Earth Quest Adventures

Boris

What personal agenda? I researched Trey White very thoroughly as I reside in a suburb of Dallas and did not like his flaky water MLM in my hometown. I have worked with numerous enforcement agencies in Texas to protect the public. I am an administrator on the website in my sig and it has no advertising and generates no income. It does have several good threads about Marlin Atlantis and Trey White and the suit with MD Anderson which are good information for those considering investing.

I was very excited about "Dino Don" and his originally planned dinosaur museum. I believe the involvement of Marlin Atlantis suggests much more due diligence is necessary. The taxpayers have a right to the facts as this could turn into a very costly fiasco. The investors could get burned and property values will plummet in the surrounding area if this doesn't get built. Folks that paid inflated prices for their properties are going to be harmed if that should happen. I am concerned for them as well.

I think we should be getting more frequent and substantial updates on this!

Soapboxmom

You don't know what you are talking about. You are spreading a lot of lies on a lot of websites in the past few weeks. I've seen your posts at city-data, skyscrapercity , skyscraper page and houston dino park. It's always the same message and it is filled with misinformation, personal opinions and VERY FEW FACTS. I haven't seen one credible source back you up. You are considered a troll at those other websites. So now you come here.

Please get a life mom.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't know what you are talking about. You are spreading a lot of lies on a lot of websites in the past few weeks. I've seen your posts at city-data, skyscrapercity , skyscraper page and houston dino park. It's always the same message and it is filled with misinformation, personal opinions and VERY FEW FACTS. I haven't seen one credible source back you up. You are considered a troll at those other websites. So now you come here.

Please get a life mom.

Pardon me.

All the issues I have raised are based on the actual court documents, postings by Marlin Atlantis and the very videos of Trey White claiming to be a multi-millionaire that are all catologued on my site etc....

You seem to forget city-data did not want a newbie poster to include links in posts. You can go to my site and read the two pertinent threads and find plenty of links to source documents there. The ball is in your court. You have made the accusation, so quote said lies directly and refute them. You would of course have the documents to prove I am lying, correct???

Soapboxmom

This is just the internet. All it takes is common sense to know when a person is full of it. There is no shortage of internet scams like your website. Sane people know poo when they smell it. You are trying too hard. Your lies stink with effort. This is just a ploy to get people to go to your website. You will be banned from this website soon enough - just like all the others.

Bye Mister Nifty.

This is just the internet. All it takes is common sense to know when a person is full of it. There is no shortage of internet scams like your website. Sane people know poo when they smell it. You are trying too hard. Your lies stink with effort. This is just a ploy to get people to go to your website. You will be banned from this website soon enough - just like all the others.

Bye Mister Nifty.

Sane people rely on source documents.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/40161610/Evolv-Complaint-1

That verifies Trey White's Evolv being sued by MD Anderson.

Following are a few of the numerous Trey White multi-billionaire claims. Those are from a rep who is a personal friend of Trey's and off of the corporate site, not my website you will note:

http://www.myspace.com/muscularchris/photos/69584322#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A69584322%7D

http://blog.evolvhealth.com/evolv-member-spotlight-51010/

Evolv Member Spotlight 5/10/10

by Jonathan Gilliam - Chief Marketing Officer

May 9, 2010 | 9:14 pm

Vice Presidential Director, Sandra & Randall Rozier, McDonough, GA

We have worked in the network marketing industry before, but nothing compares to being prosperity partners with multi-billionaire Trey White, millionaires Robert Dean (our sponsor), and Brent Hicks, who all have the kind of documented success that will propel us all to the next level. Failure is not an option when these guys have your back. Everything they touch turns to gold. Their secret weapons are Dr. Anne Bodak Smith and Justin White. The support they provide around the clock has made it possible for so many of us to “evolv” toward our highest potential in a short period of time. We’re in the major leagues now. No excuses…just results! The training, marketing, distribution strategies, cutting edge technology, and corporate support have been second to none. The Evolv corporate team really extend themselves to make sure we know that “We really are their oxygen!”

