Haif Moderators - Please Stop The Madness!

firstngoal

HAIF Moderators... I really beg of you... please, please, please limit this whole Houston vs. Dallas insanity. I just can't handle it anymore! I know that I'll get a series of people who will tell me to just to "Ignore it" or "Just don't read this thread, freak" or "Its all good-natured fun -what is your problem??" - I know, I know. HOWEVER , I'm very interested in what is happening "architecturally" and within the urban design community in Dallas - and there is a lot - if people would just be open to it. Unfortunately, any relevant comments or news from our Dallas friends - or insightful comments by others - are totally diluted by the same old arguments that have been going on forever. Sorry folks, but some of the comments I've read are downright rude and are a slap in the face to people that actually have constructive - and informative comments to make about DFW. The whole purpose of having a Dallas section - or any other city - is to learn more about those places and share ideas and constructive comments.

These Dallas vs. Houston threads go on and on for days and days and its always the same old arguments. Last time I checked, there were more replies in the Dallas #3 thread (by far!) than under any other topic on this website. How sad! Exciting new announcements for projects are made in Houston all the time - and the reaction is minimal. Mention Dallas though, and you are sure to have an argument going in no time flat. If that is the direction that this website wants to go, than so be it. I truly will find other outlets... but you see, I like this website and think it has great potential. I truly enjoy everyone's ideas (about Houston!) and think it is a great way to share our visions of making our town a truly great - or just simply better - place.

Moderators, you state under the Dallas section: "Respectful discussions, only. Any my-city-is-better-than-your-city flamewars will be deleted without notice." I implore you - go for it - delete away! Or if people want to continue this nonsense - fine - just create another section for those called "Bash Dallas - Feel Better!" and let those of us that have a real interest in developments in DFW be able to hold a meaningful - and enlightened - conversation about that area without it degenerating into "We're better than you!!"

Thank you very much for your consideration regarding this matter.

I don't even bother to read the Dallas posts anymore because I know when I keep seeing the replies escalating it's reverted to elementary school level almost. These aren't football teams. I haven't been to Dallas since 92 but I thought it was a fairly nice place, although we kick their butt when it comes to population! :D

;)

Done. Apologies for delaying, but in general we prefer not to shut down threads. I agree however that it gets out of hand, and the Dallas threads were falling into personal insults to other members. That drove a lot of members crazy in the old forum, and it is depressing to see it reoccur. If in the future anyone feels it is getting out of hand, just PM any of the moderators for quick relief. To reiterate, the purpose of the Dallas topic is to discuss urban development and architecture in Dallas. Thank you firstngoal and others for the well-spoken feedback.

Subdude

Archived