It's also funny that you intentionally will not bring up comparisons to Sugarland or Clear Lake.

clear lake and sugarland have comparable qualities; however, they lack the cohesive, planned environment the woodlands provides. imho.

although over 30% of the woodlands population works in the woodlands, the majority of the remaining workers have jobs in the greater houston area. the woodlands shares a symbiotic relationship with houston as do all the other suburbs/exurbs.

unlike other suburbs, the woodlands has a respectable list of national and international headquarters right in town center and the research forest.

Anadarko Petroleum Corporation

Baker Hughes

Chevron Phillips Chemical Co., LLP

CB&I

FOX Networks Group

Grant Prideco

Halliburton

Hewitt Associates

Huntsman Chemical Co.

Jones Walker

Lexicon Genetics

Maersk Sealand

Rigaku Corp.

US Oncology

Winstead

there are over one hundred other major corporations represented in the woodlands proper.

it's funny when redscare compares the woodlands to humble and alvin. lol

Bachanon, I can't believe you left Woodforest National Bank off your list. They are headquartered here. Even during this tough economic time they are still expanding all over the eastern US.

Bachanon, I can't believe you left Woodforest National Bank off your list. They are headquartered here. Even during this tough economic time they are still expanding all over the eastern US.

oops, my bad. maybe it's because they've lost my payroll deposit and delayed cash deposits on more than one occasion. they look good on the books, but they are very inconsistent with customer service and "DEPOSIT BOOKKEEPING". scary. how many times can they say it was a "coding error". really.

Look I love The Woodlands. It's the best burb here is imo. There's those who can and those who can't. And those who can't watch those who can. I agree with the poster about the boats. The drainage ditch smear made me chuckle. I think it has potential though...especially if they open up the Houston Museum of Natural Science. I think Sugar Land is highly overrated. The only reason why The Woodlands didn't make the list for best small city to live in is because it's not a city. So Sugar Landers can snub The Woodlands, but at the end of the day, I think The Woodlands far outshines all other burbs.

Aside from all the major corporations headquartered here, we also have the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, a planned location for a MAJOR museum, a very nice mall, Earthquest will be a hope, skip, and a jump. That alone should (I would think) make property values skyrocket across south county. We're very close to IAH and we do have the largest skyline of any suburb...BY FAR.

• 11 months later...

Can anyone else find the condo tower thread? I can't, but i found this information from harvey's website:

As though this garage was not already special enough, the basement level will be used for private parking for the 22-story, high-end condominium planned to sit adjacent to the garage. Individual enclosed spaces will be available for the condominium owners to purchase.

http://www.harveybuilders.com/projects/other/waterway_square_garage.html

• 1 month later...

town center scores a tiffany & co at market street. bobby chan joins norton ditto in the menswear offerings also at market street.

kita japanese cuisine opens at 24 waterway july 1st.

on street parking, walkways, trees and streetlights continue to be added on waterway avenue, six pines, lake robbins and timberloch.

red onion is out at 24 waterway. flying saucer rumored to have scouted the area, but woodlands not sure if they want another drinking establishment so close to baker street, goose's acre and 24 rio.

pure is open on research forest near gosling. hubbell & hudson express to go in new mixed use building across the street.

the luxury senior living complex "the village" at the woodlands waterway to open later this year. http://www.bridgewood.us/current5.html i'm anxious to see if the exterior facade looks less institutional than the rendering. i think it's meant to be modern but could go either way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

market street reports..."Openings scheduled by this fall include Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen where diners can enjoy the restaurant’s unique taste of New Orleans with great-tasting gumbo, hearty po-boys and other favorites. Another Market Street newcomer is The Cupcakery, a family-owned business with locations in Las Vegas and Dallas where more than one million cupcakes have been enjoyed."

a flying saucer town center location rumor has resurfaced....could be a good sign. although disappointed that a red onion concept did not materialize in the sirenuse' space at 24 waterway, the (fingers crossed) soon to be announced location taker will surely make other suburbs green with envy.

a martini bar concept is about to pop up somewhere in town center. an eye witness noticed some official looking "look-see" going on at the old chocolata location across from hubbell & hudson recently. do not know if the two are related, but the location would be great for a non-brew serving type establishment. on the roxx, maybe?

shenandoah's portofino center may be getting a spring creek bbq location along with the bj's restaurant & brewhouse currently under construction.

alden bridge residents will have a new healthy eatery featuring gluten free menu items, near rico's in the alden bridge shopping center.

lest i forget, kita, the new japanese restaurant at 24 waterway is delicious (and beautiful)!

the woodlands township recently approved a $25K study for a permanent performing arts location in town center.

the waterway marriott is undergoing or about to undergo a multi-million dollar update. the senior living center on the waterway at grogan's mill is topped out....still anxious about the facade. i so hope they don't go "brick"! give me cement, steel, glass or stone please.

• 1 month later...

.........little bird has been busy lately. the woodlands continues to attract big name retailers. big spenders who are "not from around these parts" must be spending freely. following tiffany & co, market street is rumored to be getting a "bb" and the woodlands mall may yet land a "nm".

it's hard to believe there are still houses for sale under $130K in walking distance.

oh, and the luxury senior living facility facade..........brick. boooooooo!

.........little bird has been busy lately. the woodlands continues to attract big name retailers. big spenders who are "not from around these parts" must be spending freely. following tiffany & co, market street is rumored to be getting a "bb" and the woodlands mall may yet land a "nm".

it's hard to believe there are still houses for sale under $130K in walking distance.

oh, and the luxury senior living facility facade..........brick. boooooooo!

bb??? nm Neiman Marcus?

