West Road Plaza Developments

• 3 months later...

Has anyone visited this store yet? I was wondering what the quality of the merchandise was like and if the prices were as good as they claim in their advertising. I'm going to be in the market to replace the hand-me-down sofa I've had in my living room for the last four years pretty soon.

I went out there out of curiosity. You have to wonder with a name like that. They had a pretty good variety of stuff, but IMO the prices were not that great. Price wise I think you could do better at the Star outlet. Possibly even Brandon's.

If you are on a really tight budget check out the rental return places like Cort. A lot of the stuff is ragged out, but some of it has just sat in models & can be in really good shape.

I love the Star Outlets, both 45 and the upstairs at I-10. BTW, everything's negotiable...unless it is in stock. We got a really nice entertainment armoire for less than $200 because it was the last one. It was tagged at the I-45 store for $400, and retail was close to $800. The other reason it was so cheap is that originally it was part of a 3-piece set. I have no idea what happened to the other two pieces.

If it's something that is discontinued but they have it in stock, well, I think it can still be called an outlet?

To each his own, I guess. I do agree that Finger's has a great outlet too, but I have to say I would never buy leather at either place--just my opinion. I would go for more specialty or custom stores, like Norwalk, Crate & Barrel, Storehouse, etc...that's just me being in the furniture biz for a brief stint. Norwalk may be expensive but their leather selection is the best I have ever seen. Incredible. :)

In my previous life in the apartment biz, one of the duties thrown my way was to spruce up a couple of the clubrooms/offices. Knowing the abuse a C class property office can get, I put leather couches in it from the Cort rental return. There wasn't much money to spend either. Being leather it really wasn't that worn, although it had a couple of flaws. This varies from piece to piece. But it was pretty cheap, for leather anyway. If you tell them you work in an apartment complex, they give you a 20% discount in hopes of getting referrals. The clearance center on Kempwood or the one on 1960 usually have the best prices, although the Richmond store usually has the best selection. If you see a piece you like the style of , but not the condition, they can locate a better one. You can also play one store against the other to get a better price, "well I saw this at the Richmond store for X$..."

I got kind of good at the bargaining game after trying to redo some places with nickels on the dollar.

I hear ya, 27.  :)  Hubby just got out of grad school.  We won't be seeing leather from anywhere for a long time.  :P  Unless he wins the Nobel Prize!

I have found Star to be great. The service was great and selection was outstanding. Most of my furniture has come from Star. When I bought my townhouse I spent about alot on new stuff and I was able to get zero % financing for 18 months.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to West Road Plaza Developments

Archived