Cheaters Creator Wants To Tone It Down

ricco67

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/m...politan/2919109

Nov. 25, 2004, 8:54PM

Cheaters creator wants to tone it down

100 episodes of Dallas reality show are being re-edited

Associated Press

DALLAS - The creator of the reality television show Cheaters, which helps furious lovers track down and confront philandering mates, is trying to tone down the program's tawdriness.

Nearly 100 episodes from the Dallas-based show's first four seasons are being re-edited to further obscure sexual activity and foul language to avoid any possible government fines, says creator and executive producer Bobby Goldstein.

Swear words and sex abound in the program as viewers ask Cheaters private investigators to follow their mates around town and prove they're having affairs.

Presented with the lurid evidence, the jilted lover is allowed to confront the jerk on air, often during an intimate moment.

Goldstein said he hadn't received any complaints but wanted to avoid scrutiny as the Federal Communications Commission boosts enforcement of indecency laws.

No scenes will be cut, but the editors will digitally blur any depiction or inference of sexual activity and will drop the sound from all swear words and their close cousins.

As a personal sidenote: This is a guilty pleasure of mine and catch it when I can. I hope it stays just as good. :)

R

Archived