Mexican Anchor Babies

poco dago

Because 'Paki' is a derogatory description of someone from Pakistan. I'm not sure why, but the British probably had something to do with it.

Okay, but that has nothing to do with my question. The proper reference to someone from Afghanistan or Uzebekistan is, respectively, an Afghan and an Uzbek, and not an Afghani or an Uzbeki. So what gives?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like the illegal immigrant problem, health care for low income and uninsured Americans is a huge problem. Like the illegal immigrant problem, the US government, by refusing to address the issue, dumps the problem on local governments. Congress is not saving us money by refusing to address the issue. They are merely forcing our county commissioners to deal with it. We cannot refuse to deliver an infant of a mother in labor. We cannot refuse to treat the injured. Tough talk about refusing health care is empty rhetoric, because we ARE providing the heath care...we are just doing it in the most inefficient manner, because tough guys in Congress will not do what they were elected to do.

I agree we cannot let people die because of there status... Those that are "SO WORRIED" about "free babies" Did They get denied medicaid?Not everyone can afford insurance...Most AMERICANs DON'T HAVE INSURANCE!(they get "free services " too...) Those free "babies" grow up and contribute to society as much as most people that were from, england, britan and other countries...We need to secure the border but focus on other issues. Such as high gas prices, the war and other useless stuff.

According to the Harris County Hospital District, 70% of births at Ben Taub and LBJ are to non-citizens, not 95%.
Did I say my wife worked at LBJ? No I said she worked at Ben Taub. There are probably less illegals going to LBJ.
This tells us two things...that the healthcare is NOT free, and that no one is admitting to hospital staff that they know how to work the system.

My wife talked to the mothers while in recovery/labor. She is a nurse not a pencil pusher. Did you not read my post? You talk about getting facts straight when you yourself can't read a simple post.

Even at the 70% face value, that is an alarming rate of people getting free birth delivery, don't you think? That means only 30% are true citizens getting the free medical care. That's still outrageous.

RedScare- you say that it's not free health care for the illegals because there is a billing process. Aren't they basically exempt from having to pay because of welfare? There's no way an illegal can afford the entire medical bill without insurance. The thing that bothers me is that I don't have health insurance either, but unlike the illegal, I actually will have to pay the bill in total with money that I earned. Nobody is going to give me a free ride like they do them.

Did I say my wife worked at LBJ? No I said she worked at Ben Taub.
Actually you said your wife worked at THE Ben Taub - which is the first time I've ever heard it referred to in that way:
My wife worked at the Ben Taub for a semester at the baby ward, and she said it was 95% illegals giving birth there, for free. When she talked to some of the mothers, they all said, that they all know about the free status, and they all know how to work the system.
There are probably less illegals going to LBJ.
Really? Did you come to this conclusion using the same math your wife used to determine that 95% of all the birthing mothers at Ben Taub were illegals giving birth for free? She was there only one semester. Lets suppose she worked 40 hours a week in the Labor & Delivery department. That still leaves 128 hours every week, over a 4 month period that she was not there to personally determine legal status of birthing mothers. So how can someone who was only at Ben Taub for only 20% of the time for only 33% of one year determine such a hard number that you would be willing to challenge the pencil pushers (as you call them) of the Harris County Hospital District?

Redscare wasn't even calling you out, he was just simply posting a more accurate number.

RedScare- you say that it's not free health care for the illegals because there is a billing process. Aren't they basically exempt from having to pay because of welfare?

There is no such thing as "welfare". That is a catchall word for government assistance. What you are probably referring to is Medicare/Medicaid, the program for healthcare for the poor and elderly. As of 1996 (yes, during the Clinton administration), ALL government aid to illegal immigrants is denied, except for emergency surgery and K-12 education. So, no, the federal government does not pay the bill, unless one has a valid Social Security number.

BTW, a Social Security Administration study found that two-thirds of illegals working in the US actually DO pay Medicare taxes. Because they are using fake SSNs, they pay the tax, but are disqualified from receiving benefits. So, the US government is actually making money off of the illegals, while refusing to deal with the problem of local governments providing the unreimbursed services. Having just said that, I will also point out that in 2005, the US government finally agreed to provide SOME reimbursement of healthcare expenses. Texas received $46 million. I'll leave it to others to debate whether THAT covered our expenses.

OK, let me pharse it for you more simply. While my wife worked at the Ben Taub, it was 95% illegals that she observed only while she was working there. Just a simple ancedotal story, but it opened my eyes. Like I said, 70% is still an alarming rate.

You property owners, check out your statement, the Harris County Hospital District tax that you pay goes directly to LBJ and Ben Taub.