“What excites us most about the Evolv opportunity is the Archaea Active formula. It’s exciting to prosper while promoting good health and wellness. Crossing the finish line as Founding Directors with the Collins and Jacksons, and also celebrating the accomplishments our team has achieved in record time provided the confirmation we were looking for that we made the right decision to focus our efforts on this opportunity. We have been blessed with a phenomenal team of believers that are ready to take Evolv to the world! Evolv is providing an opportunity for us to work as a team to help others fulfill their hopes and dreams. Together everyone does achieve more with Evolv…. The other thing that we find exciting is the incredible compensation plan. The generous comp plan has helped us to attract professionals from a cross section of industries, teachers, physicians, nurses, professional athletes, and successful entrepreneurs to Evolv. Our passion for our team’s success and enthusiasm for Evolv has been contagious.

“The advice we have to give to other Evolvers is to keep God first, stay focused, and stay connected to positive people. Those that show up…blow up! Attend every corporate, regional, and local event that you can. The relationships you cultivate in this industry will last you a lifetime. It’s awesome to fellowship and share best practices with other Evolvers from across the country. Set your goals and complete your personal road map to success and make sure that everyone who is evolving with you does the same. What gets measured….gets done. The system works!!

“Individually we average 4 to 6 bottles of Evolv a day. Evolv has truly become our beverage of choice. Our 4 year old Mary Louise loves it and asks for it by name. After 3 days of consistently consuming Evolv, I personally noticed that the discomfort in my feet was much more bearable. Now it’s almost non-existent. I couldn’t wait to Give and Share the good news with my physician, Dr. Ron Watts, who is now an Evolver too!

“See you all over the TOP! Give…Share…Evolv…and Prosper!!”

-Sandra & Randall Rozier (McDonough, Ga)

Nice try! You said, "You are spreading a lot of lies on a lot of websites in the past few weeks." Quote those lies and refute them. I think the preceding cleared up the phony multi-billionaire claims and the lawsuit issue. I neglected to mention Robert Dean abandoned that Evolv Titanic captained by Trey White and took his entire team with him.

Soapboxmom

Sane people rely on source documents.

http://www.scribd.co...olv-Complaint-1

That verifies Trey White's Evolv being sued by MD Anderson.

Following are a few of the numerous Trey White multi-billionaire claims. Those are from a rep who is a personal friend of Trey's and off of the corporate site, not my website you will note:

http://www.myspace.c...2%3A69584322%7D

http://blog.evolvhea...potlight-51010/

Nice try! You said, "You are spreading a lot of lies on a lot of websites in the past few weeks." Quote those lies and refute them. I think the preceding cleared up the phony multi-billionaire claims and the lawsuit issue. I neglected to mention Robert Dean abandoned that Evolv Titanic captained by Trey White and took his entire team with him.

Soapboxmom

yawning__1220901657_91071.jpg

YAWN.

A sane person would never waste their time discussing anything with a troll like you. Your phony documents prove nothing. Stop wasting bandwidth.

...And Trae is right. YAWN!

Then you will find my fake loan docs for Marlin Atlantis and Maw Magnolia LC fascinating no doubt. I am archiving them now.

Soapboxmom

Then you will find my fake loan docs for Marlin Atlantis and Maw Magnolia LC fascinating no doubt. I am archiving them now.

