• Dallas / Ft. Worth
    • Austin
    • Elsewhere in Texas
    • Outside Texas

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Those are like brand new, right? I remember seeing them under construction like, at the beginning of the year, or the end of last year.

• 1 month later...
I live here in the the historic Forth Ward:

Wow, WestGrayGuy, I drive by your house all the time! How freaky. I have a friend that lives on Mason @ Welch in one of the Perrys (like yours, I think). I LOOOVE those converted townhomes(?) across the street from you. Can't remember the name, but they are really neat.

Anyways, I live in Memorial Heights. That's not an option on the list. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

off of OST and Almeda - the complex is nice but the area really sucks! Nothing to do - at - all. You can bet your ass Im moving away from this place as soon as my lease is up!!!! Hopefully I can find a nice place north of Rice U. or in the "Lower Montrose/Musuem District" area.

My buddy lives in Lakewood.

He restored a beautiful home on the ravine that an old SMU prof owned.

I love that hood.

I am actually in Hollywood Heights, a little cluster of homes within Lakewood. It is awesome. Sometimes I think I am in a James Stewart movie. Kids running down the street, American flags flying on the front of homes and the random gunshots at night. Gotta love it.

Oddly enough I just noticed this is a poll!  And even odder is the poll leaves off The Medical Center!  There are thousands of people who live in and around it.

Original Timmy Chans and Myself are two that do.

I read somewhere in another post that you live near OST and Almeda. I'm not too far on the other side of 288, south of Yellowstone, west of Scott.

You mentioned that your immediate area is on the bland side, which I agree with. There are really no amenities in the area other than Krogers, Guy's Meat Market and a couple gas stations. But...isn't it great being 5 minutes or less from downtown, Museum District, Rice Village, Montrose, Reliant/S. Main, Meyerland, UH, Gulfgate, etc?

I am literally within a 5 minute drive of each of those places.

At least on our side of 288 we've got some retail at OST and Scott. It seems to be more lacking (more sterile) on the Med Center side.

I can't wait for light rail (or BRT). That's going to make things interesting in the Scott Street corridor.

Archived