You property owners, check out your statement, the Harris County Hospital District tax that you pay goes directly to LBJ and Ben Taub.

And the rest goes to:

HOUSTON ISD [i have no children]

HARRIS COUNTY [i live in the county]

HARRIS CO FLOOD CNTRL [see above]

PORT OF HOUSTON AUTHY [what's that go to do with me?????]

HARRIS CO EDUC DEPT 0.00629 [i still have no children]

HOU COMMUNITY COLLEGE 0.09577 [see above]

CITY OF HOUSTON [i live in the city]

So what exactly is your point?

And the rest goes to:

HOUSTON ISD [i have no children] Help is on the way on this

HARRIS COUNTY [i live in the county] No problem here your choice

HARRIS CO FLOOD CNTRL [see above] This is a joke because it doesn't work!

PORT OF HOUSTON AUTHY [what's that go to do with me?????] I agree

HARRIS CO EDUC DEPT 0.00629 [i still have no children]Help is on the way on this

HOU COMMUNITY COLLEGE 0.09577 [see above]Help is on the way on this

CITY OF HOUSTON [i live in the city]No problem here your choice

So what exactly is your point?

I read in the propaganda my better half brings home from the ATPE that the Texas supreme court ruled that the current funding of schools through property-levy had to stop by the end of the 2006-07 school year. I may be mistaken on the dates, but it's going to be really soon I am sure. They have been strong arming people with no children for years.

The fact that foreign nationals do not pay their bills does not make the services free, any more than not paying for your rental car makes the car free.

Actually, when large segments of the population are given services without being screened for creditworthiness, it forces the long run average cost of hospitals serving various cities upward. The costs absorbed by the hospital from patients unable to pay for services provided will simply be passed on to those that can pay in the form of higher healthcare prices. Higher healthcare prices are then reflected in the higher costs of health insurance.

Actually, when large segments of the population are given services without being screened for creditworthiness, it forces the long run average cost of hospitals serving various cities upward. The costs absorbed by the hospital from patients unable to pay for services provided will simply be passed on to those that can pay in the form of higher healthcare prices. Higher healthcare prices are then reflected in the higher costs of health insurance.

Agreed. I also agree that this is a big problem. However, the services are not offered for free, as a previous poster stated. Many of the patients actually PAY all or part of the bill for the services they receive. Clearly, many others do not. The hospital district has a sliding scale to try to recover some fees from those that cannot afford the entire bill. Obviously, some walk away with no intention of paying a dime. This is not a free service. This is theft of service. And, clearly, theft drives up the cost of providing services.

Incidentally, approximately one-third of the services provided at HCHD hospitals are paid for. An additional third are reimbursed by insurance or government programs like Medicare/Medicaid. One third is unreimbursed by a variety of individuals, including some of the illegal immigrant births that are the subject of this thread, but also including non-resident Americans, homeless, and other poor citizens who do not qualify for aid. It is that one-third, minus a few million in federal reimbursement, that is paid for by property taxes.

• 5 months later...

Spanish Speaking Majority of Texas..... English Anyone?

Our Architectural Style has turned toward the Chosen style South of the Border. Much of this is disturbing to me, mainly because so Much of what once was Texas is steadly being transformed into Mexico North. Don't get me wrong I love Southwestern/Spanish influenced Design , I can do without the Bright Lime green or Neon Purple, Hot Pink and other outlandish combinations of Colors preferred south of the Rio Grand River. No other Race of people have ever in the History of these United States have been catered to to such an extreme. "White children were never forced to learn Spanish, it was an Elective Choice, Chinese Children were never given Bilingual Teachers for every class, German Children were never allowed to march on City Hall during School and not Punished, Japanese Children were never Allowed to be Transported by school bus from in front of their Home to school and back to the Front of their Homes after School." I am unable to Afford Health Insurance and at my age they say I am crazy for not having any, I have never been to a Free Clinic once the need has never presented it's self. For one Race or ethnic group to move into an area and force it to change to their desired wants and needs over those of the Folks that Born and Raised there is just Wrong on so many levels. We as Texan of these United States appear to be the Second Class Citizens Now in what Once was Our Home State and Towns. Some might feel it is Justly deserved , I think not I have no desire to move away from Pasadena,Texas, I will learn a little Spanish to be Sociable but I Will Be Damned If I Will Let A Bunch of NON North AMERICANS dictate that I Need to Learn Spanish so I can better Comunicate with Them. Melting Pot or No Melting Pot I was Born here and will Die Fighting for my Non Free FREEDOMS Here. So until God Gives Up on Texas I will Speak English as my First Language. Thank You Very Much

For one Race or ethnic group to move into an area and force it to change to their desired wants and needs over those of the Folks that Born and Raised there is just Wrong on so many levels.