Soapboxmom

I'm sure they will make an excellent liner for the bottom of your bird cage. Is life really that empty? This is getting scary. By all means archive if it will keep you off the streets at night.

https://docs.google.com/?authuser=0#folders/folder.0.0B8Getu8o3OQjNGI3MWU2ZmYtOGJmZS00NGYwLWE3NjMtZjE4YjI4MTRmM2Uw

Entity Information: MAW MAGNOLIA, LP

13455 NOEL RD FL 23

DALLAS, TX 75240-6620

Status:IN GOOD STANDING NOT FOR DISSOLUTION OR WITHDRAWAL through May 16, 2011Registered Agent:JOHN D MARLIN

13455 NOEL ROAD 23RD FLOOR

DALLAS, TX 75240Registered Agent Resignation Date:State of Formation:TXFile Number:0800570583 SOS Registration Date:November 14, 2005Taxpayer Number:32035296808

Entity Information: MAW MAGNOLIA HOLDINGS, LLC

13455 NOEL RD FL 23

DALLAS, TX 75240-6620

Status:IN GOOD STANDING NOT FOR DISSOLUTION OR WITHDRAWAL through May 16, 2011Registered Agent:JOHN D MARLIN

13455 NOEL ROAD 23RD FLOOR

DALLAS, TX 75240Registered Agent Resignation Date:State of Formation:TXFile Number:0800570581 SOS Registration Date:November 14, 2005Taxpayer Number:32018564396

Title:Name and Address:Expiration/Resignation Date:MANAGER DEBORAH A THOMAS

13455 NOEL ROAD SUITE 2300

DALLAS , TX 75240 MANAGER WV HOLDINGS LLC

13455 NOEL ROAD SUITE 2300

DALLAS , TX 75240 Entity Information: WV HOLDINGS, LLC

GALLERIA TOWER II 13455 NOEL ROAD, 23RD

DALLAS, TX 75240-

Status:IN GOOD STANDING NOT FOR DISSOLUTION OR WITHDRAWAL through May 16, 2011Registered Agent:DEBORAH A THOMAS

GALLERIA TOWER II 13455 NOEL ROAD, 23RD FLOOR

DALLAS, TX 75240Registered Agent Resignation Date:State of Formation:TXFile Number:0800324811 SOS Registration Date:April 2, 2004Taxpayer Number:12009713707Title:Name and Address:Expiration/Resignation Date:MANAGER ROSCOE F WHITE III (TREY WHITE)

13455 NOEL ROAD, SUITE 2300

DALLAS , TX 75240

http://www.corporationwiki.com/graphs/roamer.aspx?id=37147062

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice Trey White signing the loan papers for the Dino Park land. Also notice they follow Donald Trump's not so fine example and use lots of dummy corporations (all at the same address) to take out the loans so if it goes belly up Marlin Atlantis isn't left holding the bag. They simply throw away the hat of the little dummy corporation already set up to take the fall be it foreclosure or bankruptcy and walk away laughing (unless of course someone challenges them and pierces the corporate veil!)

Soapboxmom

Here are the loan papers for the Whitestone residential neighborhood planned. Yet more dummy corporations are being used to finance that.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8Getu8o3OQjYTdhNDNiYWItOWZkNi00Zjg1LWI3ODYtZGUyMjg5YjdiMTk5&hl=en

I think Marlin Atlantis has its fingers in way too many pies!

Soapboxmom

I wonder how long ago Soapboxmom got fired from Marlin Atlantis. I can't wait for the EarthQuest to be built. Marlin Atlantis is going to make a fortune. Good for them. They are helping to bring jobs, construction, tourism and more family entertainment to the Houston area. This is a good thing.

Mom, it's obvious that all your pointless dribble/rant is nothing more than a personal grudge you have against M/A. And just in case you haven't noticed - you are the only one interested about what goes on at M/A at this website. After 8 incredibly boring, repetitious, unproductive, negative post, no one is even participating in this discussion except to make fun of you.

You're from Dallas. I think this is a jealousy thing.

BTW, Disney did the same thing (using dummy corporations) in Orlando to acquire all the land it took to build Walt Disney World. America's #1 tourist destination. So what. Whatever it takes.

I wonder how long ago Soapboxmom got fired from Marlin Atlantis. I can't wait for the EarthQuest to be built. Marlin Atlantis is going to make a fortune. Good for them. They are helping to bring jobs, construction, tourism and more family entertainment to the Houston area. This is a good thing.

