Klein ISD Overcrowding

Chris

Klein ISD just opened Benignus Elementary School this year, and the school is already overcrowded. The school is located in the prestigious master planned community of Windrose. The building is over 100,000 square feet and has more than 30 classrooms. The building is design to hold 850 students. Benignus has currently recieved 4 T-Buildings within the first 2 months of the school's existance. Hopefully Frank Elementary opening next school year in the master planned community of Gleanloch Farms will relieve this campus. However Frank is being built specifically to relieve Korhville Elementary which has over 1,000 students, and is the most overcrowded elementary school in the Klein ISD. Korhville also has a fleet of T-Buildings.

Wow, Spring is really growing out there. I long for the more simple times when you could actually drive around freely in your car. I was considering getting an apartment out in Spring, but now I'm not so sure. Too much traffic in the suburbs.

MrFootball- do you know if 77429 has this kind of problem with school overcrowding?

How many homes are there in Gleannloch? I presume the Elementary school draws from surrounding developments?

Gleannloch Farms is a 2,100-acre master-planned community located on Spring-Cypress Road just east of Highway 249

State-of-the-art community recreation center overlooking a natural lake featuring a 75' competition pool, wading pool and a resort-style pool for aquatic volleyball and lounging, lighted tennis courts. I assume there are over 1,000 homes in the community.

Wow, Spring is really growing out there. I long for the more simple times when you could actually drive around freely in your car. I was considering getting an apartment out in Spring, but now I'm not so sure. Too much traffic in the suburbs.

MrFootball- do you know if 77429 has this kind of problem with school overcrowding?

There are 42,383 people living in that zip code. It's in the Cypress area east of HW 290.

I think for the most part they're all pretty steady with enrollment as the area right around here is pretty much built out (or close to it). As you may recall they just opened up a couple new Elementary schools, a middle school and a new High School this year in the 77429 that will relieve Cy-Fair HS (Cy-Woods).

If there were any overcrowding, it would be relieved as there will be additional schools opening up over the next two years that will feed into Cypress Ranch HS which is going to be located next to Blackhorse, which is also a very nice area.

For all of the complaints about the expensive Berry Center, they have done a good job of opening up nice new facilities at a good clip to keep in line with the immense growth in this area.

• The title was changed to Klein ISD Overcrowding

Archived