HAIF - Houston's original social media

Houston Rockets 2007-8 Season

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I give it a B. I'm glad we traded away Batum. Morey is a genius.

And championships NEVER won in any era get no asterisk.

So, if Utah does not hang banners for 1st round victories, what DO they hang them for? It sure aint for championships.

When are you going to school me on history on the Texans thread? Cat got ur tongue? I can't wait to hear why my history is revisionist...

**Clutch City :P

** Try to get out of the first round in the 2000's.

:P

Hey, it is not a big deal since Rockets would'nt have won it this year anyway or any of those years in 2000. It hurts worst when you make it to back-to-back finals and get beaten in the last few seconds of the finals... :P

The Texans, as unglorious as they have been, beat out your lack of Utah team any day of the week. And football is king, take your little basketball victory and go high five someone.

I'm a seaon ticket holder to the Texans. I love the Texans. I was just referring to a post that Red Scare made on the Texans thread...I fully support the Texans and the Astros.

Hey, it is not a big deal since Rockets would'nt have won it this year anyway or any of those years in 2000. It hurts worst when you make it to back-to-back finals and get beaten in the last few seconds of the finals... :P

So true...Okay folks...Congrats to the Rockets on a great season. They will be much tougher next year. I am off to go watch the Astros at Minute Maid (hopefully, the roof will be open) and then I will be coming home to watch my Tivo Jazz/Lakers game.

Ciao! :)

I'm a seaon ticket holder to the Texans. I love the Texans. I was just referring to a post that Red Scare made on the Texans thread...I fully support the Texans and the Astros.

So true...Okay folks...Congrats to the Rockets on a great season. They will be much tougher next year. I am off to go watch the Astros at Minute Maid (hopefully, the roof will be open) and then I will be coming home to watch my Tivo Jazz/Lakers game.

Ciao! :)

Well your original prediction came true...you should not have modified it so many times...

Congrats to Utah on a good series that they really won the first two games in Houston...now it will get really tough against the Lakers. They (Jazz) are going to have to play better than they did the last few games against Houston to win that series, but I dont think you guys are out of it if you drop the first two in LA as long as you figure out something that works defensively for you in Utah. I have heard many say Lakers in seven...I say Lakers in Six. Can't wait for Lakers-Hornets if it comes to pass...my dream scenario is Kobe getting the MVP then Chris Paul and Co. schooling LA a la Hakeem v. Robinson.

and one last note...I hope you don't really believe that any Rockets Champ should come with anything close to an asterisk. Jordan didn't play in 93-94 because he was retired. There is NO precedent in sports history to say any Champ in any league gets an asterisk after the best player in an era retires. Should every series winner get an asterisk after Babe left the game...how many years after? Also, I could say that Hakeem in 93-94 may have been better than MJ that year, especially if MJ's heart wasn't in it and he was going through a lot of off the court turmoil. And what about the 94-95 Championship where Jordan played 19 regular season games and the Playoffs? They had no answer for Shaq and Penny, but Hakeem did. The Rockets were the best team in the league for two full seasons with the most dominant player in the era at the center position...no asterisk needed.

Well your original prediction came true...you should not have modified it so many times...

Congrats to Utah on a good series that they really won the first two games in Houston...now it will get really tough against the Lakers. They (Jazz) are going to have to play better than they did the last few games against Houston to win that series, but I dont think you guys are out of it if you drop the first two in LA as long as you figure out something that works defensively for you in Utah. I have heard many say Lakers in seven...I say Lakers in Six. Can't wait for Lakers-Hornets if it comes to pass...my dream scenario is Kobe getting the MVP then Chris Paul and Co. schooling LA a la Hakeem v. Robinson.

and one last note...I hope you don't really believe that any Rockets Champ should come with anything close to an asterisk. Jordan didn't play in 93-94 because he was retired. There is NO precedent in sports history to say any Champ in any league gets an asterisk after the best player in an era retires. Should every series winner get an asterisk after Babe left the game...how many years after? Also, I could say that Hakeem in 93-94 may have been better than MJ that year, especially if MJ's heart wasn't in it and he was going through a lot of off the court turmoil. And what about the 94-95 Championship where Jordan played 19 regular season games and the Playoffs? They had no answer for Shaq and Penny, but Hakeem did. The Rockets were the best team in the league for two full seasons with the most dominant player in the era at the center position...no asterisk needed.