Amen. I'm very excited for Earth Quest to get built, the plans look really cool and Houston definitely needs a theme park. Hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

Mom, it's obvious that all your pointless dribble/rant is nothing more than a personal grudge you have against M/A. And just in case you haven't noticed - you are the only one interested about what goes on at M/A at this website. After 8 incredibly boring, repetitious, unproductive, negative post, no one is even participating in this discussion except to make fun of you.

You're from Dallas. I think this is a jealousy thing.

BTW, Disney did the same thing (using dummy corporations) in Orlando to acquire all the land it took to build Walt Disney World. America's #1 tourist destination. So what. Whatever it takes.

Hey, Sherlock, let me throw you a bone. I never worked for Marlin Atlantis. Go to the Harvard Law Site linked below and read up. While you are at it type my name in the search --- Heather Dobrott. Happy Reading!

http://www.citmedialaw.org/

Soapboxmom

What if EarthQuest is the greatest single project EVER built in Montgomery County? What if it creates hundred of jobs and brings a steady supply of tourist dollars for decades like Walt Disney World has? What if soapboxmom is just another internet lunatic looking to promote her own sad website?

Here are some helpful links:

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/early_signs_of_mental_distress

http://www.suite101.com/content/detecting-psychological-disorders-a42722

http://www.heartless-*******.com/heartless/collected_quotes.shtml

http://outsideonline...dev_155635.html

That is a great article about Trey White and Marlin Atlantis. Happy reading!

Soapboxmom

Great, an article that describes their PERFECTLY LEGAL business model, and only barely mentions EarthQuest as another one of their projects. They are selling water, there's nothing illegal about that. Obviously Evolv doesn't really cure cancer or anything like that, but it's not like any of those countless diet supplements and male enhancement pills that they advertise on TV work either. But if people are stupid enough to believe that they can be healthy through some lazy, easy way like taking pills or drinking water, then someone is going to make money on that. The only thing that makes me mad about their business plan is that I didn't think of it first.

The fact of the matter is that they are building a pretty awesome looking theme park/development in Houston, and it will bring lots of jobs and money to the economy, especially during construction. If they don't plan on building it at all and are somehow looking to take investor money and run with it, then yes, that's a problem, but there's nothing that suggests that that is going to happen, nor would they be able to get away with it.

Great, an article that describes their PERFECTLY LEGAL business model, and only barely mentions EarthQuest as another one of their projects. They are selling water, there's nothing illegal about that. Obviously Evolv doesn't really cure cancer or anything like that, but it's not like any of those countless diet supplements and male enhancement pills that they advertise on TV work either. But if people are stupid enough to believe that they can be healthy through some lazy, easy way like taking pills or drinking water, then someone is going to make money on that. The only thing that makes me mad about their business plan is that I didn't think of it first.

The fact of the matter is that they are building a pretty awesome looking theme park/development in Houston, and it will bring lots of jobs and money to the economy, especially during construction. If they don't plan on building it at all and are somehow looking to take investor money and run with it, then yes, that's a problem, but there's nothing that suggests that that is going to happen, nor would they be able to get away with it.

How sad! The simple, uneducated, elderly, dying and desperate better watch out. Trey White and his ilk have cheerleaders that don't care who suffers financial losses as long as there is a buck to be made. Not to mention the folks who may forgo medically necessary treatment because these goons convinve them their MLM snakeoil will cure them.

Marlin Atlantis has talked a good game, but last we heard the funding is not secured. They have gotten away with not completing projects several times before. It is also quite apparent these folks are not honest and forthcoming. Who wants to place their money and trust in folks like Trey White? If Marlin Atlantis or whatever names they are using default again and leave us in a lurch who is going to step in and pick up the pieces and get the project back on track???

