Do you have kids?

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Parrot, Phoebe is a beautiful little girl. Thanks for your comments, I am sure every boy that my girls will have to bring in for me to meet, will instantly forget any "Ideas" they may have had for the evening as soon as they meet me in all my Biker gear and catch me cleaning my guns, before their big date. I am pretty sure that it will be alock that both my girls will be over 6ft. tall. Mom is 5'10" and I am almost 6'4". That percentile thing you were mentioning is GREAT, both girls are in the 99.9 percentile. :lol::lol::lol:

Moonman, let me know when Jericho reaches about 24 or 25, I am gonna hang out with him, and get all the leftover babes that he doesn't want, when we walk into the club. That kid has "Chickmagnet" written all over him.

btw......you keep saying "Mini me". Does he claim that also ? :P:lol:

Moonman, let me know when Jericho reaches about 24 or 25, I am gonna hang out with him, and get all the leftover babes that he doesn't want, when we walk into the club. That kid has "Chickmagnet" written all over him.

btw......you keep saying "Mini me". Does he claim that also ? :P:lol:

Please, dont encourage him! Before he left to attend school in Florida, the home phone was ringing off the hook for him and our oldest son. Both of them have cell phones,but didnt give thier cell numbers to the girls because they have no time to be reached anywhere at anytime. My wife actually had our home phone number changed twice in one yr!!! NUTS! One of the little silly girls was like a stalker, thank goodness we live in a gated community :D:D:D

We call him MINI ME because that boy looks just like me! It is uncanny how much we look a like--could be twins. We call our oldest son "Number 1" because he his the first born ;)

Hers another pic of my oldest son Munir. I was a bit reluctant to put it here because most all the pics we have of that little jackass, he doesnt have his shirt on! He says "the ladys like seeing his copper colored body" Kids, what the hell can you do B)

3007juh.jpg

Great looking kids all! Particularly yours Mark. Just kidding don't shoot!!!

It's great to get a different feel for everyone on the board that has contributed. I just found out my wife has one in the oven. I am so excited.

Congrats! That's great. Pregnancy is a fun journey, but be patient with her and take good care of her. She's going to need all the TLC and patience you can muster. ^_^

TJ, Matt says he will stop boys at the door and quote the movie "Clueless" where Cher's father says (to one of her suitors):

"I have a .45 and a shovel. I doubt anyone would miss you."

:lol:

westguy, congratulations!! It is a rollercoaster ride of emotions that, as far as I can tell, are like no rollercoaster I have ever been on!! ;)

TJ, Matt says he will stop boys at the door and quote the movie "Clueless" where Cher's father says (to one of her suitors):

"I have a .45 and a shovel. I doubt anyone would miss you."

:lol:

westguy, congratulations!! It is a rollercoaster ride of emotions that, as far as I can tell, are like no rollercoaster I have ever been on!! ;)

Absolutely ! Except I have a DE.44, sold the Colt a couple of years ago. May have to invest in a new one. :lol: I do like that quote in Clueless though.

I'm glad you guys like having kids and that they allow you to loudly proclaim how much "wisdom" and "selflessness" they've brought to your lives. But, for those of us who can't stand the little snot factories, please keep them out of restaurants, movie theaters, stores or really, anywhere in public, until they are 18. Then, if they're girls, you may allow them to appear on the Internet.

How is it that there are some people that don't have kids who can be so nice and understanding, and others can be so mean-spirited. I don't get it!?

Isn't this thread all about our kids, anyway? :)

"A baby is a sign from God that the world should go on." ~ Carl Sandburg

Dal was an abused child, his parents never loved him. They never took him to restaurants, or movies. He still wears the potato sack that his parents forced him to put on, and they just unbound him from the basement a couple of weeks ago. He is still "adjusting", it takes some time to shake off that Douchebag attitude that he has. Dal, you poor lovable LOSER ! Now go back to "stalking" Gary's posts and leave us grown folks here to talk, before I am forced to throw you back in your hole. ;)

I'm glad you guys like having kids and that they allow you to loudly proclaim how much "wisdom" and "selflessness" they've brought to your lives. But, for those of us who can't stand the little snot factories, please keep them out of restaurants, movie theaters, stores or really, anywhere in public, until they are 18. Then, if they're girls, you may allow them to appear on the Internet.

