Home At 12926 Memorial Dr.

retromodernjeff

I have been in this house before I think. It was still pretty original, which is good. The yard needed a ton of work which isn't that big a deal. There was traffic noise from Memorial, but I think replacing the windows would eliminate most of that. When I sold Shin'enkan's house in Briarmeadow, it faced Richmond which is at least as busy. They had replaced the windows with insulated ones and it was quiet as a tomb in there.

Edited by rps324

My biggest concern not knowing the area would be too much traffic noise. I have lived in major cities and like some noise. As for the property itself, the landscaping and renovations are not an issue. I would rather start with a worn down original than a re-muddled one. It looks like it may be 25ft or greater setback from the road. The agent also missed that it has a wood burning fireplace.

I believe the house next door is 12915 which looks pretty cool.

Hey RPS our house is still for sale, but we intend on running you ragged once we come down to buy.

My biggest concern not knowing the area would be too much traffic noise. I have lived in major cities and like some noise. As for the property itself, the landscaping and renovations are not an issue. I would rather start with a worn down original than a re-muddled one. It looks like it may be 25ft or greater setback from the road. The agent also missed that it has a wood burning fireplace.

I believe the house next door is 12915 which looks pretty cool.

Hey RPS our house is still for sale, but we intend on running you ragged once we come down to buy.

These days I'm pretty ragged to begin with!

I have often admired this house located at 12926 Memorial Drive since we moved into the area in 1968 and am very pleased to see it in such wonderful condition inside, especially considering its history. I remember this house sitting vacant for many years throughout much or all of the 1970

I stopped by and peeked through the windows last Thursday. Great house, lots of potential. Has back wall of windows and a great kitchen layout. Also has a stone fireplace on the other side of the living area. Baths needed major updating. Back yard needs to be bulldozed and re-sodded (lots of gravel and overgrown crap everywhere). I drove by yesterday and it looked like they were replacing the driveway.

The traffic is TERRIBLE on Memorial Dr. Regardless of what anyone says, backing your car up would be an accident waiting to happen. Its pretty much non-stop noise. I dont think it would be that big of an issue if the house was set back another 15 feet or so, but being so close to that busy of a street is definitely an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Home At 12926 Memorial Dr.