Soapboxmom

If Marlin Atlantis or whatever names they are using default again and leave us in a lurch who is going to step in and pick up the pieces and get the project back on track???

The nature of business is that it entails a risk of failure. I would grant you that issues of fairness surrounding public policies relating to bankruptcy or business entities that shield individuals from personal liability are subjective and should be debated. But that is a political matter. Marlin Atlantis does appear to be following the rules, however, just the same as most developers.

If business failure is your primary concern, do remember that even if a property gets foreclosed on by a bank, that property is still generating property tax revenue, only it is owed by the bank. If Marlin Atlantis is able to build the theme park so that the property includes a going-concern, then the new owner will continue to operate it (generating sales taxes) and will most likely do so seemlessly so that their customers are unaware of what has transpired.

Marlin Atlantis, their investors, and their lender are taking the risks. If you aren't one of these, then what is your beef with them? They're all big boys; they can make their own decisions, mom.

The nature of business is that it entails a risk of failure. I would grant you that issues of fairness surrounding public policies relating to bankruptcy or business entities that shield individuals from personal liability are subjective and should be debated. But that is a political matter. Marlin Atlantis does appear to be following the rules, however, just the same as most developers.

If business failure is your primary concern, do remember that even if a property gets foreclosed on by a bank, that property is still generating property tax revenue, only it is owed by the bank. If Marlin Atlantis is able to build the theme park so that the property includes a going-concern, then the new owner will continue to operate it (generating sales taxes) and will most likely do so seemlessly so that their customers are unaware of what has transpired.

Marlin Atlantis, their investors, and their lender are taking the risks. If you aren't one of these, then what is your beef with them? They're all big boys; they can make their own decisions, mom.

I think given the business history of Marlin Atlantis and its principles that this park may not get built and if it does, having a little background in construction and having looked at the cost of other theme parks, I think it is very likely they have underestimated the cost by quite a bit. That could lead to bankruptcy, foreclosure and / or a partially completed park that needs tens or hundreds of millions in additional funding to be completed to the point it is usable. How many banks have gone under recently due to just this type of situation? Any investors they brought in get burned badly.

The taxpayers of Texas are spending millions right now throwing bond money at Marlin Atlantis, handling this project and passing legislation. If it doesn't come to fruition the taxpayers get screwed. The folks buying homes and land predicated on that park being built have paid very high dollar. If it isn't built the property values could drop significantly and these folks could end up upside down in their loans and unable to sell. Foreclosures could result causing great economic harm. The taxable values drop and money that was supposed to go for new schools and other things will vanish.

What about the many local businesses that are expanding and new ones coming in that are opening predicated on this park coming to fruition? If this falls through they will suffer financial harm. There is a lot more at stake here than many realize. Many innocent trusting people could get caught in the fallout.

Soapboxmom

I think given the business history of Marlin Atlantis and its principles that this park may not get built and if it does, having a little background in construction and having looked at the cost of other theme parks, I think it is very likely they have underestimated the cost by quite a bit.

I think that if you understood the business process and business law a little better as it pertains to real estate development, then you might at least refine your attacks and be perceived as less of a troll.

First of all, Marlin Atlantis are developers. It does not matter that they do not have in-house construction experience because they do not do the construction, architecture, or structural engineering. Properly managed, each of these functions is handled by a seperate third-party firm that provide checks on the other functions; the developer acts as a kind of team lead and as a liason to investors and lenders.

Do you have extensive construction experience? Do you think yourself qualified to question their cost estimates? What are their cost estimates? Where are you obtaining your cost data? What is your data?

That could lead to bankruptcy, foreclosure and / or a partially completed park that needs tens or hundreds of millions in additional funding to be completed to the point it is usable. How many banks have gone under recently due to just this type of situation? Any investors they brought in get burned badly.