I love both of my boys, i dont just like them. Thanks for being glad for those of us that choose to have families and people to love other than ourselves.

The bitter, party of one thing you have going on is not attractive :angry2::angry2::angry2:

If that's how you really feel (and I don't think it is) then why post on this particular thread?

Go get your own!

A 16 yr old huh? Hows your grocery bill? Having 2 teenage boys..my goodness. The grocery bill is incredible!! Not so bad now that one of them is away at college, but this summer, MY GOODNESS!!! ;)

yes, it is easy to spend several hundred dollars a month. the more convenient for me, the more expensive. and eating out? fortunately, he won't order anything more expensive than i order. our eating out bill is sometimes as much as the grocery bill. he eats every 3 or 4 hours. my grocery bill is more than three times what it was for one person. i've started buying larger quantities of things like mayo and ketchup and generic brands of vegetables and cheese.

god bless all the parents who have more than one. god save you if you have more than two. ;)

yes, it is easy to spend several hundred dollars a month. the more convenient for me, the more expensive. and eating out? fortunately, he won't order anything more expensive than i order. our eating out bill is sometimes as much as the grocery bill. he eats every 3 or 4 hours. my grocery bill is more than three times what it was for one person. i've started buying larger quantities of things like mayo and ketchup and generic brands of vegetables and cheese.

god bless all the parents who have more than one. god save you if you have more than two. ;)

Bach, almost everything Kroger's sells is the exatly equivalent of a Kraft brand, or next nearest competitor. I am amazed at the quality of the "house" brand of their foods.

Sams Club is our friend. We buy everything in bulk! When it comes time for the monthly Sams trip, my wife and son go together and the SUV is literally loaded down with all sorts of stuff, all in bulk ;);) Thats a membership we have put to VERY good use.

TJ, Kroger is nuts with the prices. I do like thier meats but the prices are a bit too high or maybe im just too cheap ;)

Sams Club is our friend. We buy everything in bulk! When it comes time for the monthly Sams trip, my wife and son go together and the SUV is literally loaded down with all sorts of stuff, all in bulk ;);) Thats a membership we have put to VERY good use.

TJ, Kroger is nuts with the prices. I do like thier meats but the prices are a bit too high or maybe im just too cheap ;)

Do you have your Kroger's card ? You get $.10 off each gallon of gas also, when you purchase $100 or more during the month.

Do you have your Kroger's card ? You get $.10 off each gallon of gas also, when you purchase $100 or more during the month.

No i dont have one, perhaps i should apply. The gas thing, does that apply to all Kroger stores nationwide? If so i would like that for my son when he drives home from school on holidays and spring/summer break.

Great pics! I do love kids. (Well, ones that have good parents and know how to behave -- a screaming 5 year old at 11:00 PM in a movie theater watching a R-rated movie with Mom and Dad is very hard to love, but that's not the kid's fault. Same thing with a kid who constantly kicks the back of my seat on the plane while Mom sits there and laughs at it.) But for the most part, I love kids, and God willing, I would love to be a father one day. If not, hopefully one of my sisters will have a couple so I can spoil them rotten.

i hit sam's club once a month too. unfortunately, if i buy too much of something zach likes, he'll wipe it out in one week. we skip gatorade, limit chip purchases, no candy, no cokes or juice.

i've finally perfected a spaghetti recipe with italian sausage. i can make four meals for about $9. $12 if you include ready made garlic bread.

btw, everyone's picks are great. i can't believe it's already been 17 months since parrothead's kiddo was born. she's gotten so big. everyone's kids are adorable.

i hit sam's club once a month too. unfortunately, if i buy too much of something zach likes, he'll wipe it out in one week. we skip gatorade, limit chip purchases, no candy, no cokes or juice.

The sodas are the first thing to go in our home followed by the gatorade and then the juice and milk. My boys drink the hell out of soda now, i think, because we only allowed them to only have half a can each for many years ;)

The whole chickens they sell at Sams are big with us as well. The roasting chickens that are 2 to a pack. We usually get like 5 double packs at a time. My wife cooks a whole chicken per kid and one whole one for us to share. Those boys can eat!

No i dont have one, perhaps i should apply. The gas thing, does that apply to all Kroger stores nationwide? If so i would like that for my son when he drives home from school on holidays and spring/summer break.

I believe it should.

Archived