How do you get to work?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How do you get to work?

• Walk
    • Bike
    • Drive
    • Metro - Bus
    • Metro - Train

Also, it was my volvo dealler that told me not to come in for oil changes at 3000 miles. I'd figure he would be all for it since they would be charging me for services.

He told me 7500 miles and don't worry about three months thing. I've been doing this for about three years. I haven't had any problems with my engine with this oil changing pattern.

The price was good too. It cost me $27 for the sevice and that includes a car wash. Wal-Mart is $24-27 (depending on brand of oil) and you don't get the wash.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, it was my volvo dealler that told me not to come in for oil changes at 3000 miles. I'd figure he would be all for it since they would be charging me for services.

He told me 7500 miles and don't worry about three months thing. I've been doing this for about three years. I haven't had any problems with my engine with this oil changing pattern.

The price was good too. It cost me $27 for the sevice and that includes a car wash. Wal-Mart is $24-27 (depending on brand of oil) and you don't get the wash.

Unless you are using Mobil 1 you should not go any further than 5000 miles on ANY regular oil. This is Houston, Texas. Humidity and heat break down the oil's viscosity faster. How many miles on that Volvo, and what engine is it ? I am in the automobile industry also, I would never run my own car that long without an oil change. I have to remind my own mother to change her oil every 3 months, because she only drives about 1500 miles in 3 months.

It Valvoline Synthetic.

The Volvo is a 2001 S60 2.4l 5 cylinder.

I've been doing the 7500 mile thing for three years. The car has 60,000 miles on it.

I've serviced it at all intervals. I haven't had a mechanical problem yet.

My vehicle mannual even suggest 7500 miles on synthetic unless you are in a lot of stop and go traffic or in a heavily dusty (desert) area; then it is 3500 miles.

I like it.

The car is built like brick, at least they don't look like them anymore.

I like the smaller s40's now. In a few years I may swicth to one of those.

If you take care of your cars, they'll take care of you.

My daily driver is a '72 cutlass supreme. Rocket 350, with all Edelbrock parts, gets a whopping 8 miles per gallon, and it has to use Super Unleaded, lucky me ! I only drive about 4 miles to work, so I only have to fill up once a week. I drive a little more on the weekends. She only has 59k on her, but about 3k miles on the rebuilt engine. I use 20w-50 weight in her, make sure that old iron is nice and lubricated. B)

Cool,

I've been seeing a lot of them. I think Dodge/Chrysler made a good turn when being bought by Mercedes-Benz. The quality just seemed to go up.

Oh, and what's coming and going from my ass is none of your business.

Cool,

I've been seeing a lot of them. I think Dodge/Chrysler made a good turn when being bought by Mercedes-Benz. The quality just seemed to go up.

Oh, and what's coming and going from my ass is none of your business.

I apologize, I couldn't resist the jab, (no pun intended) :D

• 1 year later...

I drive but its only three miles. I guess I'm lucky because I live inside the loop and I work inside the loop. I could never deal with the commute to the 'burbs, but I know to each his own.

I will probably take the Metro Rail when it's cool enough to walk from the Astrodome station to Almeda without sweating like a pig. It's only a mile walk but it's hot out!

I do take the metro when I go to the medical center, or downtown (because of parking issues and because I find it kind of liberating to take a break from driving sometimes).

I drive (only 5 miles so theoretically I could bike) but I don't like the thought of battling 1960 drivers nor the Hardy Tollroad overpass in 100 degree heat.

After work would probably be okay, but in the a.m. I wouldn't want to offend my co-workers with the funk I'd generate on the way there.

I drive but its only three miles. I guess I'm lucky because I live inside the loop and I work inside the loop. I could never deal with the commute to the 'burbs, but I know to each his own.

I will probably take the Metro Rail when it's cool enough to walk from the Astrodome station to Almeda without sweating like a pig. It's only a mile walk but it's hot out!

I do take the metro when I go to the medical center, or downtown (because of parking issues and because I find it kind of liberating to take a break from driving sometimes).

Agreed, just wish it went more places. Can't people stop fighting long enough to get the danged thing built!

Archived