Banks In Midtown

Hey everyone... I've lived in Midtown for a year and half. I'm new to this site but I hope to contribute as much as possible. For my first topic.....

How many banks does Midtown need? There's a WAMU on West Gray and Smith, a new Capital One going up at Bagby and Hadley, and now I see a Chase going in at McGowen and Louisiana. I mean seriously, what's up with all the banks?

Hey everyone... I've lived in Midtown for a year and half. I'm new to this site but I hope to contribute as much as possible. For my first topic.....

How many banks does Midtown need? There's a WAMU on West Gray and Smith, a new Capital One going up at Bagby and Hadley, and now I see a Chase going in at McGowen and Louisiana. I mean seriously, what's up with all the banks?

Don't forget Bank of America! Actually, there's a lit of them at http://www.houstonmidtown.com/midtown.cfm?a=cms,c,38,1

Bank of America

Central Bank

FirstCapital Bank

Metro Bank

PrimeWay Federal Credit Union

Wells Fargo Bank

Washington Mutual

I know the feeling. It's sickening. I've lived here for three years, and, within two square miles, I have:

- 6 dry cleaners.

- 3 pharmacies.

- A million bars.

- 3 cell phone stores

Never mind that the things we NEED around here - a hardware store, a video store, a bookstore, a Target-like super store - are nowhere to be found. For some strange reason, people think all we need in midtown are sports bars, banks, dry cleaners, pharmacies and cell phone stores.

I'd give my right arm for an urban-style, multi-story, Target in midtown.

• The title was changed to Banks In Midtown

Archived