Still Standing Ii - Art Deco And Earlier

Guest danax

Yes, they're all East enders. They're still here because there was almost no development pressure on this side of town for literally 50 years until the past few. Now, the developers as licking their chops so there's certainly no guarantee these will survive the next 50 years. An example, Michael Berry Properties (THE Michael Berry, I'm assuming) is selling vacant lots near the Buffalo Bayou on the eastside, the most expensive being 1.09 acres for 1.19 million. :o Speculating on the eventual Buffalo Bayou Master Plan being fulfilled.

• 2 weeks later...
IMG_0082.jpg

There is a great Art Deco for sale in Idylwood with the original mural from the 1940's going up the stairs

Great find, rps. Makes me wonder what the rest of the house looks like. Is this one of those larger homes by the Bayou?

Its interesting that that house incorporated an attached, 2-car garage in front. I'm guessing that would have been considered pretty avant-garde for 1940.

• 4 years later...
IMG_0082.jpg

There is a great Art Deco for sale in Idylwood with the original mural from the 1940's going up the stairs

Here's that picture of the Art Deco mural in Idylwood I been trying to find again..beautiful, those were very popular at that time. I love the color combination here, not too bright, very classy. Wonder if it's still there.

Note : from post#1, Danax list, I saw that 1931 bldg. for sale recently on HAR.

Archived