The taxpayers of Texas are spending millions right now throwing bond money at Marlin Atlantis, handling this project and passing legislation. If it doesn't come to fruition the taxpayers get screwed. The folks buying homes and land predicated on that park being built have paid very high dollar. If it isn't built the property values could drop significantly and these folks could end up upside down in their loans and unable to sell. Foreclosures could result causing great economic harm. The taxable values drop and money that was supposed to go for new schools and other things will vanish.

What about the many local businesses that are expanding and new ones coming in that are opening predicated on this park coming to fruition? If this falls through they will suffer financial harm. There is a lot more at stake here than many realize. Many innocent trusting people could get caught in the fallout.

Soapboxmom

That's a good question. Just how many banks have gone under recently due to non-performing loans made to purportedly-dishonest or incompetent theme park developers? Can you name one?

Something that you need to understand is that the purpose of a bank is to lend. That is how they make money; that is how our economy grows. When banks lend too much or at interest rates that are too low, then we're building up to a financial crisis. When banks don't lend enough, that is the financial crisis. You might recall that we just had one of those recently. I sincerely hope that you understand what happens to an economy when investors become so risk-averse that even expensive debt is not there for deserving businesses. Just to have the economic activity would be a blessing.

But consider also that a construction loan for this project will not likely conform with any bank's portfolio criteria. I'd be surprised if a bank turns out to be the lender. It won't be cheap money, either.

As for the equity investors...they don't need your hand-holding, mom. They're big boys, all grown up. They can make their own decisions.

The taxpayers of Texas are spending millions right now throwing bond money at Marlin Atlantis, handling this project and passing legislation. If it doesn't come to fruition the taxpayers get screwed.

Indeed, prior to selecting New Caney as the site, the proposal was shopped around to dozens of communities with the idea of securing as much public financing as possible. This is standard practice with any kind of business venture that is politically saleable. The East Montgomery County Improvement District provided the best deal, by a wide margin. This reflects poorly on the chumps of east Montgomery County, however corporate welfare is standard practice. I find it distasteful and I think it warrants a constitutional amendment to ban the practice, however I cannot blame the developer for playing by the rules.

The fact is, if that money hadn't been blown on this kind of project, it probably would've been blown on a different boondoggle. There are no shortage of savvy developers clamoring for free money; the problem is the free money.

The folks buying homes and land predicated on that park being built have paid very high dollar. If it isn't built the property values could drop significantly and these folks could end up upside down in their loans and unable to sell. Foreclosures could result causing great economic harm. The taxable values drop and money that was supposed to go for new schools and other things will vanish.

You speak in the past tense, as though people are already buying homes and lots. However, development has not commenced at the site. In fact, the residential component is the final phase of the project.

If you're referring to speculative investors buying up large parcels of land in anticipation of developing hotels, restaurants, etc. to serve increased traffic, well those people are taking a calculated risk. Just the same as if a new freeway were proposed by the public sector and investors started buying up land. The freeway may not get built or may be built along a different alignment. Such investors understand that there are no guarantees, however their risk of loss is usually limited to their opportunity cost of capital because they're buying low in anticipation of selling high. Something materially bad has to happen to make the values actually go down below where they were to start with.

What about the many local businesses that are expanding and new ones coming in that are opening predicated on this park coming to fruition? If this falls through they will suffer financial harm. There is a lot more at stake here than many realize.

Which ones? How much is at stake? Quantify.

Mother (Waters) 5:32

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?

Mother do you think they'll like this song?

Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?

Mother should I build the wall?

Mother should I run for president?

Mother should I trust the government?

Mother will they put me in the firing line?

Oooh ah, is it just a waste of time?

Hush now baby, baby, dont you cry.

Mother's gonna make all your nightmares come true.

Mother's gonna put all her fears into you.

Mother's gonna keep you right here under her wing.

She wont let you fly, but she might let you sink.

Mama will keep baby cozy and warm.

Ooooh baby ooooh baby oooooh baby,

Of course mama'll help to build the wall.