Just playin' with the asterisk. Those were great Rockets teams. Redscare just brings out the worst in me and I like to taunt him. :D The Jazz are going to have a difficult time with the Lakers, but we'll see how it plays out. It won't help if Kobe gets to the line as many times as he did yesterday. We need to steal this next one in LA... I would love to see the Hornets knock off the Spurs. Wouldn't that be a nice, symbolic, changing of the guard? Chris Paul is amazing...

• 1 month later...

What's everyone think of our draft picks? I only know Dorsey and have never heard of the other two. I like Dorsey a lot, it's just too bad he doesn't have an offensive game.

I tried going to Dave & Busters last night for the draft party that was supposed to start at 6:30. I got there a little after 6 and parking was non-existent. Apparently it's always like that b/c every parking lot in a quarter mile radius had signs posted at the entrance that it was customer parking only and all others will be towed, especially if going to D&B.

I ended up going to that sports bar next door. Scott Something bar. Besides friends of the owner, my friend and I were the only people not black(the owner is white, go figure). Nice place. Good Chilli.

I give it a B. I'm glad we traded away Batum.

Morey is a genius.

I just read up on Green from a couple of nba draft websites. I think we're really gonna like this kid. I love LOVE Dorsey. He's a beast.

I wonder what we'll the rest of the summer...?

Is it time for a new thread for the new season?

I've seen this talked about a few times in different articles...

Morley added that Greene will probably struggle to crack the veteran rotation in Houston next season.

I think that's a good strategy by Morey. Usually GMs and coaches talk about them fitting in the system and getting the most out of them blah blah blah...I like this b/c it's the truth and hopefully it'll make Greene determined.

• 1 month later...

The Rockets now have Ron Artest. He was traded to Houston for Bobby Jackson, Donte Greene, and a first round pick. In other words, Rockets got a complete steal and robbed Sacramento.

What the heeze?!! When I saw a new post in this thread, I knew something was up. Rocket talk in July??

I don't know what to think. I really like Artest, but I was starting to get excited about Greene.

Wow, very mixed feelings on this one.

Depending on Artests contract situation, yeah, this could be a steal.

edit: Why didn't Fagen give Artests contract situation? Did I miss it? Stupid!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...kn/5914062.html

edit2: "For the Rockets, even the short-term of Artest's contract (with one season worth $7.4 million left before he becomes a free agent) is a good thing." Am I dumb or is that wordy? Don't answer that. Just one season and possibly two first rounders? Granted you never really know what you're getting out of a drafted player, that's a lot to give up in my eyes for one year. That is unless we win the championship.

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2008/07/ron_ron...kets_picku.html

Edited by lockmat

I mean, he was involved in the biggest fight in modern day American history (Brawl at the Palace 2004), but he didn't start it. He tried to stay away from it and was laying on a table when a fan through beer on him. That's when hell broke loose.

He still has that fire in him, but he wants to play for Rick Adelman (Rockets coach). He had his best days under him.

I mean, he was involved in the biggest fight in modern day American history (Brawl at the Palace 2004), but he didn't start it. He tried to stay away from it and was laying on a table when a fan through beer on him. That's when hell broke loose.

He still has that fire in him, but he wants to play for Rick Adelman (Rockets coach). He had his best days under him.

I like this deal. We all know the Rockets need a leader, someone with passion, someone aggressive. I think Artest can be that guy. Let T-Mac slide back out of the leadership role and focus on his game. Let Artest be vocal. I really like this move.

The Rockets essentially acquired Artest for a bowl of grits. I mean, Green could turn out to be a good player and the future first rounder might be a decent player, but Artest is a legit 20 point per game player who can defend and add toughness. Plus, he likes to drive to the basket, something the Rox desperately needs during crunch time.

I could see if the Rockets gave up a lot but they essentially bought a bottle of Glenlivet for the cost of a 12-oz can of Coke.

This worries me just a little bit. Hopefully I'm just misunderstanding it?

"I'm still not the type of guy to do all the right things. That's not my culture. I was raised different, but that doesn't mean I'm not a good person. I might do different things. I might say I don't want to be a King or that my teammates aren't playing hard, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person. I might have had the [incident] in Detroit, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be traded."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3510261

Edited by lockmat