Oh, the irony. :huh:

Our Architectural Style has turned toward the Chosen style South of the Border. Much of this is disturbing to me, mainly because so Much of what once was Texas ...like the Alamo... is steadly being transformed into Mexico North. Don't get me wrong I love Southwestern/Spanish influenced Design , I can do without the Bright Lime green or Neon Purple, Hot Pink and other outlandish combinations of Colors preferred south of the Rio Grand River. No other Race of people ...which race? OH! You mean Caucasians! The Hispanic ones!... have ever in the History of these United States have been catered to to such an extreme. White ...albino???... children were never forced to learn Spanish, it was an Elective Choice, Chinese Children were never given Bilingual Teachers for every class, German Children were never allowed to march on City Hall during School and not Punished, Japanese Children were never Allowed to be Transported by school bus from in front of their Home to school and back to the Front of their Homes after School." I am unable to Afford Health Insurance and at my age they say I am crazy for not having any, I have never been to a Free Clinic once the need has never presented it's self. For one Race or ethnic group to move into an area and force it to change to their desired wants and needs over those of the Folks that Born and Raised there is just Wrong on so many levels. We as Texan of these United States appear to be the Second Class Citizens Now in what Once was Our Home State and Towns. Some might feel it is Justly deserved , I think not I have no desire to move away from Pasadena,Texas, I will learn a little Spanish to be Sociable but I Will Be Damned If I Will Let A Bunch of NON North AMERICANS ...North America=Canada, The United States and Mexico... dictate that I Need to Learn Spanish so I can better Comunicate with Them. Melting Pot or No Melting Pot I was Born here and will Die Fighting for my Non Free FREEDOMS Here. So until God Gives Up on Texas I will Speak English as my First Language. Thank You Very Much

I don't know what you're drinking over there in Pasadena but NO BODY is dictating that anyone be forced to learn any language. Feel free to rant with your free-style use of Caps all you like but be prepared to be called out when you make so many absurd statements.

For one Race or ethnic group to move into an area and force it to change to their desired wants and needs over those of the Folks that Born and Raised there is just Wrong on so many levels.

Wow. If only your hypocrisy applied to Native Americans. Or do they just not count?

So until God Gives Up on Texas I will Speak English as my First Language. Thank You Very Much

Speaking and writing English properly go hand in hand. I would learn to write properly and cool it with the liberal use of capitalizing words before I'd tell folks to go learn it.

I'd say cut off the free healthcare, schooling, and apartment leasing, and then the employment will take care of itself.

The Supreme Court made the Plyler vs. Doe Decision - that means free schooling for illegals may NOT be cut off.

See: http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getc...57&page=202

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyler_v._Doe

you shouldn't forced to speak any language but if you want to function in the united states, it should be in english. rather than businesses and governments bending over backwards to cater to those who flat out refuse to learn english. when in rome....

Your argument would be taken more seriously if you lost all of the racist crap!

He might be taken more seriously if he wasn't a newcomer with just two posts on his record. This sort of venting doesn't bother me from someone who's been here for a while and has proven to be an asset to the community. But from a newbie, it just feels like trouble.

I passed through older side of Pasadena yesterday and it may as well have been Mexico. It's a whole other world then what I remember it like 20 years ago. Total twilight zone. Something has definetly fallen through the cracks. Floodgates have truly been torn down. :closedeyes:

By the way, Mexican Anchor Babies sounds like a cool name for a punk band or something!

Guest danax
I passed through older side of Pasadena yesterday and it may as well have been Mexico. It's a whole other world then what I remember it like 20 years ago. Total twilight zone. Something has definetly fallen through the cracks. Floodgates have truly been torn down. :closedeyes:

Assuming PasadenaTexan lives in Pasadena, I can empathize with his concerns. Those critics on this forum don't have to see it day in and day out, so cut the guy some slack. The place is dumpy in many areas and is resembling Mexico and I'm sure the schools all have bilinqual ed., hospitals are full of no-pays, etc. Immigration is one thing but never in the history of this country have millions upon millions come over illegally and caused such widespread changes in language and appearance. I don't think he's trying to necessarily stir trouble but has a legitimate concern, agree with him or not, and I haven't heard many logical explanations as to why he should adjust his view, just the usual charges of "racist" and "the irony" that always cloud discussion when no one has anything constructive to say.

Yes, there's a lot of irony here;

The Native Americans are considered noble for defending their culture, but that's not permitted any more here. I guess by calling what's taking place ironic is to admit that it's happening, and by going along with it, is it acting as some sort of balm for guilt in the form of payback?