Mother do you think she's good enough -- to me?

Mother do you think she's dangerous -- to me?

Mother will she tear your little boy apart?

Mother will she break my heart?

Hush now baby, baby dont you cry.

Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you.

Mama wont let anyone dirty get through.

Mama's gonna wait up until you get in.

Mama will always find out where you've been.

Mama's gonna keep baby healthy and clean.

Ooooh baby oooh baby oooh baby,

You'll always be baby to me.

Mother, did it need to be so high?

Just sayin'.

I think that if you understood the business process and business law a little better as it pertains to real estate development, then you might at least refine your attacks and be perceived as less of a troll.

First of all, Marlin Atlantis are developers. It does not matter that they do not have in-house construction experience because they do not do the construction, architecture, or structural engineering. Properly managed, each of these functions is handled by a seperate third-party firm that provide checks on the other functions; the developer acts as a kind of team lead and as a liason to investors and lenders.

Do you have extensive construction experience? Do you think yourself qualified to question their cost estimates? What are their cost estimates? Where are you obtaining your cost data? What is your data?

I am not suggesting I am qualified to cost out the job. I am saying I spent years around the construction industry and grossly underestimating costs happens quite frequently. The results can be disastrous. The banks won't increase the loan amounts to a figure they feel exceeds the fair market value of the project. The construction loans have to be kept current.

That's a good question. Just how many banks have gone under recently due to non-performing loans made to purportedly-dishonest or incompetent theme park developers? Can you name one?

Something that you need to understand is that the purpose of a bank is to lend. That is how they make money; that is how our economy grows. When banks lend too much or at interest rates that are too low, then we're building up to a financial crisis. When banks don't lend enough, that is the financial crisis. You might recall that we just had one of those recently. I sincerely hope that you understand what happens to an economy when investors become so risk-averse that even expensive debt is not there for deserving businesses. Just to have the economic activity would be a blessing.

I am thinking of all the banks that went under because they made loans that couldn't possibly be paid back. Making loans that are too risky is something that we must guard against as well.

But consider also that a construction loan for this project will not likely conform with any bank's portfolio criteria. I'd be surprised if a bank turns out to be the lender. It won't be cheap money, either.

As for the equity investors...they don't need your hand-holding, mom. They're big boys, all grown up. They can make their own decisions.

Well, as it is apparent that many weren't aware of the business fiction surrounding Trey White and company, I can't see how some truth and facts are a detriment.

Indeed, prior to selecting New Caney as the site, the proposal was shopped around to dozens of communities with the idea of securing as much public financing as possible. This is standard practice with any kind of business venture that is politically saleable. The East Montgomery County Improvement District provided the best deal, by a wide margin. This reflects poorly on the chumps of east Montgomery County, however corporate welfare is standard practice. I find it distasteful and I think it warrants a constitutional amendment to ban the practice, however I cannot blame the developer for playing by the rules.

The fact is, if that money hadn't been blown on this kind of project, it probably would've been blown on a different boondoggle. There are no shortage of savvy developers clamoring for free money; the problem is the free money.

Excellent points!

You speak in the past tense, as though people are already buying homes and lots. However, development has not commenced at the site. In fact, the residential component is the final phase of the project.

If you're referring to speculative investors buying up large parcels of land in anticipation of developing hotels, restaurants, etc. to serve increased traffic, well those people are taking a calculated risk. Just the same as if a new freeway were proposed by the public sector and investors started buying up land. The freeway may not get built or may be built along a different alignment. Such investors understand that there are no guarantees, however their risk of loss is usually limited to their opportunity cost of capital because they're buying low in anticipation of selling high. Something materially bad has to happen to make the values actually go down below where they were to start with.

Which ones? How much is at stake? Quantify.

There are already folks who have bought homes or tracts of land in that area and if this deal doesn't happen the drop in value will be a disaster for them as they could land upside down in their loans.

