Universal Studios: Jurassic Park"

Now that right there has "tourist attraction" written all over it.....

I just read this. Would make for a perfect name, and nationwide recognition instantly. :D

I just read this. Would make for a perfect name, and nationwide recognition instantly. :D

If the project get builts, and the company falls apart or goes bankrupt soon after openning, expect a large company like Universal to swoop in and do just this.

Smart move to wait and see and let someone else do the dirty work.

If the project get builts, and the company falls apart or goes bankrupt soon after openning, expect a large company like Universal to swoop in and do just this.

Smart move to wait and see and let someone else do the dirty work.

Could this be the possible works of disney....? I did a search and came across this, basically i copied and pasted the whole listing so you can see where i got the Disney from (noted in bold letters:)

Land Features & Description

PRICE REDUCED ANOTHER 5,000. 4 acre lot located in The Commons of Lake Houston. The closest lake front deed restricted acreage community North of Houston. Home sites are deed restricted to a minimum of 2000 sq. ft. and above the FEMA 500 year flood plain. No MUD Taxes and very low property tax rates.

Huffman Independent School District. Ranked 3rd. in the greater Houston Area.

16 to 1 student/teacher ratio. Texas Exemplary/recognized school system.

The lot is in a great location on a Cul-de-Sac street and still heavily wooded.

160 ft frontage. 340 ft in the back.

Lake Houston boat access. Community pool and pavilion.

Disney's Dino Park is being planned just a few minutes north in New Caney. :mellow:

Houstons Grand Parkway also being planned to be nearby.

Save on commission by dealing directly with owner.

Adjacent 4 acre lot is on the market for 125,000

Available Utilities & Services

Electricity, Telephone, Well Water, Septic, Cable/Sat TV, Cell Service, Broadband

Location & Directions

The Commons of Lake Houston is off of FM2100 5 mins north of FM1960 in Huffman. Follow the signs and the sub is on the left. When you enter sub you'll be on Commons Vista. Take that till it ends at Kingwood Drive. Make a left. Your first right will be Lake Commons Ct. It's the second lot on the right with survey markers in the front. 231 Lake Commons Ct.

Feel free to walk it anytime.

What do ya' think?

Archived