Have any HAR listings for these homes? I searched 77380 and can't find any.

http://search.har.co...7380&FOR_SALE=1

or maybe you're talking about this one?

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=74952303&backButton=Y

Edited by lockmat

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

market street reports..."Openings scheduled by this fall include Schilleci’s New Orleans Kitchen where diners can enjoy the restaurant’s unique taste of New Orleans with great-tasting gumbo, hearty po-boys and other favorites. Another Market Street newcomer is The Cupcakery, a family-owned business with locations in Las Vegas and Dallas where more than one million cupcakes have been enjoyed."

a flying saucer town center location rumor has resurfaced....could be a good sign. although disappointed that a red onion concept did not materialize in the sirenuse' space at 24 waterway, the (fingers crossed) soon to be announced location taker will surely make other suburbs green with envy.

a martini bar concept is about to pop up somewhere in town center. an eye witness noticed some official looking "look-see" going on at the old chocolata location across from hubbell & hudson recently. do not know if the two are related, but the location would be great for a non-brew serving type establishment. on the roxx, maybe?

shenandoah's portofino center may be getting a spring creek bbq location along with the bj's restaurant & brewhouse currently under construction.

alden bridge residents will have a new healthy eatery featuring gluten free menu items, near rico's in the alden bridge shopping center.

lest i forget, kita, the new japanese restaurant at 24 waterway is delicious (and beautiful)!

the woodlands township recently approved a $25K study for a permanent performing arts location in town center.

the waterway marriott is undergoing or about to undergo a multi-million dollar update. the senior living center on the waterway at grogan's mill is topped out....still anxious about the facade. i so hope they don't go "brick"! give me cement, steel, glass or stone please.

on the rox sports bar and grill landed in the old marco's location on sawdust....opening soon.

while i'm here:

northside fiat dealer opening showroom on the first floor of the town center garage, just down from hubbell and hudson.

stir crazy, asian cuisine, opening in the old chocolata location.

coal burger, under crush and next to/over grimaldi's;

la lupita mexican and luca & leonardo italian opening soon.

i heard that a new bar concept is opening in the old 24 rio location, also next to hubbell and hudson and a small restaurant (tacos?) to occupy a portion of the vacant sirenuse location (24 waterway).

count 'em....seven new retail locations opening by this summer in the area around waterway square. this does not leave much retail space for this area. 2 waterway square coming soon? maybe?

.....and the senior living facility....looks much better than i had imagined.

Edited by bachanon

waterway square brochure

scroll down the brochure and there is a rendering of the waterway square area that gives an idea of the size of 2 (brochure says "3"?) waterway square. unfortunately, shorter than 4 waterway. you can make out two additional buildings to the left of u.s. oncology (lower left hand corner of same rendering).

waterway square brochure

scroll down the brochure and there is a rendering of the waterway square area that gives an idea of the size of 2 (brochure says "3"?) waterway square. unfortunately, shorter than 4 waterway. you can make out two additional buildings to the left of u.s. oncology (lower left hand corner of same rendering).

Oh, and look. The last page has a jet. Since it's in a brochure, it must necessarily mean something.

• Like 1

Oh, and look. The last page has a jet. Since it's in a brochure, it must necessarily mean something.

point taken (lol)....no need to be rude. it's fun. i spoke to a guy from harvey construction while 24 waterway was being completed. i believe u.s.oncology was under construction and asked about future buildings, he mentioned two more buildings next to it. the rendering i saw this morning has two more buildings exactly where the harvey construction guy said they would be. i'm sure he has seen models of the "proposed" buildings or drawings. regardless, it was exciting to make the connection.

New Office Building Development in The Woodlands:

The Woodlands Development Co. plans to break ground in four to six months on its next Class A office building following the recent Newfield Exploration Co. lease that fills the remainder of 4 Waterway Square

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2011/04/29/newfield-hq-move-prompts-new-office.html

News about 4 Waterway Square:

The landlord confirmed this week that Newfield leased 91,000 square feet in the 216,000-square-foot building — taking the nine-story property up to 99 percent full.

Read more: Newfield HQ move prompts new office development in The Woodlands | Houston Business Journal

Edited by Sellanious Caesar

New Office Building Development in The Woodlands:

http://www.bizjourna...new-office.html

News about 4 Waterway Square:

topics merged

this will mean the construction of 2 waterway square. you can see a partial view of it via the waterway square link above. it's the brochure niche poo pooed....."Since it's in a brochure, it must necessarily mean something."

topics merged

this will mean the construction of 2 waterway square. you can see a partial view of it via the waterway square link above. it's the brochure niche poo pooed....."Since it's in a brochure, it must necessarily mean something."

On the brochure, I don't see any mentioning of a 2 wateway, only a 3 waterway.

On the brochure, I don't see any mentioning of a 2 wateway, only a 3 waterway.

i noticed that too. i've seen "2" waterway elsewhere. the brochure is the first i've seen of "3". 24 waterway avenue is on waterway square with a waterway avenue address, but then 4 waterway square (and 3 or 2 waterway square) is/are on woodloch forest/lake robbins.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

That the circuit city building is finally being occupied? I know, it has been how long, like at least three years?

“We are going to be doing more than a remodel,” Scoville said. “It’s going to be a complete new façade; we are actually cutting the building back a few thousand feet. It will be a fairly dramatic transformation; it’s not going to look like an old Circuit City building.”

...nice!

Edited by lockmat

actually, i was thinking it's about time we had a container store, but yes, it is also about time the circuit city location had some activity.

REI would do well in the woodlands too.........i wonder if anyone is trying to lure them here? .....the demographics appear to be on point per REI's website.