Earth Quest Adventures

Boris

No problem. Here's some more I received when I sent a second email asking for hours.

We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Someone is not always here that can show you the pictures so it might be good to call before you come. Mr. McCrady is the most knowledgeable, but I can help you or our secretary Sandy. Our receptionist would not be able to help you as she is a temp at this point.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some drawings of EarthQuest I found on sixflagshouston.com

gallery_1628_72_6535.jpg

gallery_1628_72_11907.jpg

gallery_1628_72_46851.jpg

The park will be fantastic if it is built like this. The layout reminds me very much of Busch Gardens in Virginia. The theme park itself is said to be 150 acres. That does not include parking, the resort, the waterpark, the research area, or the museum. If this drawing is drawn to scale, I estimate that the theme park will be bigger than AstroWorld was or Six Flags over Texas is now.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this pans out.

How does this compare in size to Astroworld? I can't tell. How does it compare with rides? How about compared to sixflags Fiesta Texas?

READ.

150 acres is the size of the ENTIRE Six Flags over Texas park (theme park +parking). 150 acres is just being used for Earth Quest's theme park.

READ.

150 acres is the size of the ENTIRE Six Flags over Texas park (theme park +parking). 150 acres is just being used for Earth Quest's theme park.

Dang Trae, everything ok buddy? You're turnin into some not so favorite HAIF members.

Er...anyway, as a huge dinosaur nerd, I hope they have really high-quality sculptures and animatronics. It JUST SO happens there's a world-class company that does this, right in Texas!

Check it out! I hope they use this company. Well, if they can't get Stan Winston to do it, that is. ;)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ry.2c5b346.html

http://www.billingsproductions.com/

Also, they should have dromaeosaurs. Lots and lots of dromaeosaurs. Toe-clawin', pack huntin', action extravaganza. Oh yeah.

• 3 weeks later...
It has been a while since I have heard anything new, but this project looks like it is still getting built at least according to this news article update.

http://ourtribune.com/article.php?id=2813

Here is a good quote from the aforementioned story:

The total project is expected to include rides, a water park, a high-rise hotel and conference center, and more. It is anticipated to provide more than 2,700 jobs, plus thousands of construction jobs, and draw about 2.5 million visitors annually. The price tag has grown to 10 times the first-reported amount.

• 2 weeks later...

There has been word at another forum that Universal may be getting involved with this park. Mostly to stake a claim in Texas (Six Flags and Sea World do). That, and the guy who designed Universal Studios Island of Adventure theme park in Orlando, as well as the guy behind Universal's Jurassic Park movies, is designing this theme park.

Universal Studios Texas or Universals' EarthQuest sound like some good names ;).

There has been word at another forum that Universal may be getting involved with this park. Mostly to stake a claim in Texas (Six Flags and Sea World do). That, and the guy who designed Universal Studios Island of Adventure theme park in Orlando, as well as the guy behind Universal's Jurassic Park movies, is designing this theme park.

Universal Studios Texas or Universals' EarthQuest sound like some good names ;) .

got a link to that forum so we can follow?

That, and the guy who designed Universal Studios Island of Adventure theme park in Orlando, as well as the guy behind Universal's Jurassic Park movies, is designing this theme park.

Who, Don Lessem? His was the name I saw a lot when news of this project first broke.

• 1 month later...

Some news:

Plan for dino park project grows

By ROYCELYN BASTIAN

rbastian@hcnonline.com

05/02/2008

Outlet malls, hotels and housing have been added to the EarthQuest Adventures Dinosaur Park project, according to the East Montgomery County Improvement District.

Initially, the project was proposed to just be a museum and theme park with a net ad valorem base of $700 million. After further discussion and additional planning, more activities have been added to the scope of the project.

“Since that time, we further discussed other components that will be contained in the development. Particularly a hotel site as well as other retail opportunities,” said Frank McCrady, president of EMCID. “With the investment group and developers that are looking at the project, they have gone far and above the initial concept of just a theme park.”

Along with the theme park and museum, developers are now looking into putting an eco-hotel component in the project that will offer treetop lodging. On the west side of the area will be the tourism attraction where there is room for four hotels in the development.

One of the biggest significant changes of the project is the ad valorem base of $700 million has increased to $1.5 billion, which includes hotel sites, outlet malls, outlet retail as well as low-, mid- and high-density housing.

“If you break apart the project, the majority of the housing development is contained for the Roman Forest community and the retail and outlet side is contained in the transportation corridor of U.S. Highway 59 on both sides,” McCrady said.

More: http://www.hcnonline.com/site/index.cfm?ne...32207&rfi=8

Universal Studios Texas or Universals' EarthQuest sound like some good names ;).

Let me give you an idea as to a potential name of the project if Universal Studios comes aboard......

Guess who owns the rights to "Jurassic Park?" And guess what theme park has "Jurassic Park: The Ride" in use currently? (HINT: Its in Japan)

Universal Studios and a Dino-Themed Park....I can see the name coming already.... "Universal Studios: Jurassic Park"

Now that right there has "tourist attraction" written all over it.....

• 5 weeks later...

Archived