Parking Garage On I-10?

Gary

I was driving East on I-10 yesterday, and noticed what looked to be a huge parking garage on the north side, between Blalock and Bingle. It looks to already be 5 stories with the crane still in place, and I'd estimate it's length about 300'.

The reason I bring it up, is that it's in a strange place for something that large. There's virtually nothing around it, and it's setback about 300 or 400 yards. Anyone have a clue?

I was driving East on I-10 yesterday, and noticed what looked to be a huge parking garage on the north side, between Blalock and Bingle. It looks to already be 5 stories with the crane still in place, and I'd estimate it's length about 300'.

The reason I bring it up, is that it's in a strange place for something that large. There's virtually nothing around it, and it's setback about 300 or 400 yards. Anyone have a clue?

i think there is a super secret CIA building there.

:ph34r:

C'mon guy's, someones go to know what this is. Anybody?

That garage is beyond, north of the the old Daniels Factory, on Bunker Hill. There is a Bunker Hill Business Park back there and also SBISD Elementry School. I dont think those kids drive much so it must be for the business park.

I thought I read in either the HBJ or the Chronicle a few months back that a retail center was to go on the cleared land just south of the parking garage and that that section of Bunker Hill Blvd was going to be widened.

Maybe the parking garage is in anticipation of the retail center?

that garage is huge. Larger than anything at Memorial City Mall, so I don't know what kind of retail would need one so large.

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Parking Garage On I-10?

Archived