Baylor St. Lukes McNair Campus & Health Sciences Park

Lulleah

According to This , tower two has supposedly started.

The future of the Texas Medical Center is tied to The Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke's Health's $1.1B McNair campus. While JE Dunn is building out the interior of Tower 1, Tellepsen Hunt, a joint venture between Tellepsen and Hunt Construction Group, has started construction on the second tower. Once completed, the McNair campus will occupy 1.2M SF with 650 hospital beds across two towers. Completion of the entire McNair campus is slated for 2019.

- piggybacking off Urb's post from the same link in the BLVD Place expansion. 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
22 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Previous design by HKS

11951523_10153106600240418_6783658612224

The current design is much more mature looking. This one is interesting in some ways, but its clearly a preliminary stab at it. The dead give away is the extremely thin floor slabs, extremely (laughably) thin columns, and thin material profiles. But hey, gotta start somewhere. At least the render gets our climate right haha. Nice and rainy.

Some relevant info excerpted from an interview in the HBJ with CHI St. Luke's/Baylor St. Luke's President Gay Nord.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/04/26/houston-hospitals-president-looks-forward-to-new.html

The other thing on the horizon is that we will be opening inpatient services in our Baylor St. Luke’s McNair campus, which is about a mile and a half from here, and those beds will open in January 2019. At the same time, this will free up capacity at our TMC hospital too — we’ve had some capacity issues at TMC, so this really works nicely strategically and for our patients and create capacity.

As of late, I’ve also been attending meetings with architects on the TMC and the McNair campus. My day usually ends early to late evening — it’s not unusual for me to have a dinner meeting at least Monday through Thursday. Then, I get to go home to my family before doing it all over again the next day — very full, but typically very rewarding days.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Permit was filed for tower two on 05/28! 12 stories 

http://www.cohtora.houstontx.gov/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=soldpermits&IBIF_ex=sold_permit_d&CLICKED_ON=&PN=19039217&PT=13

Project No: 19039217
Date : 2019/05/28 00:00:00
USE : (EPR) HOSPITAL OFC/CLINICS BLDOUTS 1-12-
Owner/Occupant : *BAYLOR COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Job Address : 7200 CAMBRIDGE ST A FL6 77030
Valuation : $ 9,300,000
Permit Type : 13
FCC Group : Non-Residential Alteration
Buyer : *LINEBEACK
Address : 3900 ESSEX LN 1200 77027
Phone : (713) 419-9955
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, AREJAY said:

http://www.cohtora.houstontx.gov/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&IBIAPP_app=soldpermits&IBIF_ex=sold_permit_d&CLICKED_ON=&PN=19039217&PT=13

This is great, it's looking like the neighborhood around TMC3 is starting to shape up.

I'm guessing the older renderings on this thread are not up to date. Does anyone know if there are any updated renderings out yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AREJAY said:

I notice a stray dash after the "12."  I wonder if there might be additional stories for the building, but, at this time, the interior build-out is only being done for floors one through twelve (that is, a shell will be built above).

I'm not well versed in City of Houston permitting nomenclature and clerk entry patterns, so apologies if my speculation is off base. :) 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 8:51 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

I'm not entirely sure.  The tower looks curved. This could be the back side with the 5-story diagnostics and treatment facility.

I think you are possibly right. I guess they are building two separate entities. One is this diagnostics and treatment facility...

On 11/9/2019 at 2:58 PM, H-Town Man said:

Floor count matches old rendering. Breathing again...

and the other one matching the floor count which you state is the building that was first proposed and looks like its still happening.

This seems true given that both entities were displayed at this presentation.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Baylor College of Medicine McNair Campus
  • 3 weeks later...