Turnberry Galleria Luxury High-Rise At 5048 Hidalgo St.

That actually sounds like an interesting venture. Never really considered the views available. And it would certainly bring more of a touristy element to the water wall and environs--though, you worry about some developers' penchant for cheese when constructing these type things.

We'll see.

It could be a mini central park for us. The summer would never be an issue, it is ALWAYS 10 degree cooler will all the mist coming from the fountain. Great potential.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any word on this? thanks!

Jeff

Sorry, here is the photo I promised, just forgot to post.

The clubhouse or whatever it is, is on the left.

I took this photo looking southeast from the Nordstrom/Macy's parking garage.

You can also see the completed Empire on the right.

486wr2q.jpg

Sorry, here is the photo I promised, just forgot to post.

The clubhouse or whatever it is, is on the left.

I took this photo looking southeast from the Nordstrom/Macy's parking garage.

You can also see the completed Empire on the right.

486wr2q.jpg

I went to Houston about 2 weeks ago and went through the Galleria area forgot to look at this and other projects I wanted to see. When I got to the area I got so cought up looking at that new book store and stuff in the Galleria where Lord And Taylor use to be. Everytime I go to Houston I for get how big it really is. I also wanted to see the highrise going up where that James Conney Island was in Uptown, how is that going along.

I went to Houston about 2 weeks ago and went through the Galleria area forgot to look at this and other projects I wanted to see. When I got to the area I got so cought up looking at that new book store and stuff in the Galleria where Lord And Taylor use to be. Everytime I go to Houston I for get how big it really is. I also wanted to see the highrise going up where that James Conney Island was in Uptown, how is that going along.

Not to get too far off topic, but how IS the new bookstore and stuff in the Galleria where L&T used to be? Any one have any pics?

Not to get too far off topic, but how IS the new bookstore and stuff in the Galleria where L&T used to be? Any one have any pics?

Nope, that is a Borders and is one the Westhiemer side of the Galleria.

This photo is not within the Galleria complex, but rather just south of it off Hildago.

The structure in question is definitely a sales center and it won't be ready until early spring.

As I said earlier in this thread, the Sales Center will definitely contain a model apartment along with offices for the sales staff.

Expect to see information about the project within the next couple of months.

Here are some previous Turnberry projects, which hopefully give us an idea of what is to come!

Turnberry Towers: Las Vegas (there are actually a pair of towers)

las_vegas_turnberry_towers1.jpg

Turnberry Place: Las Vegas

turnberryplace.jpg

Turnberry Ocean Colony: Miami?

Two%20buildings%20together.jpg

Turnberry Beach House: Miami

beach_house_MAIN.jpg

Anyway, these where just grabed off google image search so you can probably find some nicer pictures if your interested. Check out their residential portion of their website http://www.turnberryltd.com/index.php?pageName=home. Its kind of exciting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone posted this article in the wrong thread, so I am posting it here for documentation where it belongs.

and yes, sadly it has lost 4 floors, but supposedly it was possibly going to be 34, so 38 is a nice compromise, and still significant.

More plush towers going up in Galleria

Houston Business Journal - February 16, 2007by Jennifer DawsonHouston Business Journal

Print this Article Email this Article Reprints RSS Feeds Most Viewed Most Emailed

A 38-story condo tower planned by Florida-based Turnberry Associates also waits in the wings just south of the Galleria between Hidalgo and West Alabama.

John Breeding, president of the Uptown Houston District, says the explosion of residential development by multiple developers shows that the properties are performing well.

More on the article here.

Edited by Pumapayam

Someone posted this article in the wrong thread, so I am posting it here for documentation where it belongs.

and yes, sadly it has lost 4 floors, but supposedly it was possibly going to be 34, so 38 is a nice compromise, and still significant.

More plush towers going up in Galleria

Houston Business Journal - February 16, 2007by Jennifer DawsonHouston Business Journal

Print this Article Email this Article Reprints RSS Feeds Most Viewed Most Emailed

A 38-story condo tower planned by Florida-based Turnberry Associates also waits in the wings just south of the Galleria between Hidalgo and West Alabama.

John Breeding, president of the Uptown Houston District, says the explosion of residential development by multiple developers shows that the properties are performing well.

More on the article here.

Thanks for the update. In terms of height relative to the surrounding towers in UT, with the Williams Tower as an exception, will this tower, at 38 stories, stick out? I am sure the design is going to be mostly steel and glass, like similar Turnberry projects. But, i am not familiar with the heights of the surrounding towers. Is this one to be significantly taller? Any comparisons are appreciated.

m. :)

Thanks for the update. In terms of height relative to the surrounding towers in UT, with the Williams Tower as an exception, will this tower, at 38 stories, stick out? I am sure the design is going to be mostly steel and glass, like similar Turnberry projects. But, i am not familiar with the heights of the surrounding towers. Is this one to be significantly taller? Any comparisons are appreciated.

m. :)

At 38 stories it will stick out plenty in that area. The only building close to that height would be Williams and the Mark.

At 38 stories it will stick out plenty in that area. The only building close to that height would be Williams and the Mark.

Yeah, I'm actually a bit concerned that this building will diminish the impact of Williams Tower on the Galleria area skyline. It'll just look less imposing with something so tall right next to it.

How many stories is the Williams Tower, I doubt it would diminish the Impact. Uptown is builind many medium sized structures, I wonder when and if we would see something as tall as the Williams over there.

Williams is 64 stories.

This new Turnberry tower will be roughly half the size.

Well, let's look at other new residential highrises...

The Mercer is 400 feet at 30 stories

One Park Place will be 501 feet at 37 stories

Dominion Post Oak is 351 feet at 31 stories

Montebello is 330 feet at 30 stories

I know amenities will differ and that floor heights won't be exactly the same on each flor as what's in those other buildings but in general, it looks like a 38-story tower will net you somewhere between 425 - 475 feet.

I know amenities will differ and that floor heights won't be exactly the same on each flor as what's in those other buildings but in general, it looks like a 38-story tower will net you somewhere between 425 - 475 feet.

And since according to Emporis, Williams Tower is 901 ft.

That would put the new Turnberry tower at roughly 47.2% to 52.7% according to your bldg ht. estimates based on surrounding residential projects.

or in other words..

... roughly half the size.

Which, don't get me wrong Niche... that is still quite a presence right next to Williams....... But roughly 50% is less a presence than 60%

Edited by Highway6

If you're gonna be that nitpicky.. I assume you took into consideration the difference in floor to floor heights between residential and office spaces? :)

No, as I don't know how high the ceilings will be in the new building. I also did not take into account any structured parking on which the residential building may sit. I don't have enough information to do anything other than compare the number of stories.