This whole Dino Disaster apparently started as the residential development Whitestone. Marlin Atlantis was supposed to break ground on in 2005. I think "Dino Don" got dragged into this in a desperate attempt to get it off of the ground as Marlin Atlantis couldn't do so. I just don't see it happening.

http://www.marlinatlantis.com/pdf/2004-12-24-HBJ-Whitestone.pdf

Soapboxmom

I am not suggesting I am qualified to cost out the job. I am saying I spent years around the construction industry and grossly underestimating costs happens quite frequently. The results can be disastrous. The banks won't increase the loan amounts to a figure they feel exceeds the fair market value of the project. The construction loans have to be kept current.

That's a dynamic that plays out with all kinds of real estate and non-real-estate ventures. The risk is priced into the cost of capital. If you have specific evidence that Marlin Atlantis is underestimating costs, then I'd like to see it. Otherwise, you're basically just telling the world not to make any kinds of investments because there's risk. That's just not reasonable, and it diminishes the credibility of your other points.

Another thing. As long as a debtor has acted in good faith and has a reasonable plan to recapitalize and preserve the value of the business enterprise, lenders will almost always prefer to modify a loan rather than to take back the property.

I am thinking of all the banks that went under because they made loans that couldn't possibly be paid back. Making loans that are too risky is something that we must guard against as well.

This isn't the kind of loan that created the financial crisis. What created the financial crisis was an insatiable demand for cruddy loans on commoditized real estate product from much further up in the capital markets food chain.

Well, as it is apparent that many weren't aware of the business fiction surrounding Trey White and company, I can't see how some truth and facts are a detriment.

If real estate could be MLMed, or if he had a Paypal account set up to take investments from the general public that was being actively advertised to, then I suppose I might be more concerned.

There are already folks who have bought homes or tracts of land in that area and if this deal doesn't happen the drop in value will be a disaster for them as they could land upside down in their loans.

Why would the value of the land drop in value relative to where it had been when the investors 'bought low' in the first place?

This whole Dino Disaster apparently started as the residential development Whitestone. Marlin Atlantis was supposed to break ground on in 2005. I think "Dino Don" got dragged into this in a desperate attempt to get it off of the ground as Marlin Atlantis couldn't do so. I just don't see it happening.

http://www.marlinatlantis.com/pdf/2004-12-24-HBJ-Whitestone.pdf

Soapboxmom

I think that it had more to do with the (presently realized) possibility of securing public-sector handouts.

• 1 month later...

I called the service provider and the hosting fees were not paid. The account was deactivated for non-payment. The service provider most likely sent reminders, but no one bothered to pay the few dollars a month needed to keep the site up. That does not sound to me like they are working on it. We can call Trey White and his flunkies at Marlin Atlantis and inquire!

Registrant:

Global EarthQuest Holdings

13455 Noel Road

Dallas, TX 75240

US

Domain Name: EARTHQUESTADVENTURES.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:

13455 Noel Road

Dallas, TX 75240

US

972-715-6400

Record expires on 27-Jan-2012.

Record created on 27-Jan-2007.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS17.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.9

NS18.WORLDNIC.COM 206.188.198.9

Soapboxmom

I called the service provider and the hosting fees were not paid. The account was deactivated for non-payment. The service provider most likely sent reminders, but no one bothered to pay the few dollars a month needed to keep the site up. That does not sound to me like they are working on it. We can call Trey White and his flunkies at Marlin Atlantis and inquire!

Registrant:

13455 Noel Road

Dallas, TX 75240

US

Domain Name: EARTHQUESTADVENTURES.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:

13455 Noel Road

Dallas, TX 75240

US

972-715-6400

Record expires on 27-Jan-2012.

Record created on 27-Jan-2007.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS17.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.9

NS18.WORLDNIC.COM 206.188.198.9

Soapboxmom

While I appreciate the info and effort, you have been the Debbie Downer of HAIF.

Nice reputation.

Archived