The Hispanic groups are all for more of what is taking place, and anyone opposing them is subject to being branded racist, and legitimate observations regarding neighborhoods and schools declining and that simply rewarding illegals with amnesty is wrong on principal are dismissed and attacked as just hidden racism, when the Hispanic groups prime motive for supporting the illegal immigrant tidal wave is due to their being "the same people". Yes, the irony.

Texas was taken from Mexico who "owned" it for 15 years up to that point by revolutionaries who wanted something better that what Mexico was providing, just like the immigrants today, but the celebration of the anniversary of that revolution has been deadened for fear of offending Mexicans, while Cinco De Mayo is celebrated freely. Foreigners can't even protest in Mexico and any illegals found will be extracted from their homes and removed. Such irony.

I realize that we're a melting pot and change is constant and I can roll with it. Maybe I can roll with this too, if someone would tell me why it's good for America and how much better America will be in 50 years because of it, and not just why Bob Perry and his townhome buddies are benefitting right now.

Assuming PasadenaTexan lives in Pasadena, I can empathize with his concerns. Those critics on this forum don't have to see it day in and day out, so cut the guy some slack. The place is dumpy in many areas and is resembling Mexico and I'm sure the schools all have bilinqual ed., hospitals are full of no-pays, etc. Immigration is one thing but never in the history of this country have millions upon millions come over illegally and caused such widespread changes in language and appearance. I don't think he's trying to necessarily stir trouble but has a legitimate concern, agree with him or not, and I haven't heard many logical explanations as to why he should adjust his view, just the usual charges of "racist" and "the irony" that always cloud discussion when no one has anything constructive to say.

Only the elementary schools offer bilingual education. Middle and high school students must use ESL.

If you wish to look at Greatschools profiles of Pasadena ISD schools (PISD covers most of Pasadena), see: http://www.greatschools.net/schools.page?d...79&state=TX

Wow. If only your hypocrisy applied to Native Americans. Or do they just not count?

Forgive my freedom of free speech in my form of typing, you spoke of my ethnic heritage. My grandmother on my fathers'

side of our family was full blood American Indian, my Mothers' side was Scotish & German. My father decided to leave my

mother with five children to raise by herself so he could start another family with his hispanic mistress back in 1958. Due to

my father running away from his responsibilities I was not allowed to imbrace my grandmothers' heritage. There fore I must

imbrace the heritage of PROUD TEXAN & PROUD AMERICAN.

Guest Marty

The US government is never going to deport the 12-20 million illegals that reside in this country so you might as well forget about that. More people vote on a show about karaoke singers than the presidential elections.

The US government is never going to deport the 12-20 million illegals that reside in this country so you might as well forget about that. More people vote on a show about karaoke singers than the presidential elections.

After all, American Idol gets a lot of underage kids. Also, I believe people may vote more than once. Am I correct?

Guest Marty
After all, American Idol gets a lot of underage kids. Also, I believe people may vote more than once. Am I correct?

Yes people do vote more than once some people who have been dead for ten years vote also. pet's vote too. do the research. and on the karaoke Howard Stern is interfering by having his audience vote for a loser. Its a mad mad mad mad world. ;)

I don't know what you're drinking over there in Pasadena but NO BODY is dictating that anyone be forced to learn any language. Feel free to rant with your free-style use of Caps all you like but be prepared to be called out when you make so many absurd statements.

Please feel free to point out that I over use capital letters while I type in this forum, you show all that you have a superior education. I feel the need to type what my heart compels me to do, so if my capitalization in type offends thee..... well you know?

I speak from personal experience here, I have been told many times that if I want to fit in to the future of Pasadena I should learn spanish, on one occasion in the early 90's I was chewed out in spanish by an elderly spanish gentleman , he felyt I was not embracing my spanish heritage because I did not speak to him in spanish. For one thing I am not hispanic, I am however part American Indian / Scotish & German. What other ethnic group in America has ever had an entire nation change policies, allowed so many birthright freedom through Amnesty,major companies advertising in another language other than English "nationwide". I do not speak so much with racism as much as so many think..... I am TEXAN old school if you wish to label me so. I was raised by a loving mother that indured so much hardship to raise 5 children without any government aid. Our family was all we had back then, to see so many folks that just stand in line for everything to be handed out to them rather than, like my mother got one,two or at times three jobs to raise her children. Anger comes to mind surely, but 5 children never wanted for anything, because Mom gave us healthy doses of love, respect and gentle words of scriptured Faith. In your everyday observations do you see children showing their parents the respect they should, and better yet do you get shown the repect your parents taught you to always show others. racism racism racism that word gets used alot, why not RESPECT of our differences, after all we all were made in Gods image, he just had a more diversified selection of colors in his box of crayons to design us with.

Archived